Where is warranty online?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
warrenty card comes with your phone.

Still, it's a darned good question. A rational person might want to know what type of warranty a product comes with before spending $349; the moment you cut the black tapes sealing the box, you are subject to the restocking charge if you decide you don't like the warranty terms.

I hunted around Google's Nexus 4 pages as well as the Play Store and didn't find anything at all regarding a product warranty.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Still, it's a darned good question. A rational person might want to know what type of warranty a product comes with before spending $349; the moment you cut the black tapes sealing the box, you are subject to the restocking charge if you decide you don't like the warranty terms.

I hunted around Google's Nexus 4 pages as well as the Play Store and didn't find anything at all regarding a product warranty.

Exactly, Because of glass issues, I want to know upfront , who will take care of issues, LG , Google or Gorilla?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But responsible for what? Any and all broken glass?

The OP has a point; he/we should be able to read the warranty in its entirety before committing to having to pay a restocking fee.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Which says, in full:

Nexus 4 limited warranty

The Nexus 4 is manufactured by LG. LG provides a limited 12 month warranty for the Nexus 4. Please refer to the warranty card in the Nexus 4 packaging for additional details.

If your Nexus 4 was purchased from Google Play, please contact Google customer support for service on the LG limited 12 month warranty.
If your Nexus 4 wasn't purchased from Google Play or you're looking for out of warranty repair service, please contact LG directly.

So, off to LG's Nexus 4 page LG LGE960 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA which says:

Warranty Info

MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY SUMMARY

Period of Coverage

Warranty Policy : To obtain customer support for your mobile phone purchased from the Google Play Store, contact Google Nexus Support Nexus Help. For devices purchased from T-Mobile, contact LG Customer Service at 800-243-0000.

Detailed Warranty Policy information is available in the Owner's Manual.

Download both the Guidebook and the Quick Start Guide. Search both for "warranty" - results:

This Quick Start Guide and a Safety & Warranty booklet are also included.

So, I still do not see any warranty details...

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you will not be able to find it online then, the Nexus 4 Guidebook states the warranty booklet is included inside the box with the Device. Going to have to wait until you get delivery to view it.

6GV2D.png

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
But responsible for what? Any and all broken glass?

It's probably along the lines of most limited warranties, meaning they'll cover problems resulting from manufacturing defects or issues within their control. This would include things like bad speakers, weak radios, damaged batteries, screen problems, buttons falling off, or other manufacturing defects. It would not cover screen damage as a result of misuse or abuse (i.e., dropping it), but you might be able to get coverage if it broke due to extreme temperature variations (might).

John Flowers1

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How about a micro usb port which is not compatible with cables furnished with the tablet? Google Android M729

- - - Updated - - -

How about a micro usb port which is not compatible with cables furnished with the tablet? Google Android M729

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX