Nexus 4 Takes Worse Pics than 5th Gen iPod Touch

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another observation and test, it appears that images taken with the newest 5th gen iPod touch appear to be more saturated, but clear/focused whereas the pictures taken on the Nexus 4 front facing camera appear to be slightly blurry and fuzzy, though more "natural colored", the slight blurriness associated with each pic is what bothers me.

For those who want to test... take pics of yourself... and pay attention to details where hair is. The sharpness/clarity is much better on the ipod touch.

There also appears to be no way to adjust the focus when taking a self portrait on the Nexus 4 as the circle that focuses appears to automatically follow your face. Not sure if being able to manually adjust that would make a difference, if at all possible to adjust it.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I truly could not care less about the quality of a front facing camera. Not into the whole "selfy" thing, and Skype/Face Time looks like crap regardless. Also, I use my phone as an information finding device and...well....a phone. For the occasion when I need a handy quick camera, anything will suffice. When I'm out taking photos (my job), I'll use my 5D.

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the 5D. Though I admit I do not carry it around often... the sad thing about this is that if I had to have a phone for info and be able to take relatively decent pictures that I feel acceptable... sure anything suffices, but it is a bit sad I have to pull out my iPod Touch to take the photo. In a rear vs rear camera comparison, despite Nexus 4's 8 MP... the photo quality appears better and sharper on the iPod Touch... perhaps it has to do with its saphhire lens or better optimization or better sharpness/saturation? Either way, I would expect the camera quality to be a bit better such that I dont have to rely on my portable media player for decent quick "instagram friendly" photos. Sure quality is not going to be as good as my 5D, but at least I know its better than my phone... :(

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Gladly, if no one else is able to put some up. Seriously, you will be astonished if you have not seen how much of a different world they are.

I admit the Nexus 4 is a step up in many ways from the Galaxy S Captivate.... even the camera, but I expected better than an iPod Touch 5th gen lol.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is a phone that exist that doesn't have threads about how bad the camera is. Every phone I've owned takes great shots.....for a CELL PHONE. If you need more camera power, buy a camera. The N4 takes amazing images.

However...I have noticed that watching movies on it don't look nearly as good as they do on my 2 year old 50 inch LED HDTV. What a piece of crap!

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
it might just be the screen being better on the ipod touch. i personally couldnt care les about the camera on the phone as long as its 8 megapixels thats all i really need to see. but it is useful though sometimes to have a better camera. now for the fact why the ipod touch has a better camer a is that the ipod touch is honestly better than so many phones in many ways except it cant make calls or text. its expensive though at 300, mmore than most 7 inch tablets. now apple makes great cameras and the iphone 5's is arguably the best on a smarthphone, so my guess is that they just put a great camera on the ipod touch like the iphones just like how the screens on both are also the same. the nexus 4 thoug is more of a performance device thats made to open things quickly and get things done, and is less of a multimedia device than the ipod touch. so it shouldnt be such a suprise that the ipods camera is better than the nexus 4's, youre paying 300 dollars for a multi media device...its bound to be amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12