1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kp4

Default Nov 27 order, card charged, but not shipping for 1-2 weeks?

Real quick, I'm new to the Android world. I have been an iPhone user since 07 and as many before me have said, I am just tired of the same looking and feel. I'm currently on a 4S, didn't want to go to the 5 when I heard about the N4. The N4 will be used primarily for work, and 4S will still be for personal use. I just bought an N7 a week ago and have fallen in love with Jelly Bean.

With that said, I saw that my card had been charged for the 16gb N4 I was somehow able to order on Nov 27. I got one of the 1-2 week orders. From what I've read, doesn't Google usually charge the card when the item has shipped? I haven't received any shipping notifications, just the original confirmation email. Curious to see if anyone else has this going on.

KP

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Default Re: Nov 27 order, card charged, but not shipping for 1-2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by kp4 View Post
    Real quick, I'm new to the Android world. I have been an iPhone user since 07 and as many before me have said, I am just tired of the same looking and feel. I'm currently on a 4S, didn't want to go to the 5 when I heard about the N4. The N4 will be used primarily for work, and 4S will still be for personal use. I just bought an N7 a week ago and have fallen in love with Jelly Bean.

With that said, I saw that my card had been charged for the 16gb N4 I was somehow able to order on Nov 27. I got one of the 1-2 week orders. From what I've read, doesn't Google usually charge the card when the item has shipped? I haven't received any shipping notifications, just the original confirmation email. Curious to see if anyone else has this going on.

KP
    That's all normal. The card isn't actually charged. It's pending (being a place holder of sorts) until the device is ship, at which time the charge will go through and take your money.

I'm in the same boat. Eagerly waiting.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    kp4

Thank you for the clarification! Waiting begins
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    kp4

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 4:03:23 PM CST

1-2 Weeks, 16gb.

Still waiting

This is what is happening to me...

Regarding my nexus 4 order.

My credit card was charged and supposedly the phone shipped on 11/30. I checked my credit card and it was charged, and it reflects in my credit card balance (it is not a hold).

What google has done is fraud because in says in the confirmation email sent when I placed the order it says that they will not charge my credit card until the phone has shipped. A label was created 6 days ago, and in my order status on google play's website says the phone was shipped 11/30. When I track UPS tracking number UPS' website has no tracking information and the following message shows up;

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I have called google and they are giving me the run around. I'm really disappointed with the experience.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marzio Padilla View Post

My credit card was charged and supposedly the phone shipped on 11/30. I checked my credit card and it was charged, and it reflects in my credit card balance (it is not a hold).

What google has done is fraud because in says in the confirmation email sent when I placed the order it says that they will not charge my credit card until the phone has shipped. A label was created 6 days ago, and in my order status on google play's website says the phone was shipped 11/30. When I track UPS tracking number UPS' website has no tracking information and the following message shows up;

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I have called google and they are giving me the run around. I'm really disappointed with the experience.

M
    I would bet at the end of the day, many should be able to get their 2 day shipping charge refunded. But it might take someone contacting their state attorney general to get it to happen.

M
    Having the same issue. Charge is no longer pending and has been charged to my card. Says it was shipped on 11/30, expected delivery on 12/4. Seems like they created labels without any phones to ship.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

There's a huge thread going on this issue. You're not alone.
    Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

M
    I have had occasion to call the Google Play Support line on several occasions and have found all of the people I have spoken with to be very helpful to this point. Google does its shipping and distribution through an outsource agreement with UPS WorldPort based out of their hub located in Louisville, KY. UPS is typically very proficient in this area but like all things there are delivery failures that occur in the system.

If your shipping label was created on Friday the 30th I would be asking the Play Store Support team to escalate this issue. I know on a recent issue I had occasion to call about the rep sent me an email while we were on the phone and told me to reach out to him directly if I had any questions or concerns before he was able to get back to me.
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk