Tiny Planet Pictures taken with your Nexus 4

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Man, this makes me feel like an idi0t (mostly because I'm a photographer), but I just can't get this working. I tried in portrait mode and still have the big black center. I also can't figure out how some people seem to have moved their camera both up/down, as well as turning 360 degrees. Mine is always forcing me to turn 360 while keeping the camera level.

Have you tried finding the little blue dots that are shown when you are in photosphere? Center the viewfinder on those and it should work. Are you making sure you are finding them all?

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried finding the little blue dots that are shown when you are in photosphere? Center the viewfinder on those and it should work. Are you making sure you are finding them all?

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

That did it! You are awesome! I wasn't seeing the other blue dots when you tilt the phone up or down. Thanks.

redfoxdude

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Took this at Pier 39 in SF:
HBCYjl.jpg

dhworph

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
1. You have to click on the image in your filmstrip to bring it up and then the tiny planet option should appear, or you can click edit>(+/-)>Tiny Planet. Be sure you can see the menubar at the top of your screen otherwise the tiny planet option will not appear, you will only see the photosphere icon and the photo.

2. To get the black circle to disappear, you have to add a frame (from within tiny planet edit menu). It took a couple of tries for me to get this to work, but it works now.

panorama360

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I was thinking to see your uploaded images in my nexus 4 as panrama 360.. But, when I tried, it does not show the option of panorama button. It is just like normal image. What to do?? How can I see others 360 in my phone??

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've known about the "tiny planet" effect for a while, but never got around to trying it out. I went to do that just now, but none of my Photospheres give me the option. Sarcastic comments aside, the Photospheres in question are a complete panorama, have not been altered in any way, and seem otherwise normal to me.

Any thoughts?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've known about the "tiny planet" effect for a while, but never got around to trying it out. I went to do that just now, but none of my Photospheres give me the option. Sarcastic comments aside, the Photospheres in question are a complete panorama, have not been altered in any way, and seem otherwise normal to me.

Any thoughts?
I ironically just decided today to do a full 3D Photosphere and after I checked this was the only one I could do the tiny planet pic on. You have to move up and down until you do a full 360 degree shot.

Here's mine. Will work on the black hole part tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1369547966765.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You don't really need to be in portrait mode. All that means is your phone is vertical instead of horizontal.

Sent from my Nexus 4

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
To get rid of the black hole, hold your phone and rotate around it so that the center of the phone is on an imaginary axis. This got rid of my black holes.

Posted via Android Central App

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean hold it down at your feet?

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, I didn't mean hold it down at your feet. I tried this technique again today, and I can't get it to not have a hole in the center. I was only able to get one photo sphere that didn't have a hole in the center, so I really don't know how people get photospheres and tiny planets to come out perfectly.

If anyone actually knows how to do these photo spheres, you have to tell us, because I am losing faith in this gimmick.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
No, I didn't mean hold it down at your feet. I tried this technique again today, and I can't get it to not have a hole in the center. I was only able to get one photo sphere that didn't have a hole in the center, so I really don't know how people get photospheres and tiny planets to come out perfectly.

If anyone actually knows how to do these photo spheres, you have to tell us, because I am losing faith in this gimmick.

Hold the phone vertical when you do the photosphere. That will eliminate the holes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here is a new one. This was taken near my house. Had to take it, should be moving from here in a couple of weeks should or new home close on time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369812380958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369812380958.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14