Nexus 4 available for order in UK today

Ky13g

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if you check JTWZen, he has a 16Gb on order and he missed his delivery today, so i don't know how they are selecting the order process. I ordered my 8Gb a couple hours after my friend bought his 16GB and i had mine "attempted" delivery and his is still pending. So no idea how Google are processing the delivery orderes

desbo

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16GB on the 4th 17:05. 1-2 weeks on invoice. However I too have heard of people with 5-6 weeks on their invoice with orders shipped or confirmed to be shipped this week!
Called Google (number on the invoice) they are none the wiser, but say they 'should' still be fulfilled within 1-2 weeks. Pah..

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Odd question....

My wife is buying my a nexus 4 for my xmas, can i use her debit card on my google play/wallet account??? the device will be sent to our home where the card is registered.
Yo go to your Wallet management, then Payment methods, ADD CARD OR ACCOUNT.
Done.

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well if you check JTWZen, he has a 16Gb on order and he missed his delivery today, so i don't know how they are selecting the order process. I ordered my 8Gb a couple hours after my friend bought his 16GB and i had mine "attempted" delivery and his is still pending. So no idea how Google are processing the delivery orderes
me neither i ordered a 16gb at 17:20 on the 4th dec still no details on shipping, ive dropped them an email just now, aslong as i have it for the 16th lol.

ivrimon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally managed to reorder mine this morning (had to cancel the first one from Tuesday as they wouldn't change the address on it). It's gone from 1-2 to 5-6 weeks shipping so I hope they were being overly pessimistic as I don't want to wait that long after they had initially told Mr the first one had 'shipped' already!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pbat23

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine at 21:00 of 5th December, received tracking number from TNT today at 20:00!! My Nexus will be arriving tomorrow or saturday :D

It's the 16gb version and it said 5 to 6 weeks shipping time! ahahah nice joke google!

pbat23

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
me neither i ordered a 16gb at 17:20 on the 4th dec still no details on shipping, ive dropped them an email just now, aslong as i have it for the 16th lol.

I ordered mine yesterday (5th Dec) at 21:00 and today I got an email with the tracking number from TNT! It has been shipped and It might arrive this Saturday! :D

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine 15 minutes ago and I still haven't received my shipping confirmation. Thank God I don't work for Google. Have a little bit of patience people. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just called them to hear what the problems are 'from the horse's mouth'.

A very polite american guy apologised and said they haven't received the devices themselves yet, so this hints its an LG problem. For me, if that's true though, they shouldn't be selling items that aren't ready to ship out - that's really naughty. The minute the devices they have are sold, they should bring the shutters down. Can you imagine if a PC World store worked this way? "yes Ma'am, we have your device, just pay for it over there. Thank you for your payment. Oops, sorry we don't have it in stock after all but you might get it sometime in the next couple of months... Is that ok for ya?"

Naughty Google... :thumbdown:

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just called them to hear what the problems are 'from the horse's mouth'.

A very polite american guy apologised and said they haven't received the devices themselves yet, so this hints its an LG problem. For me, if that's true though, they shouldn't be selling items that aren't ready to ship out - that's really naughty. The minute the devices they have are sold, they should bring the shutters down. Can you imagine if a PC World store worked this way? "yes Ma'am, we have your device, just pay for it over there. Thank you for your payment. Oops, sorry we don't have it in stock after all but you might get it sometime in the next couple of months... Is that ok for ya?"

Naughty Google... :thumbdown:

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

But didn't they say you would receive it in 1-2 weeks or more? I'm not sure what you need other than to get it in that time frame. If they don't deliver within the time frame promised then it's a different story. Placing orders as a company is waiting for stock is nothing out of the ordinary. I would rather have this than a sold out sign that I have to check 5 times a day.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Horaland H

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather be on the waiting list than waiting for the next rush buy the few phones they had in stock. Though I would like to know if my 2 weeks will be 2 weeks. I really don't trust Google with this.

Big releases are one thing Apple do well - announce that pre order is available 2 weeks before launch then ship as you get them in stock.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather be on the waiting list than waiting for the next rush buy the few phones they had in stock. Though I would like to know if my 2 weeks will be 2 weeks. I really don't trust Google with this.

Big releases are one thing Apple do well - announce that pre order is available 2 weeks before launch then ship as you get them in stock.

I agree, but Apple also has a ton more experience for this. If you look back on Apples history on delivery, they have had many delivery blunders as well. Even for the iP5. They know that the demand for iDevices will be huge now so they plan accordingly. Google didn;t have any idea what this phone was going to do. They were basing it off of a bumped up Galaxy Nexus which was obviously not the case. No one has a crystal ball. LG said that the demand for this phone was so far beyond what Google expected.

I am thinking (hoping) that we should be getting our phones in the time quoted to us. Maybe a shipping notice early next week :). Google definitely had a hiccup in the first mass order, but it now appears to be getting settled down into some sense of what they need to do. Anyone that didn't get their device in the quoted time was getting a refund on their shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy