- 31 Posts
Non-US resident purchasing T-Mobile LG Nexus 4 with early termination fee?
I've heard it mentioned a few times here about people purchasing the LG Nexus 4 from T-Mobile with an Early Termination Fee (ETF), and since I'll be state-side soon, I was wondering what the process is to buy the LG Nexus 4 for use outside of the US, from T-Mobile - assuming there is stock of course...
Is this even possible for a non-US resident?
Do you have to sign up for a contract, using a US address and then terminate, or can it all be done in the shop?
Also, does anyone know the ETF rate for this phone, I've seen mention of $150, but see in the T-Mobile online shop that there is a $200 ETF.
- 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM #2
- 56 Posts
Re: Non-US resident purchasing T-Mobile LG Nexus 4 with early termination fee?
Be very careful with this. Some people have succeeded doing this but I myself didn't. The rep I talked to was smart and said that I would need to pay the remainder balance of the phone plus the $200 ETF. Bring the total to $700 USD. I returned the phone and ordered through the google play store instead.
- By PaulDroidR2D2 in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2011, 11:34 PM
- By Jalarm in forum Rumored DevicesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2011, 11:29 PM
- By Baconator in forum LG G-SlateReplies: 22Last Post: 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
- By Baconator in forum Other TabletsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
- By hawzy5214 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 08-31-2010, 04:42 AM