Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By jonnie_r
  • 1 Post By soma4society
  • 1 Post By andr0idralphie
  • 1 Post By doug9000
  • 1 Post By Ziptied
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 moans and groans

I would just like to say that I am more than happy with my phone.

I get good battery life, haven't had any random reboots, no cracked glass (despite a few lessons from gravity), no faults with not turning back on and I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about lte or SD cards.

So to sum up everything normal and just thought I'd add a bit of balance to problems others seem to be having.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 5:

Default Re: Nexus 4 moans and groans

You and me both, bud!

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Add me as someone happy with the phone also.

ROM
    Stock

I love this phone. I just wish it would not get so hot while watching YouTube or Netflix.

Love my phone too! Sure there are some minor annoyances/wishes...but no phone/device is perfect.

This thing ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by sjsmr2 View Post
    I love this phone. I just wish it would not get so hot while watching YouTube or Netflix.
    +1

Happy in nearly every way, but today for the first time I noticed the heat while watching Netflix. I got the bumper so I think that's why I hadn't picked up on it before, but-- man-- she sure does get toasty...

Nexus 5/Moto X
    sjsmr2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    This thing ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!
    Agreed. Web browsing SUCKED on my BlackBerry, multitasking was slow on my Sensation 4G, EVERYTHING is buttery smooth on my NEXUS 4. Going back to Firefox Nightly from what ever else I was doing and the pages don't even reload, they're just there like I never left them! Where's the Take Over The World button!!??
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Agreed. Web browsing SUCKED on my BlackBerry, multitasking was slow on my Sensation 4G, EVERYTHING is buttery smooth on my NEXUS 4. Going back to Firefox Nightly from what ever else I was doing and the pages don't even reload, they're just there like I never left them! Where's the Take Over The World button!!??
    Flipping through the recent apps is insane, not to mention the slight animation going between screens. And yes, web browsing is awesome. Still getting used to Chrome, which I've been waitong to use forever. I used to use Dolphin on my MT4G. Which I loved, but I love Chrome on my desktop, so I hope it lives up to my expectations on mobile.

And another cool little feature is when you lock the screen, the animation is like shutting down an old TV. The little things in (nerd) life.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I'm not getting the best battery life but I just got my wireless charger so every time I put it down it's getting topped up.

Hopefully that will help a little with the battery life issue but otherwise I'm a very happy customer thus far with the device itself.

Sent from my Nexus 4

And another cool little feature is when you lock the screen, the animation is like shutting down an old TV. The little things in (nerd) life.
    Yeah I think that's cool, too. Reminds me of my childhood–especially that time my brother and I had to switch off the television and run back to bed because my father had come back for something he forgot... the damn little, white dot in the center of the screen blew our cover... well, maybe because we weren't the quick, silent ninjas we thought we were.
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•

Mine is boring. got no issues at all, everything is working as it should no cracks, scratches or crackling, boring boring boring
    andr0idralphie likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Damn, you must be new to nexus. That'd been around since the nexus s. It is cool though.
    Google it.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Damn, you must be new to nexus. That'd been around since the nexus s. It is cool though.
    I wonder why the tablets don't do that.

Only things wrong with this phone is the sd card missing and the fact that you can't remove and replace the battery when it dies. Idiotic move by LG but it is what it is.

I'm still buying the phone because it's worth the price and then some

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Only things wrong with this phone is the sd card missing and the fact that you can't remove and replace the battery when it dies. Idiotic move by LG but it is what it is.

I'm still buying the phone because it's worth the price and then some

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    You're still whining about that. Let it go. Oh and LG built it the way we told them to, so its not any move by LG.
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Indeed I am. Sold for life though!
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Indeed I am. Sold for life though!
    good!
    Google it.

You're still whining about that. Let it go. Oh and LG built it the way we told them to, so its not any move by LG.
    I assume you work for Google?

I want to know honestly WHY wouldn't you make the battery removable?

Especially after the poor battery life with the galaxy nexus?

At least then we had extended life batteries to make up for it

Love this phone! LG and Google surprised me with this device and I'm gonna stick with vanilla Android from now on. Nexus 4 until Nexus 5 comes out!

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Loving the phone in comparison to my BB curve but it is having reception issues. At my house I normally always get full bars and my wife is on the same network and gets full bars but the nexus is getting 2 bars, sometime no reception at all and sometimes its jumping up to full. I have done a factory reset and not signed into my google to make sure it was some apps I downloaded and I have gone in the phone testing menu to play around with the radio settings - changing it to LTE etc and it goes up to full bars for a minute or so and then drops back down again. Many times it has no reception at all which is definitely not right - I have tried another sim giffgaff instead of o2 - really seems like a phone issue and not the network. anyone had a similar issue?

Coming from both an iPhone 4s and Galaxy Nexus i9250, I neither love nor hate the LG Nexus. It's like a mash up of both my old phones that has its pros and cons. There will never be that "perfect" phone for me. Let's just say I'm content with the LG Nexus

Ecstatic with my phone!

I love my nexus 4 I just got it yesterday and I'm more then impressed. I'm also using net10 monthly $50 plan and I'm getting att hspa + 15.

I highly recommend this phone to anyone looking for a switch.

Flipping through the recent apps is insane, not to mention the slight animation going between screens. And yes, web browsing is awesome. Still getting used to Chrome, which I've been waitong to use forever. I used to use Dolphin on my MT4G. Which I loved, but I love Chrome on my desktop, so I hope it lives up to my expectations on mobile.

I see more and more people talk about the old TV shutdown animation. Really makes me wonder the lengths some manufacturers go to make Android "their own," because that animation has been around Gingerbread on the Nexus One.