1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Non-US resident purchasing T-Mobile LG Nexus 4 with early termination fee?

I've heard it mentioned a few times here about people purchasing the LG Nexus 4 from T-Mobile with an Early Termination Fee (ETF), and since I'll be state-side soon, I was wondering what the process is to buy the LG Nexus 4 for use outside of the US, from T-Mobile - assuming there is stock of course...

Is this even possible for a non-US resident?

Do you have to sign up for a contract, using a US address and then terminate, or can it all be done in the shop?

Also, does anyone know the ETF rate for this phone, I've seen mention of $150, but see in the T-Mobile online shop that there is a $200 ETF.

TIA...

Default Re: Non-US resident purchasing T-Mobile LG Nexus 4 with early termination fee?

Be very careful with this. Some people have succeeded doing this but I myself didn't. The rep I talked to was smart and said that I would need to pay the remainder balance of the phone plus the $200 ETF. Bring the total to $700 USD. I returned the phone and ordered through the google play store instead.