gets warm during use

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I find that the longer I use my Nexus 4, it gets pretty warm towards the top where the camera is in the middle.has anyone else experienced this?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I find that the longer I use my Nexus 4, it gets pretty warm towards the top where the camera is in the middle.has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, it gets a bit warm but not a lot. My theory is, since glass conduct heat well it could be dissipating more heat than the one which uses plastic or polycarbonate.

maybe its a good thing. it wont burn down the processor. its just my theory.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
My iPhones haven't done it since version 3GS though.

I'm in agreement with you. I haven't found much to complain about with this phone, but the last time I watched part of a Netflix movie on this thing it felt like I could've fried an egg on the back. The bumper made it thoroughly usable, however, so no biggie. In contrast though I could watch a full movie on my iPhone 4S and the thing would barely heat up at all. Granted, I had to use a magnifying glass to see the screen lol, but, well... C'est la vie.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

yahoowizard

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have it, but I remember having it with my GS2 as well. It's nothing that bad, and happens if I play Angry Birds or something for a long period of time.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Heard about this problem from other guys, I don't have my own Nexus 4 but I think it's an issue that should've been fixed before shipment :/

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine got hot the first day of usage because it was uploading all the apps and google music
Since then the temp has been normal and not hot at all
Stop playing Spider Man!

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I want to revisit this issue with all the new N4 users now.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I still have it and it happens if I am interacting with the device for periods of time longer then about 2 minutes or so.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yes mine gets extremely hot, and once got so hot it switched off.

overheating kind of? That's a huge problem (I think). What were you doing at the time? Anything processor heavy or just surfing the browser because I don't think that should happen if you were.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Glass back. Conducts heat. Heavy usage while charging would be the easiest way to get it hot. Not really an issue. You have a quad core processor being protected by glass.

/thread

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This has been reported by almost all nexus 4 users. Mines warm by the camera during heavy use or when I use navigation. Seems normal for this phone. If its overheating and switching off then get a replacement.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
used the sat nav the other day for about 40mins constant ant it got rather hot but once i turned the sat nav off it cooled down pretty quickly though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty