Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Phone app drains battery

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I've noticed in the past on my GS2 that some widgets are serious power vampires. (As in they drain the battery, not that they're like Klaus on the Vampire Diaries.) After updating my GS2 to ICS, I was getting insanely short battery like (like THREE HOURS!) and had to factory restore it. After I did so, I didn't do the usual "reload your 100 favorite apps immediately" thing, but let it sit bone stock and see what happened. What happened was that it seemed to lose no juice at all. Then I added my accounts and set up Gmail and waited some more. Slightly faster drain, but still good. Eventually I got all the software back in, but whatever they're doing is drinking from the power pool.

What's useful, but frustrating is that while GSam can point us toward what's feeding, it can't tell us what we can do about it when they're autonomous system processes. Sparkly Froo-Froo Widgets is using a lot of juice? Uninstall that troublemaker! Google Services or Phone drinking power? Ummmmm...
    Yup. I hear ya. There needs to be better control on optimization of apps. Google needs to monitor things like Apple does or it will be impossible to know what is wrong. I have been pretty lucky recently with my SG2. The battery isn't perfect but I know what to do it in order to minimize the drain. I use Go Launcher with the calendar and power widgets. Plus widgets for minimalistic text, circle battery widget, Bob clock. Over all these seem to be okay.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Issue randomly stopped! Hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AppHunter View Post
    Issue randomly stopped! Hope it stays that way.
    I'm not sure but if you root your phone you can probably relieve the problem or just remove the whole app even though that's going to be a bad phone. lol

I had the same issue, phone app was using 56% of my battery life. I deleted two "bad apps" I suspected to be causing the problem. A game boy advance emulator and a Nintendo 64 emulator. The phone app dropped to using 54% battery after a few minutes. The delete of those two emulators seems to be helping

Update: right after I posted this I checked my battery out again and the phone app is down to using 50%!!!! I hope this helps someone out
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12