Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By andr0idralphie
  • 1 Post By fredwardnelson
  • 1 Post By josegb2011
  • 1 Post By dougE2483
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-MOBILE monthly 4g insurance

hey i recently hooked up my nexus 4 to the $30 monthly plan from t-mobile and also added the insurance package for $7 dollars..my question is if something happens to my phone...would this insurance give me the same model? basically a new or refurbished nexus 4?

Default Re: T-MOBILE monthly 4g insurance

Either. But more likely a refurbished model.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Did you buy this nexus 4 from the playstore or tmobile?

Sent from my PC36100
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Did you buy this nexus 4 from the playstore or tmobile?

Sent from my PC36100
    I got it from Google but I presume that since T-Mobile sells this phone as well they would not have a problem

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josegb2011 View Post
    I got it from Google but I presume that since T-Mobile sells this phone as well they would not have a problem
    You may be right you should call customer service and ask but I wouldn't think so because you didn't buy the phone from them but I could be wrong

Sent from my PC36100

Please let us know when you find out, I want to do the same thing once my N4 arrives.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually tried that first but the rep did not know and gave me a phone number for the insurance but that was if i wanted a claim ..so thus i made this thread.,
    (update) from what i read in xda forums they seem to believe it does cover it..read the last line in the page and theres also more conversation about this in the next pages..(link)Nexus 4 Insurance - xda-developers

I believe our phones are covered by Asurion, they're more likely going to try to get you a refurbished phone first. I think T-Mobile charges a $135 processing fee anyway... $7 x 12 months = $84 + $135 = $219. Add taxes ( currently 8.875% for us in NYC, $238.44 total for replacement after ONE year with insurance, $322.44 after two years ), a possible police report, wasted time and annoyance and you might want to opt for dropping the insurance and look forward to purchasing a new NEXUS 4 from Google and investing in a sturdy case and being vigilantly careful with your device.

Think about it.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

hey i recently hooked up my nexus 4 to the $30 monthly plan from t-mobile and also added the insurance package for $7 dollars..my question is if something happens to my phone...would this insurance give me the same model? basically a new or refurbished nexus 4?
    No. T-Mobile only covers the ones they sell. If you get it then you break your device you'd have paid into insurance and will not get a new device. When processing your claim it will flash and site you did not get this from them. I'm ten thousand percent sure. I verified through Assurion and my old boss. I worked for T-Mobile almost five years. In store and corporate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I see your point..but example my phone gets damaged sooner than later and no insurance would be bad..so im going the safe route on this, $7 dollars a month wont hurt me plus i did buy a case from amazon just waiting on it..

I see your point..but example my phone gets damaged sooner than later and no insurance would be bad..so im going the safe route on this, $7 dollars a month wont hurt me plus i did buy a case from amazon just waiting on it..
    Your insurance is no good. They'll allow you to add it to any phone by default. But I promise it's not valid.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly_Snipes View Post
    Your insurance is no good. They'll allow you to add it to any phone by default. But I promise it's not valid.

hmm idk at this point your saying no but this forum from article says yes..(link)Support: Warranty? Bought through Google Play Store.

ROM
    Stock

There's also SquareTrade.

hmm idk at this point your saying no but this forum from article says yes..(link)Support: Warranty? Bought through Google Play Store.
    You may want to contact Asurion then.
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    You may want to contact Asurion then.
    I'll try.if not than I'll make the switch to square trade.

I need to drop the insurance coverage from our plan, too. I'll look into Square Trade if any...
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Don't be stupid, the man worked for T-Mobile, it will allow you to add it sure but when its time to use it to replace your device the system will flag it and they will not swap it for a new/refurbished device. If you want to be hard headed fine. SMH, a dang shame

At least call Asurion, I'm sure you know how wrong reps can be. Maybe they think its covered because you can add the insurance to the account but I'd take heed to the mans advice and common sense. WHY would T-Mobile replace a phone you got from Google and not them? I can see if it was a T-Mobile phone you bought off of ebay or something and they decide to cover it, at least it came from them originally. I don't any problem working around the system but at least consider the good advice. imo
    MERCDROID likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by fredwardnelson View Post
    Don't be stupid, the man worked for T-Mobile, it will allow you to add it sure but when its time to use it to replace your device the system will flag it and they will not swap it for a new/refurbished device. If you want to be hard headed fine. SMH, a dang shame

