Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredshoes View Post
    Why does it seem like you guys are feeding a gang of iTrolls?
    Agreed. All I see is ios users here to boast how good their battery life is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Agreed. All I see is ios users here to boast how good their battery life is.

Agreed, look how good mine is

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 to Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1354489968718.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Here's mine. Not stellar but not as bad as many here claim.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 to Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1354490327816.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/2a4amu6a.jpg

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/e4ajuvah.jpg

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
    Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Ugh that UI. Someone would have to pay me to go back to iOS. I'm currently getting a full day of use with my Nexus 4 and that's with moderate usage throughout the day. If a phone can get me through the day without a charge with moderate usage like calls, texts, email and music then its good for me.

I have to admit my iPhone 5 gets way better screen on-time. Generally I get around 4 hours or so on the i5 and my old Verizon GNex would barely get 2 hours with 25% brightness with most everything turned off. I can't wait to try the N4.
    -Nexus 4-

I've charged every smartphone I've owned nightly. You think I'm trying to go the next day on 50% charge?! I own a smartphone for a reason, I'm a heavy user. If I wasn't, I'd be using a "dumbphone".
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

What are the onscreen times though? If the n4 can pull down 3 hours on screen I'd be happy
    -Nexus 4-
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Mine is an sgs3 and I am pretty sure I was around 7hrs when I took that screenie

Not bad

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 to Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1354761319118.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/my7uvuha.jpg

Is that on a Nexus 4? Why is that font so repulsive?
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    I can second this. I have an iphone 5 and I get 2 days out of it as well. I'm not trolling. I've actually been considering getting the Nexus 4 but the battery life discussions and other issues in the forums have been making me think twice.
    I may be wrong but in iOS if you don't fully charge the phone to 100% your usage and standby don't reset. So how do I know if that is legit? Again I may be wrong but I did have an I phone and I thought that's how it was.

I met to quote the iOS screen shot. I'm a terd.don't feel like looming for the post.
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tanson1011 View Post
    I may be wrong but in iOS if you don't fully charge the phone to 100% your usage and standby don't reset. So how do I know if that is legit? Again I may be wrong but I did have an I phone and I thought that's how it was.

I met to quote the iOS screen shot. I'm a terd.don't feel like looming for the post.
    that would make sense. I've heard that the battery for the nexus is only 2100 MhZ or whatever the units are for it. Maybe i'm wrong but I do know that the android takes a lot to work.

I posted earlier and just wanted to update. I was really impressed when I saw 44% left with over 17 hours discharging. Over I am very satisfied with the battery performance. These results where with moderate use on the web and streaming Google Play Music for about an hour.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 to Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1354776118738.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lazo7 View Post
    I have an iPhone 5 and waiting for my Nexus 4 to show up next week. Its my 2nd Android device after getting the Nexus 7 on black friday and really getting to love it. In regards to the APN settings i will followed the above settings. Im also going to be switching between the i5 and N4 every so often. Do i have to mess with Apn setting everytime i put the sim card in the devices? Also after setting the APN settings up for the N4 and when i switch back to the iphone 5 will my LTE work flawlessly?? Thanks for any response
    It's strange hearing about all these Nexus 4 issues, I wonder what happened, Nexus 7 is quite impressive.

Luckily Xperia S gives me about a day or so battery life on moderate use, also at night it drops about only 10-15%.

I'm wondering what's going on with the Nexus 4.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tanson1011 View Post

In real world use iPhone 5 can go for 2 days. As in you don't need to use a battery tracker, you can just use it for two days without charging.

Juicedefender really does solve a lot of your problems.
    Go to http://referral.t-mobile.com and type in icecream for the referral code you get 10+ bucks for free.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Is that on a Nexus 4? Why is that font so repulsive?
    Nope sgs3....and I like the font

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Juicedefender really does solve a lot of your problems.
    Not when its the screen eating up the battery

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/my7uvuha.jpg

This does not look good. And I am not talking about the battery life...
    HTC One 32GB (silver), Nexus 4 16GB, iPhone 4s 16GB, Nexus 7 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    I can second this. I have an iphone 5 and I get 2 days out of it as well. I'm not trolling. I've actually been considering getting the Nexus 4 but the battery life discussions and other issues in the forums have been making me think twice.
    I have had 4 different iPhone models (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5). I got the N4 on launch day and love it. I have completely stopped using my iPhone 5 and have put it up on eBay. The battery life is not near as bad as some people are making it sound. With the same amount of use that I did on my iPhone 5 I am able to get through the day and still have 60% of my battery left when I get home. That is to say I use it pretty heavily for about 12 hours. I use it for tethering, sms, facebook, and surfing the web. Having been an "Apple fanboy" for so long this phone has completely transformed me. I will not be going back to an iPhone any time soon. Do not let the horror stories on here scare you off. This is an amazing phone.

Nope sgs3....and I like the font

Hey we all have our customization preferences, that's why we're on Android right?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

no biggie to me, I have changed it a few times since that screenie...I love customization options since I get bored fast...

Quote Originally Posted by James Cortez View Post
    I have had 4 different iPhone models (iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5). I got the N4 on launch day and love it. I have completely stopped using my iPhone 5 and have put it up on eBay. The battery life is not near as bad as some people are making it sound. With the same amount of use that I did on my iPhone 5 I am able to get through the day and still have 60% of my battery left when I get home. That is to say I use it pretty heavily for about 12 hours. I use it for tethering, sms, facebook, and surfing the web. Having been an "Apple fanboy" for so long this phone has completely transformed me. I will not be going back to an iPhone any time soon. Do not let the horror stories on here scare you off. This is an amazing phone.
    I have also switched from iOS. Curious as to why people are having some major issues with the Nexus4 though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123