Nexus 4 Conspiracy Theory

Minh808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did Google mislead us into thinking that there were Nexus 4 in stock yesterday? Well here is how is see it November 27 was just a preorder day. There was no stock to sell out since they didn't even complete shipping the first round of orders. Flashing that "Sold Out" seconds after they went live only caused more frenzy. This caused me to over buy did this happen to your too?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It never said in stock I don't think. I'm pretty sure it said ships in 1-2 weeks as soon as it opened. But Google has done pretty good at getting the backorders quickly. Hopefully we'll be closer to 1 week instead of 2. Either way not bad.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If they sell enough maybe they'll understand there is enough of a market, to provide us with 32GB and enable the LTE chip. It will out sell the S3. Oh and LG...throw in a removable battery, would ya? "Worlds first perfect phone":p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If they sell enough maybe they'll understand there is enough of a market, to provide us with 32GB and enable the LTE chip. It will out sell the S3. Oh and LG...throw in a removable battery, would ya? "Worlds first perfect phone":p

Actually, if it sells well, there's less incentive to add features. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Did Google mislead us into thinking that there were Nexus 4 in stock yesterday? Well here is how is see it November 27 was just a preorder day. There was no stock to sell out since they didn't even complete shipping the first round of orders. Flashing that "Sold Out" seconds after they went live only caused more frenzy. This caused me to over buy did this happen to your too?

My second one already shipped, due tomorrow. Maybe cause its a replacement??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

radimir

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of conspiracies. My dad posed an interesting idea. I had him order the phone for me, since I was at work at the time and I don't work at a computer, and the first time it went on sale and I tried ordering it off my Gnex, it didn't work.
He was able to get it, but not without some trouble.

Turned out that what was giving him trouble placing the order in the first place, receiving the same error message over and over, was the fact that he wasn't signed in to a google account. He's not an avid googler, and doesn't really have an active google account. I think he has Google+, for work or whatever, and ONLY when he was prompted to enter his full real name, did the account activate and was able to take him passed the "proceed" link, into the actual ordering area.

His idea, is that google did this to weed out certain people. To have only active google users be able to buy these phones, or have better chances of buying these phones. Basically his idea is that they weeded out certain people, which or whome we'll never know, and google will never say.

Either way, all this N4 ordering business has been ed since day one, and IS kind of weird and shady.

What say you, people?

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of conspiracies. My dad posed an interesting idea. I had him order the phone for me, since I was at work at the time and I don't work at a computer, and the first time it went on sale and I tried ordering it off my Gnex, it didn't work.
He was able to get it, but not without some trouble.

Turned out that what was giving him trouble placing the order in the first place, receiving the same error message over and over, was the fact that he wasn't signed in to a google account. He's not an avid googler, and doesn't really have an active google account. I think he has Google+, for work or whatever, and ONLY when he was prompted to enter his full real name, did the account activate and was able to take him passed the "proceed" link, into the actual ordering area.

His idea, is that google did this to weed out certain people. To have only active google users be able to buy these phones, or have better chances of buying these phones. Basically his idea is that they weeded out certain people, which or whome we'll never know, and google will never say.

Either way, all this N4 ordering business has been ed since day one, and IS kind of weird and shady.

What say you, people?

I thought about this too since you couldn?t buy the phone without logging into google.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd say this thread is a laughing stock and you are all crazy and waaaaaaaay over thinking it. Go buy something on eBay or amazon without logging in.... Oh wait, you can't. Conspiracy? Are you guys serious? Do you think before blurting random crap?

moonlitwingsx

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Conspiracy theories are perhaps fun, but ultimately silly and not meant to be taken seriously. :p

But while we're on the subject.. While I'm not an expert in the subject matter, I've heard of stories of big companies purposefully shorting product availability on purpose on first release date, during holidays, etc., to give their investors hard-ons and drive up the price of their stocks-- either by producing very little of a product and BS about their numbers, produce a huge batch, but hide a majority of it in some random, unknown nondescript, run-down warehouse somewhere in China, then promise that "due to staggering demand," that there's a 3-5 week restock time so that hype builds amongst the angry, but ultimately loud hardcore fans-- then suddenly-- SURPRISE! They somehow deliver way ahead of schedule!

People get their products, investors see another massive rush of this new, mysterious product and buy, buy, buy.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd say this thread is a laughing stock and you are all crazy and waaaaaaaay over thinking it. Go buy something on eBay or amazon without logging in.... Oh wait, you can't. Conspiracy? Are you guys serious? Do you think before blurting random crap?
Exactly. The phone is sold on the Google Play store. You know, Google's online store. How would you expect to purchase it from Google's store without logging in? It makes no sense.

Minh808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The worst part is that we kept seeing the RED "SOLD OUT" if Google intended it to be a preorder why was it there. Right now in the Playstore it not sold out and you can order one so why was there. All I could think of was I have to get in before its gone like the first time.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The worst part is that we kept seeing the RED "SOLD OUT" if Google intended it to be a preorder why was it there. Right now in the Playstore it not sold out and you can order one so why was there. All I could think of was I have to get in before its gone like the first time.

it was NEVER a PREORDER. they were selling the phones. after their stock went out the shipping date went to 1-2 weeks then further down.

The soldout was actually the souldout and they opened up the purchase for delayed delivery(4-5 weeks) its just common sense.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I created a new gmail account prior to buying this phone. So my google history on my new account is pretty much zero. I eventually got a phone in the second wave after using the tab and Enter method. Shipping estimated at 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21