Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ziptied
  • 1 Post By HTCTundaBow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Oh God no! -_-

I think my bank has canceled my N4 order. . . It is no longer "pending", and I haven't been charged. The purchase is just GONE! I emailed Google to see what's up. Sorry Google, but if I have to re-order this thing at the 6 week wait it's at now, I will not be buying this device.

Default Re: Oh God no! -_-

You should get a response from google in a couple minutes, give them your order number if you haven't already. Might help or speed up the process. Who knows, i haven't faced that problem yet.

whew... just checked mine and still says pending.

You won't be charged until it's shipped.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Mine is still there... But you wont see any charge until it will be shipped.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mrandradej View Post
    You won't be charged until it's shipped.
    I know this. Up until now, my bank account has has the $386.78 under "pending". I look today, and it's no longer "pending" and the money is back into my checking account. . .

Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    I know this. Up until now, my bank account has has the $386.78 under "pending". I look today, and it's no longer "pending" and the money is back into my checking account. . .
    I discovered the same thing today, but my order is still "Pending" in the play store
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow, just wow. I'm leaving before I hurt peoples feelings.
    Google it.
    Thanked by 2:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Wow, just wow. I'm leaving before I hurt peoples feelings.
    Thanks for your input. Your contribution to this thread is highly appreciated.
    FYourProblems likes this.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Charge was pending for a few days and then completely gone. Not to worried though as I'm pretty sure banks only hold charges for so long. Check google wallet and if it still says pending or shipping than your ok. By the way I'm on the 2-3 week waiting list from Ca. Were all getting ours don't worry.

Pending charges automatically cancel after a certain time. I wouldn't stress, your order should still be good.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks for your input. Your contribution to this thread is highly appreciated.
    Your lack of general intelligence about ordering things on the internet makes me sad.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan791 View Post
    Pending charges automatically cancel after a certain time. I wouldn't stress, your order should still be good.
    You are 100% right. A temporary authorization disappearing does not indicate that the order was cancelled.

The same thing happened with the Nexus 7 when it came out. The temporary authorization disappeared but the devices still shipped eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Your still fine. When I ordered my Nexus on 11/13 order day, the charge was pending on my BOA debit card from that Tues-Friday. Then it disappeared all weekend and even into the following Monday, even though I got my UPS confirm email that is was on it's way. I thought, hmm, maybe I'm getting a free phone! LOL, but no avail, first thing the following Tuesday morning, the charge was "officially" debited from my account. At least I got to sell my 2nd one to make up the original phone purchase hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Your lack of general intelligence about ordering things on the internet makes me sad.
    Unnecessary. Shame on you. Inexperience or lack if knowledge is in no way a lack of intelligence.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. Charge was pending for a few days and then completely gone. Not to worried though as I'm pretty sure banks only hold charges for so long. Check google wallet and if it still says pending or shipping than your ok. By the way I'm on the 2-3 week waiting list from Ca. Were all getting ours don't worry.
    When you place your order in the Play Store the funds are reserved as an authorization to ensure you have the money available for the purchase.Unless the charge is run through the funds are held in reserve for a pre-set number of days and then made available back into your account. Once Google ships the item they then run the charge through on your account and the money is taken out of your account as a withdrawl. The fact that the funds are back available in your account after the initial order authorization only indicates that the order has not yet shipped. This is pretty standard practice for any business that does credit card sales. I wouldn't worry about it unless your Google Wallet account shows the order as being cancelled.
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is your order still says "pending" in google wallet?
    They usually about to ship your device when the statement cleared in bank account. Happened to me twice, and they shipped out the phone next day

This happened to those of us that originally ordered, pending charges only last so long before they are removed your order isn't canceled its perfectly normal they will put the pending charge back on before it ships then it will go through

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Never got an email back from Google BUT, My bank is now showing it as "pending" again. It never changed in my Google Wallet account, though. All is well!