At least call Asurion, I'm sure you know how wrong reps can be. Maybe they think its covered because you can add the insurance to the account but I'd take heed to the mans advice and common sense. WHY would T-Mobile replace a phone you got from Google and not them? I can see if it was a T-Mobile phone you bought off of ebay or something and they decide to cover it, at least it came from them originally. I don't any problem working around the system but at least consider the good advice. imo
    I did take his advice but I already bought the insurance before this, might as well keep it for the rest of the month and switch to square trade
    (Quick question would they rebate the money I paid for T-Mobile insurance? I just got it yesterday so

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

(Quick question would they rebate the money I paid for T-Mobile insurance? I just got it yesterday so
    Never hurts to try, but I doubt it unless you can convince them that it's actually useless for your phone. Even then, the hassle may not be worth $7.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Never hurts to try, but I doubt it unless you can convince them that it's actually useless for your phone. Even then, the hassle may not be worth $7.
    I just canceled it and they refunded with ease.. Also got square trade seems good enough
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

This is false because I have had many of phones replaced by T-mobiles phone insurance plan that I did not buy from T-Mobile, they will replace which ever phone your SIM was last used in and that you have selected on T-Mobiles web site as the phone you are currently using and having insured, as long as it is a T-mobile phone, and if Google and T-mobile are not doing anything to make either of the two phones different there will be no way to tell if it is the T-mobile or Google version.

*This was meant in reply to who said you could not get this covered by T-Mobiles insurance, as long as there is no distinct difference between the two phones, model number or something, they will have to cover the phone if you are insuring the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dougE2483 View Post
    This is false because I have had many of phones replaced by T-mobiles phone insurance plan that I did not buy from T-Mobile, they will replace which ever phone your SIM was last used in and that you have selected on T-Mobiles web site as the phone you are currently using and having insured, as long as it is a T-mobile phone, and if Google and T-mobile are not doing anything to make either of the two phones different there will be no way to tell if it is the T-mobile or Google version.

*This was meant in reply to who said you could not get this covered by T-Mobiles insurance, as long as there is no distinct difference between the two phones, model number or something, they will have to cover the phone if you are insuring the phone.
    Were they T-Mobile phones you bought online or were they non contract phones. meaning, not tmobile branded. There is a difference between the Google and T-Mobile phones, not in features etc but the T-Mobile phones displays 'T mobile' in certain areas of the phone. I hope you can do it, but I'd just be careful, T-Mobile probably will let it slide or maybe you'll slip through the cracks. idk, it's a risk though. once somebody does it we will know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fredwardnelson View Post
    Were they T-Mobile phones you bought online or were they non contract phones. meaning, not tmobile branded. There is a difference between the Google and T-Mobile phones, not in features etc but the T-Mobile phones displays 'T mobile' in certain areas of the phone. I hope you can do it, but I'd just be careful, T-Mobile probably will let it slide or maybe you'll slip through the cracks. idk, it's a risk though. once somebody does it we will know for sure.
    They were all T-Mobile branded phones, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S2, and Moto Cliq(horrible phone) but all were non-contract phones and craiglist buys, and after buying the phones I just updated with T-Mobile which phone I was now using and when I lost them or broke them, I got replacement phones with just having to pay that deductible that they require.
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougE2483 View Post
    They were all T-Mobile branded phones, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S2, and Moto Cliq(horrible phone) but all were non-contract phones and craiglist buys, and after buying the phones I just updated with T-Mobile which phone I was now using and when I lost them or broke them, I got replacement phones with just having to pay that deductible that they require.
    That's why. So you just proceed exactly what I said. This phone if bought from Google can not be covered. Don't call me a liar dude. That's rude of you.

I wouldn't waste any time giving false information in this forum. Branded devices can be covered. Non branded can not.

Thanked by 2: