Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: The "I've requested a replacement Nexus 4" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewisham View Post
    Same with mine. I think the yellowing will go away due to the glue issue. I remember that when I first received my N4 new I thought it was very yellow, but it's now much whiter than the RMAd version, so I think it'll break in. I also have yellow banding on my replacement right now, my hope is that the glue doesn't dry evenly during the drying process. I have less earpiece buzzing, but it's still there.

If the banding doesn't go away in a week, I'll RMA.
    so your screen is yellow, but not an evenly distributed yellow? you have yellow stripes?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

Same with mine. I think the yellowing will go away due to the glue issue. I remember that when I first received my N4 new I thought it was very yellow, but it's now much whiter than the RMAd version, so I think it'll break in. I also have yellow banding on my replacement right now, my hope is that the glue doesn't dry evenly during the drying process. I have less earpiece buzzing, but it's still there.

Ditto here.

Just received my replacement and the crackling noise when in a call is now gone, but the screen IS yellow (ish).

I really don't recall if my original was never yellow or it progressively got better, but side by side the new one is definitely yellow.

I will send the old one back to Google and use this one for a week, if the screen doesn't get better then it's going back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

Has the yellowing effect gone?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Update: sent 2nd replacement back after it had the same earpiece noise issues. screen was also yellower. i decided to just keep my original and call it a day. it never was a huge deal to begin with, but now i'm inclined to believe that most of the n4's have the earpiece buzzing...
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Question, how long was it for you guys to get your replacement shipping confirmation from the day you ordered?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Question, how long was it for you guys to get your replacement shipping confirmation from the day you ordered?
    Varies. It depends on their stock at the moment you order. The first time took like a week, the second time took a few days...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

How many business days until the "pending" charge is dropped and the returned unit has been reviewed? I sent my original back and they received it early last week, I still see pending in Google wallet. My phone wasn't cracked/shattered or water damaged so I know that is out of the question

Been 7 days and no word on my shipping confirmation (business days)

Just ordered new device. The camera has a brown tint at all times. And I just noticed a small crack on glass on the bottom back of device: ( hopefully they wont charge for another device. What u guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by accesschristopher View Post
    Just ordered new device. The camera has a brown tint at all times. And I just noticed a small crack on glass on the bottom back of device: ( hopefully they wont charge for another device. What u guys think?
    If u didnt do it, dont worry about it

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Doesn't matter if they have your info. They can't charge your account (legally) without an AUTH. Amazon may already have your car on file with a pre-authorization, or record one when you're on the phone with them. Otherwise, they can't charge you without your express permission.

Ordered my replacement Jan 7th, still hasn't shipped.

My phone was totally useless, rebooting every few pressed, multiple times a day... Even with no google account, no sim card, no location services.. just randomly rebooting all the times.

So now I have a nice Nokia phone with 12 buttons and a 2mpx camera, really fun.

Mine works fine except for the earpiece which is dead. I have to use the speaker for every call I make.

Anyway, I ordered a replacement on the 7th and no shipping notification yet. I sent an email to google asking when the replacement will be shipped and they said that they have no ETA at this time for the replacement.

I cant believe that Im actually paying for this mess

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I just got one and it does have the buzzing. With the amount of other problems that people are reporting, I think I'm going to just live with it since mine sounds a lot better than most peoples on here.

Just my experience with other phones is that your original is usually the best phone you will even get. (Unless its broken...then it wont )

When you ordered your replacement, did they give u a specific delivery time? Mine was 4-5 working days but i waited 7-8 working days to call them and they processed my order str8 away.

***Replacement order placed on Dec 28th, called Google Support on the 8th & received the order thr next morning. *** So i would say its better to call them than to email them
    N4

I called, as suggested, for the third time the abysmal google device support and still no luck. They have nothing on stock and probably new stock will come in a week or two (I suspect that she has no idea and just said that to let me go).

