Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Want a different keyboard...

    How do I get this keyboard on my nexus 4? I really like it better.

    This is the keyboard on my Rezound...


    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Want a different keyboard...-uploadfromtaptalk1354571214148.jpg  
  2. #2  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Are you asking how to install a different keyboard or are you asking for help identifying the keyboard in the screenshot?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    I need to properly identify and find the apk for it. Any help greatly appreciated!

    I thought I had the .apk for it but cannot find it and don't recall which keyboard it is.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I need to properly identify and find the apk for it. Any help greatly appreciated!

    I thought I had the .apk for it but cannot find it and don't recall which keyboard it is.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Looks like the stock HTC keyboard try googling that and I'm sure something from XDA or Rootz Wiki will come back.


    Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    trter10-imore's Avatar
    ThunderboltTool Developer

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    You can't, its sense.


    EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I think its not.

    Just tap IME switcher in the status bar while typing and it shows you the name.


    Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
  6. #6  
    klau25's Avatar

    Posts
    360 Posts
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    have you try SwiftKey? probably the best keyboard app out there.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    You can't, its sense.


    EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I think its not.

    Just tap IME switcher in the status bar while typing and it shows you the name.
    Don't understand what you mean?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Don't understand what you mean?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    That looks like the Sense keyboard, i.e. the proprietary HTC keyboard that they package with their phones. The keyboard will not work without certain system files in the HTC Sense software. Simply copying the apk file to your Nexus will not work - it is much more involved than that to get it to work.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    That looks like the Sense keyboard, i.e. the proprietary HTC keyboard that they package with their phones. The keyboard will not work without certain system files in the HTC Sense software. Simply copying the apk file to your Nexus will not work - it is much more involved than that to get it to work.

    No, I meant I don't understand the IME thing.... Well that stinks if it is the sense keyboard. I really like it. Wonder if there is one similar out there??

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    No, I meant I don't understand the IME thing.... Well that stinks if it is the sense keyboard. I really like it. Wonder if there is one similar out there??

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    There are many many many keyboards out there - I'm sure you'll find one you like.
  11. #11  
    jd914's Avatar

    Posts
    799 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,371 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Ewwww Sense o_0

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    The only thing I dislike about the stock nexus 4 keyboard is that I hit the period button way too often by mistake.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Want a different keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    The only thing I dislike about the stock nexus 4 keyboard is that I hit the period button way too often by mistake.
    Funny. I was always bumping the microphone button on the HTC keyboard.

Similar Threads

  1. Different Keyboards for different apps?
    By jnadelman in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
  2. Different Keyboards for different apps?
    By jnadelman in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 08:52 AM
  3. Looking for a different Keyboard
    By sjenkins1009 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 08:43 AM
  4. How can i get a different keyboard in landscape?
    By krisrock in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 03:17 AM
  5. different keyboards
    By bmderuosi in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions