Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marktrav44
  • 1 Post By Ziptied
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default shipping refund??

    Hi guys,

    is it true you can get a shipping refund if you ordered in the first batch of N4s?

    I spent $18 on the 2 day shipping.... I got my phone 15 days later...15 days, what the heck is that? Should be worth 25 cents shipping.

    Anyways, can you really get shipping refunds?

    thanks
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochtide View Post
    Hi guys,

    is it true you can get a shipping refund if you ordered in the first batch of N4s?

    I spent $18 on the 2 day shipping.... I got my phone 15 days later...15 days, what the heck is that? Should be worth 25 cents shipping.

    Anyways, can you really get shipping refunds?

    thanks
    I think in the last email from Google regarding the N4, they stated that it will take 7 business days to get the refund on your account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by canary_111 View Post
    I think in the last email from Google regarding the N4, they stated that it will take 7 business days to get the refund on your account.
    So we had to get some sort of email?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    You never got an email when your phone shipped?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    There were a couple emails from Google about this, you should have got at least one of them.
    Essentially, if you had a confirmed order in the first batch that wasn't delivered to you by the 5th business day you'll be getting the shipping charges refunded.
    Check back with Google if it hasn't been processed 7 days after you were billed.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    What i did was send an email about the shipping refund since it took them 6 business days for me to get my phone. They replied after a day saying that i would be getting a refund on the shipping and that it could take up to 1-2 weeks before it shows on my credit card.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    There were a couple emails from Google about this, you should have got at least one of them.
    Essentially, if you had a confirmed order in the first batch that wasn't delivered to you by the 5th business day you'll be getting the shipping charges refunded.
    Check back with Google if it hasn't been processed 7 days after you were billed.
    Yup got the email about shipping charges being refunded.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Interesting, I got charged for 2 day shipping but I know mine will be coming in "weeks".
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Interesting, I got charged for 2 day shipping but I know mine will be coming in "weeks".
    But it will still be shipped via 2-day service.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Interesting, I got charged for 2 day shipping but I know mine will be coming in "weeks".
    That's because it won't be ready to ship for couple weeks. Once it goes out, it will be sent with 2-day shipping. That's what you paid for, not rush order processing.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    That's because it won't be ready to ship for couple weeks. Once it goes out, it will be sent with 2-day shipping. That's what you paid for, not rush order processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    But it will still be shipped via 2-day service.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I'm fine with that, not worried about the few extra dollars I have to pay. In the end it will be worth it for the pure Google experience.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I'm fine with that, not worried about the few extra dollars I have to pay. In the end it will be worth it for the pure Google experience.
    I agree the nexus experience is completely worth the extra few dollars.
    HTC G1Nexus OneDroid X | HTC Amaze 4G | LG Nexus 4 | LG Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 (2012) | Note 10.1 (2014) | Moto X
    Thanked by:
    Ziptied likes this.
  13. #13  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by marktrav44 View Post
    I agree the nexus experience is completely worth the extra few dollars.
    Thank you for that
    Google it.
    Thanked by:
    marktrav44 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    So has anybody gotten their shipping refund like Google promised (in email)? For those who ordered on launch day.
  15. #15  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by vtmf5 View Post
    So has anybody gotten their shipping refund like Google promised (in email)? For those who ordered on launch day.
    Anyone hear anything about this? The email said 7 business days and I believe it's been longer than that : /
  16. #16  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochtide View Post
    Hi guys,

    is it true you can get a shipping refund if you ordered in the first batch of N4s?

    I spent $18 on the 2 day shipping.... I got my phone 15 days later...15 days, what the heck is that? Should be worth 25 cents shipping.

    Anyways, can you really get shipping refunds?

    thanks
    I'm not sure if you can but i'm pretty sure it's not google's fault, UPS is screwing up :/
  17. #17  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Its just a waiting game guys, be glad you got to order already!
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «
  18. #18  
    map1978's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Its just a waiting game guys, be glad you got to order already!
    Well then they shouldn't send emails stating this...

    As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you’ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days
  19. #19  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    No refund or email about it since I got mine. I think I'll just send then a quick email about it.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    Update, this is the reply I got this morning after they pass it to a "specialist". The delay on my bank's end is BS because the original charge showed up right away (on Nov 19) not after a couples days.
    I will still dispute the charge with my CC company end of day today since it's been at least 15 business days since the original charge and more than 10 business days since they first promised the refund.
    I gave them the benefit of a doubt with the original shipping fiasco, not the second time. Don't have the patience.

    Apologies for inconvenience caused.
    Thanks for calling in to check on your refund- I can assure you that you will get it shortly. As mentioned it may take a couple of days for it to show in your accounts, so please continue to keep an eye out for the status. The refund has shown as being processed by our system, so I know that you will receive it shortly.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: shipping refund??

    I just received my shipping refund. Check your accout - it might be shown there.

Similar Threads

  1. Google can refund your shipping for your Nexus 7 Pre-Order
    By quinnsdaddy11 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM
  2. GP Refund Shipping Charge Petition (Take Action) Link to Sign
    By bunique4life05 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
  3. Google refunded my N7 shipping costs
    By kevinnugent in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  4. battery only charger free overnight shipping on vzw
    By peterr22 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 08:53 PM
  5. Best Skins Ever - Now shipping for the Droid
    By bwhite757 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

B