And I found out that I actually have to send back the device I have because the 21 days limit to return it does not change if they cannot send a replacement as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by fdan100 View Post
    I called, as suggested, for the third time the abysmal google device support and still no luck. They have nothing on stock and probably new stock will come in a week or two (I suspect that she has no idea and just said that to let me go).

And I found out that I actually have to send back the device I have because the 21 days limit to return it does not change if they cannot send a replacement as promised.
    The shipping takes 4 or3 days so keep that in mind. Ship in 14 days for the shipping label though

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by fdan100 View Post

wow it seem like even the back-up supply ran out. For the 21 days that you have to send your faulty device back i spoke to one of the agent from Google Support and he told me that the counting starts when you received your replacement device and it kinda make sense for me because when the shipment of my replacement arrived, there was a return shipping label for the faulty device.
    N4

Yes, it would make sense to count 21 days from the day you receive your replacement. But the email Ive got from them its says You will not be charged if we receive your original device within 21 days from the date you order your replacement device. So the counter starts the day you order the replacement and not the day you receive it. And the customer service lady confirmed that to me when I called today.

different agents say different thing ) in any case i received my replacement device well within the 21 days period so it was fine for me but im quite surprise on how Google trained their customer services employees as it seem they know bloody nothing :-s
    N4

I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive, shipped Friday. My phone randomly overheats every few days (to 54-59 deg C) when it's in my pocket or on desk, unused in sleep mode. Other days it behaves fine. Also phone call reception is always awful. I'm not convinced the replacement will be any better so want to try it for a week before deciding. I'm assuming the 21 days is from when you requested the replacement as Google told me it may take "weeks" due to low stock (UK) whereas in fact it's been just a week since I requested it, via the link they emailed me. They said that the 21 days would only be waived if it took longer than that to receive the replacement.
    Do you think trying it for a week is risky? The phone I'm returning only started to overheat after 3-4 days.

Btw, how do I reset to factory settings before returning the phone? Obviously have personal data, apps, photos, music that I need to wipe. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam59 View Post
    I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive, shipped Friday. My phone randomly overheats every few days (to 54-59 deg C) when it's in my pocket or on desk, unused in sleep mode. Other days it behaves fine. Also phone call reception is always awful. I'm not convinced the replacement will be any better so want to try it for a week before deciding. I'm assuming the 21 days is from when you requested the replacement as Google told me it may take "weeks" due to low stock (UK) whereas in fact it's been just a week since I requested it, via the link they emailed me. They said that the 21 days would only be waived if it took longer than that to receive the replacement.
    Do you think trying it for a week is risky? The phone I'm returning only started to overheat after 3-4 days.

Btw, how do I reset to factory settings before returning the phone? Obviously have personal data, apps, photos, music that I need to wipe. Thanks
    to Reset: in Settings - under Personal - Backup & Reset - Under Personal Data - Factory Data Reset
    N4

I got my replacement last Tuesday. So far it has none of the problems of my original (ordered on launch day, rev 10), which were loud earpiece no matter how much I turned it down it was still ear splitting, the screen sometimes would remain black when I woke it up, and it started to randomly reboot about a week before I sent it back. New one (rev 11) has been much better, and it also seems like it has better battery life (just comparing my daily usage).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by minhbt View Post
    to Reset: in Settings - under Personal - Backup & Reset - Under Personal Data - Factory Data Reset
    Many thanks for your help. I won't do it until I've tried the new phone. Will ask google in writing for date when they have to have received the faulty phone back.

nexus 4 wouldnt turn on for about seven hours the other day. obviously i phoned google for a replacement, which has been sent out (yesterday i think), however since phoning them my phone started to work. about an hour after phoning google for replacement, i dropped my phone. it now has a scuff mark on the top and a hairline crack about 2in long down the back.

do you reckon i should send it back or will they shaft me for the full cost of the replacement/repair?

would it be worth keeping old model and being charged for new model, then selling old model on ebay, prices are still crazy there.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast