Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Does the Nexus 4 really look SOOO yellow tinted?

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post
    The glue under the glass is not 100% dry let it dry for a wile and it should show really good whites
    How long will it need to dry? I just got my Nexus 4 yesterday, but the screen tint is VERY yellow. The display actually looks like garbage compared to my GNex. I hope it's just the glue, but how long should I wait before I worry, or send it back?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tubalord View Post
    How long will it need to dry? I just got my Nexus 4 yesterday, but the screen tint is VERY yellow. The display actually looks like garbage compared to my GNex. I hope it's just the glue, but how long should I wait before I worry, or send it back?
    is it yellow all over or just in certain areas?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    is it yellow all over or just in certain areas?
    It looks yellow all over to me, but certain areas seem worse (the bottom half or so of the phone when held in portrait).

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It looks yellow all over to me, but certain areas seem worse (the bottom half or so of the phone when held in portrait).
    i have no idea bro, you could ask Google and see what they say.

Yes, I am same problem the bottom of the screen is little bit yellowish thn top, is this just glue or what. I had already replaced 1 cause 1st one had a cracked on the back.

My screen looks yellowish but only if I watch from a steep angle fr the bottom.

On a normal viewing angle it looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yukichi View Post
    I personally prefer the cooler "blueish" color of the iPhone 5 over the yellow tint any day.
    Me too... but I'd take a NEXUS 4 over an iPhone 5 any day, too.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
    KwietStorm likes this.

Coming from a Galaxy Nexus: No doubt, the Nexus 4 screen is much better than the Galaxy Nexus screen, regardless of any supposed warmness.

I had 2 Nexus 4's. One that I got from T-Mobile and the one I got from Google on Thursday. I was going to keep the one from Google and get rid of the used T mobile one (hahaha yes I know it was still brand new with no scratches or anything) but when I put the side by side the Google play was displaying yellowish whites why my other one has never displayed yellowish whites. I think it just luck of the draw, probably something that can be fix with software.
    United States Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    I had 2 Nexus 4's. One that I got from T-Mobile and the one I got from Google on Thursday. I was going to keep the one from Google and get rid of the used T mobile one (hahaha yes I know it was still brand new with no scratches or anything) but when I put the side by side the Google play was displaying yellowish whites why my other one has never displayed yellowish whites. I think it just luck of the draw, probably something that can be fix with software.
    can you post some pictures of the device, so we can see and i am still wondering is this a software issue or hardware?

Oky before i sent back my 1st one which had a cracked on the back glass i took a pic with new one. left side old one right side new on https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64014163/DSCN0649.JPG
    seems new one have the tint issue
    Last edited by Red_Wolf; 12-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    can you post some pictures of the device, so we can see and i am still wondering is this a software issue or hardware?

Oky before i sent back my 1st one which had a cracked on the back glass i took a pic with new one. left side old one right side new on https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64014163/DSCN0649.JPG
    seems new one have the tint issue
    I don't have the other phone anymore, I sold it I only have mine that doesn't have the yellow screen. I can't see your picture right now, government computer blocks it!
    United States Air Force

I've never seen this yellow tint people have spoken about, and my screen doesn't show any symptoms, but I'd like to know if people have had this problem right out the box or if it came from gradual use.

Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    I don't have the other phone anymore, I sold it I only have mine that doesn't have the yellow screen. I can't see your picture right now, government computer blocks it!
    well, hopefully you gonna take a look when you go home, and yeah gov pc sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    well, hopefully you gonna take a look when you go home, and yeah gov pc sucks
    Yup my Google ordered one looked yellow just like that. Then one I got from t mobile has no yellow what so ever.
    United States Air Force

Not sure if any has answered this yet but the saturation of the nexus has been lowered a lot and shows the actual true color (I think) than the saturated screen of the iphone or nexus.

My GN looks super yellow next to the N4, certainly not the other way around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just received my N4 ordered from Google and it is awfully yellow compared even to my old iPhone 3GS. I am completely disappointed. If it doesn't go away in a few days ( as some mentioned it might be the glue ) I am returning it or selling it. Cannot stand the yellow tint. I like warm colors but this is ridiculously yellow. The black is not even black and the default android theme looks crappy and ugly for that reason
    Last edited by Hristo Dikov; 01-04-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hristo Dikov View Post
    I just received my N4 ordered from Google and it is awfully yellow compared even to my old iPhone 3GS. I am completely disappointed. If it doesn't go away in a few days ( as some mentioned it might be the glue ) I am returning it or selling it. Cannot stand the yellow tint. I like warm colors but this is ridiculously yellow.

- - - Updated - - -

I just received my N4 ordered from Google and it is awfully yellow compared even to my old iPhone 3GS. I am completely disappointed. If it doesn't go away in a few days ( as some mentioned it might be the glue ) I am returning it or selling it. Cannot stand the yellow tint. I like warm colors but this is ridiculously yellow.
    There are apps to get rid of the warm colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I see no yellow whatsoever!

Defective screen, something odd with the camera maybe? Like most of you, I've watched a plethora of videos and only pocketnow seems to have an N4 that looks like that on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I see no yellow whatsoever!
    Its not yellow, its just warm colors compared to iphone

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

My GNex screen looks like crap next to the N4 screen. It's is very yellow compared to the N4.

60% of the time it works every time!
    *Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

I've never seen a Nexus 4 but I just wanted to add that it might be an issue with the displays.

I requested a replacement for my Galaxy Nexus and it arrived yesterday. My old phone had "banding" but more whenever the screen displayed the color red. The replacement I received is great as far as there is no banding and the color is consistent now. But this replacement is definitely tinted yellow and dimmer than my original phone. I've seen lots of reports of some Galaxy Nexus screens being tinted yellow so I'm wondering if this is the case with the Nexus 4. I'm debating on whether I should send the replacement back because I can sort of "fix" it with the extra settings in CM.

The screen on the Nexus 4 is great in my opinion and really beats the GNex. Colors are just warmer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Moto X/ Google Nexus 4 / Google Nexus 7 / Chromebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12