Earpiece Distortion

gomab357

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of the phone with CS. They are going to send me a replacement. Even though it is on backorder, the CS told me that I will get a replacement as soon as possible.

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of the phone with CS. They are going to send me a replacement. Even though it is on backorder, the CS told me that I will get a replacement as soon as possible.

Last I heard, they keep units on hand to handle warranty replacements, though they did, eventually, run out...

gomab357

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to pay $350 for them to send me another :(

They said that it will stay as pending until they receive my defective phone.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I have the same issue, but since we ain't the only people mentioning this issue, I'm afraid the replacement could have the same problem.

I'm tempted to just wait a bit and call for a replacement when more batches are available.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I had to pay $350 for them to send me another :(

They said that it will stay as pending until they receive my defective phone.

I don't think they actually charge you UNLESS you don't send back the original unit.

Kinda like they didn't actually charge you for the N4 until they shipped it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

An_Architect

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue. The speaker in the ear piece in not secure. Anything over 25% volume and it raddles in the housing (sounds like a blown speaker). Spent 10 minutes on the phone with Google and have another one on the way. Love the phone just wish I would have made a call before setting it up.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Did they mention if they are sending you a new one or a refurb?

I wish I would have called BEFORE installing screen shields.

gomab357

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Did they mention if they are sending you a new one or a refurb?

I wish I would have called BEFORE installing screen shields.

I was told brand new...

- - - Updated - - -

I have a similar issue. The speaker in the ear piece in not secure. Anything over 25% volume and it raddles in the housing (sounds like a blown speaker). Spent 10 minutes on the phone with Google and have another one on the way. Love the phone just wish I would have made a call before setting it up.

Exactly. Mine sounds like a blown tweeter at half volume and above.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
+1 Same issue. And this is happening on the phone I received as a replacement to my first one that came with cosmetic damage. The sound is so terrible I'm just going to keep the first one and send the replacement back. The cosmetic issue I can live with... this speaker I can't. Really let down as a whole. Two bad units (different problems) and daily random reboot issues (another thread). That GS III is looking better everyday.

Detroit_vr

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 4 earpiece sounds like crap. Defective or not?

Hi everyone.

I received my Nexus 4 on Nov 28th and picked up a t-mobile sim on Nov 30th. While I am generally happy with the features of the phone, the earpiece speaker sounds horrible.

I am not some sort of audio snob. But this phone has the worst sound of any phone I have ever owned. To me it sounds the same way that a blown stereo speaker sounds. The phone earpiece has lots of vibration-like noise, even when turned all the way down to the lowest level.

Since I have no idea if every Nexus sounds like this, I'm not sure if I should exchange the phone or just outright return it. Best case, I would like to hear what a "good" Nexus sounds like. Would anyone with a Nexus 4 in the Detroit or Macomb County area be interested in getting together for a few minutes (I'll meet wherever you want), so that we could compare the sound of your good Nexus 4 to the sound from my "bad" Nexus 4?

Thanks, vr

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Nexus 4 earpiece sounds like crap. Defective or not?

You got a bad nexus 4 same thing happened to me I order a new one
Hi everyone.

I received my Nexus 4 on Nov 28th and picked up a t-mobile sim on Nov 30th. While I am generally happy with the features of the phone, the earpiece speaker sounds horrible.

I am not some sort of audio snob. But this phone has the worst sound of any phone I have ever owned. To me it sounds the same way that a blown stereo speaker sounds. The phone earpiece has lots of vibration-like noise, even when turned all the way down to the lowest level.

Since I have no idea if every Nexus sounds like this, I'm not sure if I should exchange the phone or just outright return it. Best case, I would like to hear what a "good" Nexus sounds like. Would anyone with a Nexus 4 in the Detroit or Macomb County area be interested in getting together for a few minutes (I'll meet wherever you want), so that we could compare the sound of your good Nexus 4 to the sound from my "bad" Nexus 4?

Thanks, vr

ChewieD2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi I'm in the same boat, although the replacement i was sent looked to be a refurb (the black tape on the box had been cut and new tape applied over the top to re-seal it) and my second phone has the same problem, in fact it is slightly worse which is depressing so now i'm not sure what to do, do i send another one back and cross my fingers? Otherwise it is a quality phone, just so frustrating!

Idanb

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Hi everyone.

Thanks, vr

Hi Detroit,
I'm having the same issue here, and I could compare my phone to his and his is better(still not perfect).
Unfortunately I live abroad now so i cant send Google the phone for replacement.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Stumbled on this after searching for the same issue. Just compared mine to guys at work and his is loads better than mine. Looks like a return for me!!

Andy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch