In most cases, you are locked out from your device or it can not be touched at all. How do you manually reset your Google Nexus 4 Android smartphone to factory data settings?
If you are suffering this, please try to:
1. Power off your device.
→ If the phone screen was frozen or crashed, press and hold the POWER button for at least 12 seconds. Your phone will turn off and then turn back on.
2. Press and hold the Volume keys then press and hold the Power button (simultaneously).
3. An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
4. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
5. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
6. An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
7. Press the Power key and Volume Up keys simultaneously.
8. Use the Volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power key to select.
9. Use the Volume keys to scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power key to select.
→ It will takes you several minutes for system to complete the hard reset process. Please be patient.
10. Select Home to setup basic settings via quick start guide.