- 104 Posts
Clicking/Popping in HDR Camera mode
I was in my apartment last night taking some pictures in typical (slightly dim) household lighting. When I put the camera in HDR mode and began focusing on my subject, there was a rather loud clicking/popping noise coming from the phone's camera region on the back. I was able to replicate the noise several times consistently through pointing the camera, with HDR enabled, at the subject... moving the camera away from the subject... and then back again. In essence, it seemed like in this lighting situation, the focus function was resulting in noise.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? The noise I am talking about was very noticeable and really sounded like something was breaking. It was that bad sounding.
- 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM #2
- 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM #3
- 104 Posts
Re: Clicking/Popping in HDR Camera mode
I haven't attempted to replicate the noise since, but it was only when I was in HDR mode. I was hoping this wasn't an issue, but I wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else. In my own personal experience, I have never had a phone or camera make the type of popping noise while focusing. I don't think it would matter, but It did happen after I took approximately 20+ pictures (Christmas decorations ). Maybe it was just being overworked.
- 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM #5
- By popkurn611 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 11-07-2012, 01:24 AM
- By icebike in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 04-15-2012, 05:21 AM
- By jeffskop in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2011, 03:41 AM
- By callderek in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 15Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
- By Ostrich69 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM