Threads/Issues to keep an eye out for and how to handle them

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned in another thread, I've been through several android phone launches and they seem to all follow a similar theme.

Here is a quick primer on the threads you will see people posting when they first get their phones, eventually this will all settle down.

Thread: "OMG the battery dies so quickly!?!?!" (Or similar)
Reason: There are basically two reasons for this 1) The battery needs about a week or two of charging cycles to "settle down"and give the expected (advertised) battery life. 2) New owners are busy playing with their phones all day for the first couple of days and they don't even realize how much they are using it most of the time. It does without saying, the more you use it, the quicker the battery will deplete.
A possible 3rd reason are Badly written/non updated apps. When a new OS is introduced (For this phone it would be 4.2) many deveopers are slow to update their software to be compatible, Over time this will resolve itself. All you can do it wait for the developer to catch up or not install it until they do.

Thread: "Wow this phone gets hot! Is this normal????" (Or similar)
Reason: New owners need to realize that these smartphones are basically mini computers stuffed into a tiny case. They have advanced processors which get very very hot when constantly used. This is especially evident when streaming video and/or having the screen on for extended periods of time. THIS IS NORMAL. Some phones feel warmer than others due to build materials or placement of the processor.

Thread: "Why does the screen look so yellow?!?!"
Reason: This is a tough one, but it seems no matter what device comes out people always feel that their screens are yellow lol. I've seen this on iphone/ipad/android forums when new devices are just out. The consensus is that over time the screen will lose the "yellow" tint people see as the glue behind the screen finishes drying up.

Feel free to add your own, but these are the main ones I can think of now.

Cheers!

EDIT: And there may very well be a couple of small valid issues with the N4 (As with most new tech), but the good news is that there will be updates pushed by Google to address them. The even better news is that we don't have a "provider" in the way of those updates and we will get them immediately. If anyone has been with Verizon and their slow update releases, you will know how happy I am about this! I think this is one of the bigger pluses for this phone.

cynicist

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
What's funny to me is that if you browse the S3 forums you would think it was the worst phone ever produced. It's good to remind people these problems can show up in all phones and that people are more motivated to post about their bad experiences in order to try and find a fix than they are to post that all is well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad