Why doesn't my Work commute ever show up in Google Now?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Whoops! Spoke too soon. Just got in the car (was in the office before) and swiped up and only the Home card is there. I didn't swipe away the Work card. Hmmm.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Google Now hates me, I spend all day driving around California and only go to my Work location a couple times a week. It never quite catches up to where I'm actually going :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
One of the big selling points of Google Now was the ability for it to detect when there was heavy traffic on your commute so you could leave early. Very nice, except I have never seen a work commute card come up. I first noticed this with my Nexus 7, but it didn't matter because I didn't use it as a navigation device. I've got my Work address set in Maps and I've even used now to "navigate to work" but in NEVER adds a work card. However it ALWAYS seems to have a card for going home. I've Googled around and seen a lot of others with the same question, but no one who's ever claimed having it work. What gives?

Two things you need to check:

1. Location history needs too be on
2. Web history (I believe) needs to be on

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has tried the obvious, but...

In Google Now screen, scroll to the bottom and tap "Show sample cards".

Tap on Traffic, Settings

In the Locations section at the bottom of the screen, make sure both Home and Work addresses have been set. If not, tap and manually edit the addresses.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As always, the Traffic card is on and every single checkbox for when it appears is ticked and work and home locations are set and it NEVER has shown work once. While it's only been 6 days with the N4, I've been to work 4 times since then and the GPS is on and it never puts 1 and 1 together, much less 2 and 2. It knows where I am because a couple of nearby restaurants are showing.

I've had it pop up for my work and even when going home. Its also popped up bus times when near the stops but I've had it going for longer so I'd say give it time, I believe Google does say it gets better as it gathers information from day to day use.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not to get too off topic but I'm curious as to when the card pops up for packages being shipped. My N4 is on the way, should be here today hopefully. You would think that getting the shipping email from Google would trigger the card but nothing as of yet?

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried asking it when my N 4 would come, search pointed me to these forums :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ecpolo521

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I just received this new card today. Its a location history card based on walking and biking. It suppose to show up once a month. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-07-12-19-04[1].png
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-12-19-04[1].png
    80.4 KB · Views: 20

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your location settings in Google online (not in your phone)? It has to be enabled at the account level too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech