Adding Widgets to Homescreen?

pawnageinc

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My last android phone was running on 2.0, so it's been a while. I can't for the life of me figure out how to add widgets to my homescreen (I'm not a fan of the lockscreen widgets). I tried holding my finger on an open portion of the screen, but the only options I get are wallpapers. ?_?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My last android phone was running on 2.0, so it's been a while. I can't for the life of me figure out how to add widgets to my homescreen (I'm not a fan of the lockscreen widgets). I tried holding my finger on an open portion of the screen, but the only options I get are wallpapers. ?_?

Hit the All Apps button (bottom center of screen), tap the Apps or Widgets tab at the top, press and hold the item you want to add to the home screen, then drag it into position.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Alternatively, you can install a 3rd party Home Launcher such as, Nova or Apex, which will allow you to simply perform the gesture of old (holding down in open space) to bring up a prompt menu to add: apps, widgets, shortcuts, actions, or wallpaper.