Random Reboots?

NoahJohnson

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting random reboots on the Nexus 4? It's happening to me about 2-3 times a day. Sometimes it reboots even when it's just sitting on my desk doing nothing.

About to try a factory reset to see if that solves it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoahJohnson

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Did a factory reset last night and got a random reboot this morning? Could this be a hardware issue? Is there a log I can review to see what may be causing the reboot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NoahJohnson

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I do not have HD widgets installed. The reboot happened again while I was on a conference call. That's twice already this morning after a factory wipe. I even removed as many non google applications and widgets I could and it still randomly rebooted.

Any other advice? Could this be a hardware defect?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My N4 has been running non stop since I unlocked the bootloader last week. I would suspect app conflicts causing your reboots. It's pretty easy to check. Just do a factory reset, elect NOT to install any of your backed up stuff, resist installing any and all apps and let the phone run for a day or two. If you get no reboots, your problem is with one or more apps that you use. Just install them slowly and monitor your phone.

anshu001

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hiiiii....i recently got my nexus 4 ....and i am facing a serious issue of random reboot,please help.phone gets rebooted now and then,when you call,or when idle,i am pretty sure its more than 10-12 times a day...i tried evrything...updated it to 4.2.1.then again installed the stock rom-4.2,still issue remained,then cynognmod 10..still no solution.i have locked the phone again with stock rom.please help!!!its very dissapointig.

NoahJohnson

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem. Tried everything including removing ALL third party apps. Called google for a replacement. No problems and no reboots since replacement and my apps and usage are exactly the same. In fact, I have installed a good number more apps.

Don't let anyone tell you it's a software problem because based on my experience I think it may be a hardware one. Get a replacement from google for defective hardware.

theBeachB0Y

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem. Tried everything including removing ALL third party apps. Called google for a replacement. No problems and no reboots since replacement and my apps and usage are exactly the same. In fact, I have installed a good number more apps.

Don't let anyone tell you it's a software problem because based on my experience I think it may be a hardware one. Get a replacement from google for defective hardware.

Had the same problem since day one, random reboots MANY times a day. Yesterday it would crash every time I'd take a picture, today it was every time I'D get a phoen call.

This evening I did a factory reset and did not connect my gmaila ccount (so no app installed at all), fully factory stock and it crashed a little later when pressing the back button when reading a text message.

Called customer service and I am sending it back to Google for a replacement... If your phone does reboot even when 100% factory, don't hesitate to send it back.

theBeachB0Y

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
awaiting my replacement now.

Even without sim card, no apps installed and nothing linked (no email or app) it crashed just randomly pressing buttons.

So unless it's an app that comes with the phone, this is not related to anything software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey