Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaenon
  • 1 Post By SOLGarion
  • 1 Post By Nonymous666
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slippery Back...funny observation!

The glass back is so slippery, it slides off of any surface that is totally flat...even a slightly tilted magazine!

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Slippery Back...funny observation!

Agreed. I could put my GS2 on my thigh while seated because the textured for her pleasure back provided enough stick. The N4 just goes "Whoops!" right off. Gotta be careful.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Is it thick? Does it add a lot of thickness to the phone with this case?

Global Posts
    4,264 Global Posts

My device has fallen off my bed, night table and sofa, lucky for me I have a carpeted floor. It's like it has a mind of its own.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jd914; 12-01-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

I don't know how many times I've woken up with it on the floor from vibrating off the nightstand. Plus, I realized the back is so smooth with so much surface area touching whatever it's sitting on that the vibrate barely makes a noise when it's laying down. Really annoying actually. I rely on the sound of the vibrating for many things.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

I watched my phone on my desk start moving around, and I thought I was going a little crazy for a minute until I realized it was actually moving.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Is it thick? Does it add a lot of thickness to the phone with this case?
    I doubt the flexible material is more than 0,75mm thick. It's not going to protect the phone from being run over by a car, but I estimate that it will protect the corners and back sufficiently in a typical drop from table height to floor. And, as I said, the phone is a lot less slippery with this cover in place.

I don't particularly care for covers, especially those that take a beautiful, slim phone and turn it into an ugly clunker. I can live with this one because it adds little bulk and the black version is hardly noticeable at all since the phone itself is black. I also bought a blue one (it is actually translucent, not opaque like the black model) for my wife's N4. Personally, I prefer the black one...

The link I posted earlier was apparently to Amazon's mobile site; here is the desktop site for the same product: Amazon.com: i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG 8gb 16gb (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a pile of credit card receipts on my desk awaiting input into my money program and I set my N4 down on it. Suddenly, I have it sliding off the desk onto my computer keyboard (pull out drawer)! No harm done, but the overall slickness of this bad boy means I'm very likely to get a case for it. My skin gets very dry in the winter between the low humidity and frequent hand-washing - I work IT support and sometimes the users mice and keyboards are GROSS - and the lack of hand oils plus this ultra-slick glass makes for a tough gripping situation.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

Made a review of the i-Blason TPU case. Thought u guys might be interested. If you like it please Subscribe
    Last edited by ahokin; 12-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Thanked by 4:

I got a S-line tpu from eBay. It seems all the S-line cases come from the same source. If mine is the same as the i-Blason then I'll add my vote for it. Adds very little bulk and I love the grippy, textured sides.

I as well have the black one but ordered the purple translucent one for my wife. For $3 shipped it was worth it. Have to wait 2 weeks for that or spend 10-15 on amazon and get it in a couple o days. Easy choice for those still waiting on their N4. My wife's is still pending so decided to order from China again.

I intended to get this until otterbox comes out with one but I am actually really liking it. As long as it doesn't get loose or slack on the sides I might stay with it with a screen protector.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I ordered a few s shields screen protectors from eBay. It works well for the back cuz its kinda rubbery. I didn't keep it on the front cuz it made it hard to swipe my finger across the screen. So I only got the back covered. But it keeps it from slipping off anything

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ahokin View Post
    Made a review of the i-Blason TPU case. Thought u guys might be interested. If you like it please Subscribe
    The demo at 1:26 of the phone sliding off the book is exactly what I was talking about above.

I see these cases for $15 shipped on Amazon, but if they're cheaper for the same thing from eBay, I'd like a link to them, please. Then again, if I can't get this washed-out display and power-guzzling battery issues sorted, I may be sending it back and waiting for something else. Bummed.

Yeah, it is the only real design flaw I've found with the N4. It doesn't feel that secure when holding it, but when you place it down it is so slippery.

Everyone places phones down flat on surfaces all the time. If you go into a bar and put your phone down on the table it's going to be on the floor petty quick. When i first got it I had laid mine down on top of my Nexus 7 (in the Asus travel case) when i went to sleep and twice it landed on the floor before I realised it was just sliding off.

They should've extended the rubber side out a fraction if a millimetre, at least just on the top corners so that the rubber rested on the surface rather than the glass. I might just stick a tiny strip of clear sub-millimetre friction material to the back just to grip it.

Here is the link to the exact listing I bought.

Was 3 + .90 shipping but looks like it went up a bit. 2 weeks from order to my door.

Here is the link to a different seller I ordered my wife's from.

2.01 shipped but I paid the extra for epacket delivery. Don't know if it will make a real diff in delivery time, but it was a cheap enough upgrade. I will let you know the quality and fit of the purple case from the 2nd seller when I get it.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I went to eBay and bought this for $4.99 shipped:

I searched for USA sellers and it should arrive by Thursday. I wonder what the lip on the front will do for the edge-swiping functionality?
    Last edited by DirkBelig; 12-02-2012 at 06:14 PM.

I've found that a lot of surfaces in my home aren't quite as level as I thought they were!

I ordered this case from cruzerlite in clear...

I was thinking of getting an lg wireless charging pad... Anyone think it will charge itch the case on?

Now you can get rid of you bubble level and just place your Nexus 4 on the surface if it moves it is not level.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

The other day i was gonna go use the restroom and placed my N4 on the counter next to the toilet. As I reached to unzip my pants I saw my Nexus just float away right into the toilet. After about a half second swim i pulled it out and started to clean it.

It mostly still worked. The speaker and mic were borked most of the day. I couldn't find a bag of nice to put it in so I got the bright idea of downloading one of those vibrator apps from the market. So I installed it and set it on vibrate for about 15mins. All the water was shook off and it works fine now.

I have dropped it 3 more times since then. Not so much by my own actions but the damn thing just slips off any surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Fernandez View Post
    so I got the bright idea of downloading one of those vibrator apps from the market. So I installed it and set it on vibrate for about 15mins. All the water was shook off and it works fine now.
    Holy rotting thread batman!

And sure, nice story ya made up to tell people why you have that vibrating app, you aren't fooling anyone.

bobjohnson201 likes this.

The other day i was gonna go use the restroom and placed my N4 on the counter next to the toilet. As I reached to unzip my pants I saw my Nexus just float away right into the toilet. After about a half second swim i pulled it out and started to clean it.

It mostly still worked. The speaker and mic were borked most of the day. I couldn't find a bag of nice to put it in so I got the bright idea of downloading one of those vibrator apps from the market. So I installed it and set it on vibrate for about 15mins. All the water was shook off and it works fine now.

I have dropped it 3 more times since then. Not so much by my own actions but the damn thing just slips off any surface.
    Woah, tmi dude. :P
    Well yeah. It slips without any other forces on it that i can see

Sent from my Nexus 4

so I got the bright idea of downloading one of those vibrator apps from the market
    That's what she said.
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    Holy rotting thread batman!

And sure, nice story ya made up to tell people why you have that vibrating app, you aren't fooling anyone.

hahahaha SOL you are killing me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    That's what she said.
    what is this, middle school? :P
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Look on the bright side: you could have been reaching to zip your pants back up!