Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

What ever APN that came on my phone automatically on my phone after I pop the Sim in is there every thing works SMS MMS data so I never bothered to change the settings I reset the phone let's see how the battery does no old apps

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I don't buy the 2 days use with an iPhone 5.

I just don't, especially after so many customers are complaining to me about battery life and how it doesn't last
    He forgot to mention that it's in a Mophie case.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    The Hustleman likes this.

These threads are getting worse

Default iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

I don't buy the 2 days use with an iPhone 5.

I just don't, especially after so many customers are complaining to me about battery life and how it doesn't last

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
    Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Ibrahim Mustafa likes this.

Off Topic(?);

From my tough Samsung SGH T329 phone to BlackBerry Bold 9700 to Sensation 4G to my NEXUS 4... I just don't get leaving every service enabled, making regular use of it and expecting to not plug it in at the end of the day. I figure God only knows what I'm going to go through the next day, just plug the darn thing in... you want a phone with a sucky battery? Take my old Omnipoint Ericsson-CF388! It must have boasted about fifteen to twenty minutes talk time, I swear! Even now my NEXUS 4 is plugged into my MacPro, charging while I figure out how to take over the world with it...
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

iPhone immigrants, can somebody tell me how to get my address book over to my new Nexus device? I have an iPhone 4

Well I wasn't too fond of doing the Google sync thing when moving to a new phone, export a vcf file, copy it to your new phone, import it with the contacts app (People on the NEXUS).
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    iPhone immigrants, can somebody tell me how to get my address book over to my new Nexus device? I have an iPhone 4
    If you have a gmail account set up, it's super easy. Make sure your gmail account is set up on your iPhone as an exchange account. Then make sure gmail contacts are set up to sync. Well, actually follow this tutorial. It explains it better than I am:
    Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.

On behalf of your contacts I ask you use the VCF export/import method, if only to spare yourself from knowing you made their personal data available for Google's servers to cull even if you assure yourself that their data already belongs to Google. Practice your freedom to swim against the ebb and flow of the tides... your splashes count.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
    Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

I can second this. I have an iphone 5 and I get 2 days out of it as well. I'm not trolling. I've actually been considering getting the Nexus 4 but the battery life discussions and other issues in the forums have been making me think twice.
    Thanked by:
    Ibrahim Mustafa likes this.

And to add one more thing. That is 2 days of use while on LTE most of the time.

When I first got the phone I was worried about my n4 not being able to last throughout the day, but after a few charge cycles it is already lasting and still getting better. I don't care if my phone lasts 5 days as I'm still going to charge it every night. As long as it makes it through the day with heavy use day in and day out that's all I need. I'll send some screenshots when getting low.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Mustafa View Post
    Yup everything is done on WiFi since my mobile internet sucks..gonna check the sync setting right now, my screen kills 35% of the battery and it is on auto and the android system kills the rest
    Turn off location reporting in Google maps

A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Clearly you haven't used it.
    I own one and still use it and it will last two days on a single charge if you barley use it. One day in a single charge is normal and more realistic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Then something must be wrong with my nexus 4 because the battery is killing me

musema likes this.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    With similar use I saw twice the battery life from iPhone 5 than my Nexus 4
    Yes the battery life on the iPhone 5 is better but in no way is it as good as the OP claims.

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post

If you can get 27 hours out ofa galaxy nexus....

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

If you can get 27 hours out ofa galaxy nexus....

True LOL but that was not using it all and of course rooting and crack flashing like crazy got me to that. This usage is all on stock and that's what the OP is referring too.

connect to the Bluetooth on my car I have to play the songs from my phone
    Wow, I never thought of this (I'm a tablet novice). I'm going to try to pair my N7 with blue tooth in my car.

I love my iphone 5 And my nexus 4 on the other hand My biggest complain is the fact my iphone 5 gave me 2 days of battery life on normal use and my nexus 4 gives half a day. Its a bummer,any tips ?
    Go to your setting and battery and see what is using the battery, and don't go around with brightness at 100%

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post
    Go to your setting and battery and see what is using the battery, and don't go around with brightness at 100%

Its not on a 100% its at 40%
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by tabletnovice View Post
    Wow, I never thought of this (I'm a tablet novice). I'm going to try to pair my N7 with blue tooth in my car.
    I have 2012 Camry se and I can see the songs on the screen with the Bluetooth with my iPhone 5 its been s fail with the gs3 I had and this N4 but definitely try it
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP

Why does it seem like you guys are feeding a gang of iTrolls?
    nothing nothing nothing

On iphone 5, I still have 30% after almost 6 1/2 hours of screen time. Give me that on the Nexus 4 and I will switch in a heart beat. Attachment 49215

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    On iphone 5, I still have 30% after almost 6 1/2 hours of screen time. Give me that on the Nexus 4 and I will switch in a heart beat. Attachment 49215
    So what android device are you currently using?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast