Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love my nexus 4

I got my Nexus 4 today. I have been playing with it whole evening.

* Speaker is very loud, even if the phone is placed on flat surface. speaker is really good.

* look and feel is really good. I love the back, the sparkly is not like what you see on pictures.(like a 3D effect only visible at bright light)
    front is simple and look really good. love the design.

* N4 is build solid. you will feel it when you hold the phone.

* Its super Fast. No lag what so ever. I was a nexus S user. after using N4 i felt like Nexus S is crap. its a huge difference.
    installing apps is a breeze. lets say it took 45 seconds to install an app in Nexus S. it will only take 10 seconds on n4

* Screen is gorgeous.

* No hissing or buzzing sound in ear piece on my unit.

* battery is Ok. as reported it can easily go over 24 hours. I still haven't used it enough to evaluate the battery

* It gets warm but not hot. I guess it normal with 1.5 ghz quad core.

Thats it.
    Thanked by 2:
    jd914, qnet, 2defmouze and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Default Re: I love my nexus 4

Congrats! It's a great phone. I'm sure the only problem you'll have with it is not being able to put it down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Me too! If I could have sex with it, I would tell my wife to take a hike!

Champ! I fixed my phone but waiting out for the Nexus 4 still when it comes in stock again. Thank-You for this post.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1. It's only a sticky up top, but Google Nexus 4 First Impressions/Reviews

B. Lucky you. Every day is another disappointment with mine. Inaccurate screen, muffled microphone, and ever-worsening battery life due to buggy system which wakes the phone up in the night and drains the battery. In 6 hours it bled 35% of the battery and then using it for a 30 minute commute drained another 30%. 45 minutes of screen on; 30 minutes of GPS use; 2/3rds of the battery smoked. All the slickness doesn't matter if you can never take it off the charger. I envy the people who are getting more than 8 hours from a charge.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Thread cleaned. No need for arguments about moderation - if anyone has a concern, just report the post. Since this is the only user review currently on page one besides the sticky, I see no harm in leaving it be. If we had 7 user review threads, that would be a different story.

+1000 to your entire list OP. I couldn't be happier with my N4. It's an improvement in almost every way over my Galaxy Nexus. I'm probably most impressed with its sheer speed/power.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I'm really liking my N4 also. The look & feel of the phone is very nice. I haven't had a lot of problems with it at all.

Loving mine as well. The only issue mine had (Nod bothersome enough to get it replaced) is a slight light bleed towards the top right and I can only really see it when on a really dark screen like the camera app or on a game while it's first loading. Battery on mind isn't that great but I have a charger at home, work and in my car so all is well.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks mod for cleaning the thread.

here is something i noticed after i posted this thread.

* Battery charging is super fast. charged full in less than 2 hour. better than my nexus S which usually takes about 3 hours.
    Dont know why many complained about charging being slow. maybe i got lucky

* its super slippery. just be careful placing it on sloped surface.

* The charger made a hissing sound once. yes, you read it right the charger. i tried different outlet and now i am not hearing it.
    may be i am getting deaf. lol

* the front screen is smooth when you slide your fingers on it. I haven't used any phone which is smooth like this. that included the iPhone

* the curved glass on the edges gives a distinct look. its beautiful. I have seen this in some blackberry devices.
    Before i bought the phone I liked the back better than front. now after using it I like the front much better than back. very clean.

* front screen is less finger print magnet than the back. very little smudges after a day of use. have to see what happens after few days of use.

* playstore crashed once(I was not doing something normal). haven't seen any crashes in apps so far.

* Power/Volume up/Down buttons are sturdy. I have to push it hard. maybe i am used to my nexus S.
    Anyway I think that good because it could loosen up a bit after few months.

* going to use Google wallet for the first time.

I showed it to two of my friends. one guy instantly said the screen is sharp.
    other said the design look beautiful
    Last edited by still1; 12-04-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Good to hear. I can't wait for mine. I'm slugging it out with my Galaxy Nexus and counting the days till my Nexus 4 gets here.

Can you comment on the screen/display?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Lucky you. Every day is another disappointment with mine. Inaccurate screen, muffled microphone, and ever-worsening battery life due to buggy system which wakes the phone up in the night and drains the battery. In 6 hours it bled 35% of the battery and then using it for a 30 minute commute drained another 30%. 45 minutes of screen on; 30 minutes of GPS use; 2/3rds of the battery smoked. All the slickness doesn't matter if you can never take it off the charger. I envy the people who are getting more than 8 hours from a charge.
    Bummer man. I'd send it in. I've pulled off over 20 hours with more than average use. Granted I turn on airplane mode at night (from around 11:30pm-6:30am). But being able to go from 5pm-about 3pm without needing a charge is pretty good I'd say.

Plus I have NONE of your negative experiences with mine. Crystal clear calls, gorgeous screen, insane performance, decent battery.