Why is my Nexus 4 ineligible for Solavei?!? Missing out on FREE deal!

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time biting my tongue at the replies here because they seem to answer questions other than what I've asked. It's like I asked, "How do I change a tire?" and the replies are, "Cars are expensive. Buy a bike." and "You should change that tire." :mad:

I agree and have often felt the same way...

Although there is a side-benefit to the "I am trying to be helpful by giving you extraneous info/feedback/opinions" posts...

Others visit the thread and may find those "I am trying to be helpful by giving you extraneous info/feedback/opinions" posts to be helpful & informative...

But yes, I know how you feel. And you did a good job expressing your frustration in a productive manner with the "I'm having a hard time biting my tongue" wording...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nick Huntington

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The Micro SIM CARD IMEI number for SOLAVEI Services is 359902042371355
For REGULAR SIM CARDS the IMEI Number for SOLAVEI Service is 351863043927181

When you get your phone - Change the APN Settings for MMS

Need help - give me a shout out!

binhton

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell you my story with Solavei. I got the Nexus 4 and got the T-mobile $30 plan to try out. It worked perfectly. Got the fake IMEI to register with Solavei. Eventhough they said it was free first month, you still have to pay $49 for activation fee. I got the micro SIM correctly more than 2 weeks ago. I went on to activate on their site. Put the customer ID and order ID in, it was seemed to be activated. I didn't get any option to port my number and confirmation email or text message. I put the SIM in and could make phone call and saw my new phone number. I tried every APN settings I could find in their site, this site, web,... None of them are working. I can make phone call but not internet. Chat with CS couple of times and they said that my account was not activated and told me to wait. They escalated that to higher support. I waited couple of days and still no emails as they promised. I have totally chat with them 4 times now and it's still not resolved and account still not activated. They suggest now I create new account and order new SIM and will got refund for the old one once the new one activated. I don't want to go through the process again since I don't want to use the fake IMEI number again. Bad impression.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Let me tell you my story with Solavei. I got the Nexus 4 and got the T-mobile $30 plan to try out. It worked perfectly. Got the fake IMEI to register with Solavei. Eventhough they said it was free first month, you still have to pay $49 for activation fee. I got the micro SIM correctly more than 2 weeks ago. I went on to activate on their site. Put the customer ID and order ID in, it was seemed to be activated. I didn't get any option to port my number and confirmation email or text message. I put the SIM in and could make phone call and saw my new phone number. I tried every APN settings I could find in their site, this site, web,... None of them are working. I can make phone call but not internet. Chat with CS couple of times and they said that my account was not activated and told me to wait. They escalated that to higher support. I waited couple of days and still no emails as they promised. I have totally chat with them 4 times now and it's still not resolved and account still not activated. They suggest now I create new account and order new SIM and will got refund for the old one once the new one activated. I don't want to go through the process again since I don't want to use the fake IMEI number again. Bad impression.

free first month sounded good, till they asked 50 membership fee. straight talk is better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Received my Nexus 4 today. Took the sim out of my Galaxy Nexus and popped it into the Nexus 4, received signal in about 30 seconds. Deleted the T-Mobile APN that gets put on the phone, added the Solavei APN settings for the Galaxy Nexus and I am now receiveing internet and MMS....no problems here.

binhton

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Received my Nexus 4 today. Took the sim out of my Galaxy Nexus and popped it into the Nexus 4, received signal in about 30 seconds. Deleted the T-Mobile APN that gets put on the phone, added the Solavei APN settings for the Galaxy Nexus and I am now receiveing internet and MMS....no problems here.

I think your account is already activated properly with your Galaxy Nexus, then it works fine with Nexus 4. My problem is that it's never been activated properly by Solavei in the first place and they could not resolve it for couple of weeks. That's very strange to me.

Laura Wells

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
My husband has the Nexus 4 on Solavei and he loves it. MMS and everything working just great. In the beginning, when it first came out, the system hadn't been updated for it. The IMEI's hadn't been programmed in the system yet either. We just used the IMEI from my phone which used the same size SIM that the Nexus 4 required. My husband had to configure the phone's settings by trial and error because the system hadn't been updated. He created a document/jpg to share with others with the exact config, if anyone here needs it you can PM me (there is no reference to our Solavei site, so anyone is welcome to use the document for help in setting up their Nexus 4 MMS for Solavei).

Anyway, I know this post is a couple mos old, but I just wanted to let yall know that the phone does work (and always has worked) just perfectly on Solavei. I currently use the Samsung Note II on Solavei. There is no more cost to "join" Solavei anymore, and the SIM card/activation is only $9 now. We have been on the Solavei service since July, and have been very happy with the service, the price, and value. We do work the business side of Solavei as well, and that's served us very well. Husband is a tech-geek, and I like talking to & helping people. :)

PS: If you like using data on your phone, the $45 plan at Walmart is not a very good value.

I enjoy these forums, and have learned lots of great info from you all. Thanks for that!
Have a great weekend! :)
-Laura Wells

neanderth4l

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I initially had a no problems using a brand new Nexus 4 on Solavie but after a few days the phone just stopped reading my SIM card.
Solavei was very good with sending me a replacement. We had a few problems trying to set it up, resetting the phone, putting it in airplane mode, resetting the SIM card, turning the phone on and off etc etc etc.

Eventually we just gave up and the only thought I had was to get a replacement phone from Google. A friend called me while the phone was off and I chatted with her for a few minutes. When our call ended, I tried the N4 again and this time it read the SIM card.

All in all it took about 5 minutes with the phone off before it recognised the SIM. I don't know which particular step made the phone recognise the SIM, but we did do all of them. Hard manual reset. Airplane mode. Turn off and on. Reset the sim card (customer service.) And of course, a lot of taking out the SIM card and putting it back in.

I'm not suggesting that the OP didn't try any of these, but in case anyone else does have a similar problem, try a hard manual reset (look for it under settings) turn the phone off for about 5 minutes, and then try it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
PS: If you like using data on your phone, the $45 plan at Walmart is not a very good value.
Why not, since it's sold as "unlimited data"? Yes, there are reports of people being cut off, but I haven't seen any here and I haven't had a problem. Then again, so far I haven't used more than 1.6 GB in a month yet because I save the heavy downloading for when I'm on wifi. This post in general reads like a commercial for Solavei.
I'm not suggesting that the OP didn't try any of these, but in case anyone else does have a similar problem, try a hard manual reset (look for it under settings) turn the phone off for about 5 minutes, and then try it.
Hi, OP here and what you're talking about is unrelated to issues I had when I started this thread 2-1/2 months ago. Back then, the N4 wasn't considered eligible and the only way to get service would be to use another phone's IMEI #. I just checked my IMEI and now it's accepted, though it says it's not "officially supported." It is on the list of approved phones, so this issue appears closed by bow.

sibaroochi45

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
No reason given, just that it's not eligible. I tried the phone # on the site, but it's just an answering machine for the Freedom49 group. I'll shoot them a note and ask.

I am having the same issue with my LG Nexus 5 showing incompatible with Solavei. I got in contact with one of their independent reps through their facebook page. He told me that although the company hasn't updated their log of IMEI #s to reflect the new Nexus 5 phones the nexus 5 will work on their tmobile network just like any other GSM phone, especially since the last generation nexus is compatible. The IMEI check on their website is only so that they can ship you the correct size sim card (It is a micro-sim in the case of the Nexus 5). Here are the steps I took:

1. To begin signup of your Nexus 5 use this link.
2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 355136054175792 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days

Hope that helps.

FYI: Solavei support #: 866-765-2834