Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Basscase
  • 1 Post By Burleson90
  • 1 Post By jflexe99
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pulse notification light??

I don't see it.... How does it work?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Pulse notification light??

Its turned off in the settings when you first get the device. You need to go in the settings and turn on the pulse notification light.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It is turned on but I don't see anything...

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post

i didnt either. Downloaded light flow and it worked though.

Not even when you have a notification? That's all it works for right out of the box.

I've said it before... And I'll say it again... light flow from the market is one of the most functional and cool apps for this phone. I hated how the led didn't work when charging. Light flow let's you customize the crap out of your notification lights.

zerkms likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It wasn't doing anything until I downloaded light flow. Now I see it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I don't see it.... How does it work?

What I see is very subdued. The light - located at the bottom center of the face (about where the Home button is located on an iPhone) - flashes a very faint blue whenever the phone is sleeping and I have waiting email, voicemail, etc. It flashes at a very leisurely rate of once every several seconds and is not at all obvious unless you pay attention to it.

I had the same experience. I went into settings > display> unchecked pulse notifications, rechecked and exited. It worked after that at least for me. Go figure...
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

light flow doesnt work on either of my n4's. even the dev doesnt know why. he and I have run multiple diags and came up with nothing.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    light flow doesnt work on either of my n4's. even the dev doesnt know why. he and I have run multiple diags and came up with nothing.
    When did you last try? What's New, Version 3.3.0 (Release 1029) - 09 November 2012 specifically states "Added Nexus 4 compatability"
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    When did you last try? What's New, Version 3.3.0 (Release 1029) - 09 November 2012 specifically states "Added Nexus 4 compatability"
    Tuesday was when the dev and I both threw in the towel.
    Google it.

does lightflow allow you to adjust how often it blinks as well? The intervals between the blinks seems long to me. i would test it out but im without my N4 for awhile as i returned my first one to tmobile and ordered a replacement off google

Quote Originally Posted by Burleson90 View Post
    does lightflow allow you to adjust how often it blinks as well? The intervals between the blinks seems long to me. i would test it out but im without my N4 for awhile as i returned my first one to tmobile and ordered a replacement off google
    Yes it does. You can set it slow, medium, fast, super fast, steady....or something like that. For charging I have mine set to blink slowly red when under 15%, then slow blink yellow when charging, then stay steady green when fully charged.
    Thanked by 2:

gotta love N.W. people
    im in Vancouver WA
    Basscase likes this.

I can't get lightflow to work properly on my n4 either. It does notify when an event happens. It just notifies for no reason quite a bit. Right now it is blinking what looks like a very faint purple for no reason that I can see. None of the notifications that are enabled in lightflow use that color.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lightflow free is what I use on my N4. Works perfectly! Awesome app! Oh how I missed my led notification light from my blackberry!!!
    sibeans likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kobastal View Post
    I can't get lightflow to work properly on my n4 either. It does notify when an event happens. It just notifies for no reason quite a bit. Right now it is blinking what looks like a very faint purple for no reason that I can see. None of the notifications that are enabled in lightflow use that color.
    That "faint purple" sounds exactly like the default notification color used by the stock OS. Blinking about once every 4 seconds or thereabouts?

Maybe something is getting past Lightflow?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Same with me, that's the stock notification. Light flow never worked paid nor free.
    Google it.

It's a shame. It worked great on my razr maxx and was one of my favorite apps. But, now I get so many false notifications that it is not worth having it. Great idea for an app (and one I am happy to have paid for, if it works).

Go into the Notifications area and find out what app matches the color bar. Go in and check the Clear Notification Style and see what its set to. You might have had a notification bar alert and swiped it to clear it. Some are set so you have to go into the app to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by corkey723 View Post
    Go into the Notifications area and find out what app matches the color bar. Go in and check the Clear Notification Style and see what its set to. You might have had a notification bar alert and swiped it to clear it. Some are set so you have to go into the app to clear it.
    I cannot believe I did not see this sooner. This is exactly what was happening on my Nexus 10. Turns out there was a notification for "No Signal" and once I disabled that the constant "purple" light went away. Thanks Corkey!

I had issues with lightflow and not being able to clear the notification pulse so I turned it off. Now I never see pulses. Guess I need to un install it but I've been too busy. The standard notification light didn't seem to go off at the right time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Odd that it seems to work with some and not others, no?

You and the developer hitting a dead end isn't super encouraging :/

What did you set to do this, please?

personally i try to find a way to increase this rate without lightflow as i read a lot about this app draining battery.
    it's a shame that 1blink in ten seconds is obviously too slow... what's wrong at android :-/