2nd day air - google incompetence

Amiroquai

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 AM - Order shipped and credit card was charged. Tracking information provided.

Since then- the UPS status has not changed and reads:
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."
I called Google the other day and they told me that the second day meaning that UPS picks up the package by the second business day. and once they have the package it may take them 3-5 days to deliver.

Almost 5 days since Google declared "shipped via 2nd day air", and UPS is not even in possession of the package...

Needless to say I was speaking to someone of limited knowledge (or basically an idiot). If UPS status doesn't change by the end of today or if I don't get my phone by Thursday. I'm not going to be a happy camper.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I mean I am not gonna complain- I have been using my old Atrix and it sucks...but its a phone and it works (kind of)...I am in the same boat. still no update on UPS, although Google re-charged my account this morning. so who knows...

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me. My order was in UPS limbo for two days till it actually got picked up by and shipped by UPS. Not a good way of doing business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I mean I am not gonna complain- I have been using my old Atrix and it sucks...but its a phone and it works (kind of)...I am in the same boat. still no update on UPS, although Google re-charged my account this morning. so who knows...

Same here. I got charged late yesterday again. Hopefully this means its about to ship.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
First off, calm down. Second, UPS does have your phone, they had everyone's in the US, the warehouse they ship from is a UPS warehouse in Kentucky. Third, 2nd day air, since you're too lazy to Google it, means that once the package leaves the original destination it will take 2 business days to arrive. You were charged on Friday and a shipping label created, that doesn't mean anything but that it will ship soon, its still being processed, handled, boxed, etc. Once all that is done (which they don't do on Saturday or Sunday because they aren't business days) meaning in all honesty you are on track to have it end of this week. Claiming Google incompetence is foolish when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
First off, calm down. Second, UPS does have your phone, they had everyone's in the US, the warehouse they ship from is a UPS warehouse in Kentucky. Third, 2nd day air, since you're too lazy to Google it, means that once the package leaves the original destination it will take 2 business days to arrive. You were charged on Friday and a shipping label created, that doesn't mean anything but that it will ship soon, its still being processed, handled, boxed, etc. Once all that is done (which they don't do on Saturday or Sunday because they aren't business days) meaning in all honesty you are on track to have it end of this week. Claiming Google incompetence is foolish when you have no clue what you are talking about.
Thank you. People are anxious to get their phones and upset that they're seeing perceived delays over which they have no control. Venting online is good, but it's also good to have a voice of reason to tamp down the flames of indignation.

Amiroquai

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I know what 2nd Day Air means. And it's definitely not what I was advised by Google's representative (UPS will pick up the package from us on the 2nd business day. and will then deliver to you within 3-5 business days).
To me that spells incompetence, as I doubt he was just trying to cover their own asses by saying something along those lines.

The subject line of the email I got from Google on the 30th, clearly states that my order "Was shipped"
Don't know about you, but to me that means that the package is no longer at the warehouse, or at least no longer in Google's possession.

The package has been in Google's possession (as per their rep) since telling me it was shipped. That along with the reasoning I got from their rep, spells incompetence to me.

I would not be annoyed about it had I not been sent a shipping confirmation until the actual day of shipping itself. Plus, mind you, I'm still paying for 2nd Day air (subsidized or not) and I would expect to receive it within that time frame.

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I said this in another thread but I am having a similar experience, but I had 2 separate orders and one arrived yesterday and I the other order is not in the UPS system. I hope that UPS has my phone and is for some reason is being held up instead of Google not sending it out.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I said this in another thread but I am having a similar experience, but I had 2 separate orders and one arrived yesterday and I the other order is not in the UPS system. I hope that UPS has my phone and is for some reason is being held up instead of Google not sending it out.

Were you able to track the first one you got?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ups 2nd day means the phone will arrive in two business days meaning if ups receives it Monday and it is scanned it at the destination facility then it would arrive by Wednesday if you are close enough it could come Tuesday.

Thought I'd throw this out to clear some confusion

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams