GMail account profiles, N4 and N7

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My son uses the Nexus 7 and I have the Nexus 7. We share the same profile because I don't want to pay twice for apps, etc...
How do I remove gMail emails from his N7, gallery photos, etc...which are all relevant to my main gMail account?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: gMail account profiles, N4 and N7

Naughty, naughty, naughty. As an occasional developer myself, I would have to say that depriving these guys of a measly few dollars is naughty, naughty, naughty. May you suffer for eternity in heck under the weight of a fat, bloated sex partner who never actually gets you off...

Having said that, just open the GMail app, tap menu -> Settings -> <account name> -> Gmail sync is ON -> <account name>. You should see a bunch of checkboxes which let you choose which items to sync.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Naughty, naughty, naughty. As an occasional developer myself, I would have to say that depriving these guys of a measly few dollars is naughty, naughty, naughty. May you suffer for eternity in heck under the weight of a fat, bloated sex partner who never actually gets you off...

Having said that, just open the GMail app, tap menu -> Settings -> <account name> -> Gmail sync is ON -> <account name>. You should see a bunch of checkboxes which let you choose which items to sync.

I took the checkmarks off of sync, but when I went into gmail I still noticed all of the old emails there still as well as the Gallery pics. How do I completely get rid of the old info in these apps?

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I took the checkmarks off of sync, but when I went into gmail I still noticed all of the old emails there still as well as the Gallery pics. How do I completely get rid of the old info in these apps?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Umm... Did you try just going into those apps and deleting the offending items?

Do a few first, then check your GMAIL account online or your other device to ensure they did not get deleted from there as well (they shouldn't, if you disabled sync as you said you did).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I recommend you install perfect app protector and locking the apps you dont want others to use. even if you disable sync, gamil app will sync when you open it.

Hmmm... So it does.

From the same screen with all the checkboxes (in Gmail), he can tap the Menu icon then tap Remove Account. In Gallery, tap Menu -> Settings -> etc to remove the account there as well.

But really, given the risk of eternity spent beneath a fat, bloated sex partner who never gets you off, wouldn't it be easier and better to just set up a separate Google Play account and pay an extra few bucks for those apps? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12