Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which launcher do you use? Paid or free version?

Apex? Nova? Go?

Pro version of any of these?

I downloaded Apex on the 20th when I got the phone and just downloaded pro yesterday and I'm not sure why. All I did was change the way it looks when I cycle through the screens.

What are some tips or hints you think not many people know about Apex/Nova/Go

Why does no one use Go on the internet but everyone downloads it?

Default Re: Which launcher do you use? Paid or free version?

I use ADW EX. The new update really helped it out. Plus it integrates with JB really well. Sounds a lot like apex. Used launcher pro plus before that, but the Dev totally abandoned it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Nova, paid version.

Uses for me: - use 3 homescreens only, I have no need for more than that.
    - Gesture features: swipe down to bring notification shade down when on homescreen. Once you get used to that you never want to reach all the way up to pull it down, lol. Also swipe up for app drawer, let's me limit the number of dock icons I use.
    - use custom folder and app icons, let's me set it up nicely like the screenshot i have below.
    - ability to backup and restore multiple different settings and configurations.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which launcher do you use? Paid or free version?-uploadfromtaptalk1354279047051.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Nova, paid version.

- Gesture features: swipe down to bring notification shade down when on homescreen. Once you get used to that you never want to reach all the way up to pull it down, lol. Also swipe up for app drawer, let's me limit the number of dock icons I use.
    - use custom folder and app icons, let's me set it up nicely like the screenshot i have below.

Did you restore your Nova backup from your GNex onto the N4, or set up Nova from scratch?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

ROM
    Stock

HTC Thunderbolt (Gingerbread): Go!Launcher, free. Since it's on Gingerbread, aftermarket launchers are now somewhat limited, and the old version of Sense is horrible. Go! is about the best option I've got.

Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean): Stock or Nova (Paid). Stock has gotten pretty good, but like 2defmouze I find having to reach all the way to the top of the screen to pull down the notification bars is too much like work, and I like the extra configuration options. Currently, though, I'm running stock and liking it. I'll probably switch back to Nova in a few days.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    Why does no one use Go on the internet but everyone downloads it?
    I use Go Launcher EX right now on my MoPho and love it, but I'll probably try out stock for a while on the N4. My main reason for installing it initially was being able to customize the dock, but I've grown to like some of the other little features (such as themes and being able to customize drawer and screen shift animations). I also like that the devs constantly update it.

I also own ADW EX (bought it during Google's 10 cent sale), but don't like it as much as Go.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

I use Nova Launcher, paid version

apex pro got it for 25 cents during the sale
    Nexus 7 Rooted with Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    Nexus 4 4.2.2 w/ PA 3+ & Franco Kernel

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have paid version of apex launcher that I always used. Used Nova for a little bit before that, and Launcherpro plus in its early days
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

NOVA Pro, the paid version, I love it.
    Google it.

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I was wondering if there is a launcher that looks mostly stock, but works in landscape mode for the home screen. Using the Optimus G has really gotten me to like landscape home screens, I was looking to see if it's possible to extract that launcher too use, but it changes a lot of stuff when all I really want changed is orientation. Any suggestions?
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Stock all the way.

Sent from my Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

Stock or Apex.

Used to use Nova, but it has more noticeable lag for me. This was across my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4. Apex has the same features I need without the lag, and you can fit more onto a homescreen as it can have a bigger grid. It does redraw a fair bit with certain widgets which is annoying, but not anywhere near as annoying as Nova's lag.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Did you restore your Nova backup from your GNex onto the N4, or set up Nova from scratch?
    Decided to set it up from scratch, wanted to limit the amount of data I restored between devices, and I liked getting a fresh canvas to play with

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I was wondering if there is a launcher that looks mostly stock, but works in landscape mode for the home screen. Using the Optimus G has really gotten me to like landscape home screens, I was looking to see if it's possible to extract that launcher too use, but it changes a lot of stuff when all I really want changed is orientation. Any suggestions?
    There are a couple ways to do it if you're rooted, like a simple build.prop edit. If you aren't rooted, an app like this will enable rotation in the stock launcher:

I've been using the stock launcher as well - I love its fluid transitions. Maybe I'll give Nova another try though.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    There are a couple ways to do it if you're rooted, like a simple build.prop edit. If you aren't rooted, an app like this will enable rotation in the stock launcher:

I've been using the stock launcher as well - I love its fluid transitions. Maybe I'll give Nova another try though.
    Thanks, I am indeed rooted. I used that app, and I like how it works, but I'm not a fan of the price. I'm very curious about the build.prop edit method. Do you by any chance know what needs done?

EDIT

I did some Googling and the launcher.force_enable_rotation=true + reboot doesn't seem to work
    Last edited by Saiga; 11-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Thanks, I am indeed rooted. I used that app, and I like how it works, but I'm not a fan of the price. I'm very curious about the build.prop edit method. Do you by any chance know what needs done?

EDIT

I did some Googling and the launcher.force_enable_rotation=true + reboot doesn't seem to work
    Interesting - perhaps things have changed with Android 4.2.

I did find the stock launcher with rotation enabled: . Give that a try.
    Thanked by:
    Saiga 
    Saiga likes this.

Zeam has always been good to me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nova Prime

I have used ADW, Nova, and some others. I say always pay if you can. Generally these programs only cost a few dollars and we should do what we can to support the developer community on Android. Some apps they do pretty well off advertisements built into the app but launchers don't have adds so I think paying is the right thing to do.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Nova, paid version.

I'm not gonna lie, I love your homescreen. Is that minimilistic text? I've been trying to mess around with it to replace icons but they all come out looking really ugly.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I've paid for adw ex, nova and apex and apex is my preferred launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums