Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Does anyone REGRET leaving Verizon for the N4?

I'm sure living in pre-2010 was a very difficult time for you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sean76 View Post
    Ok man, this isn't really a tough decision! The short Answer, NO! Do not leave VZW for Tmobile, that's not a very had decision at all!

Living without LTE will be very hard, I tried it for a few days and just couldn't do it. That was me using an N4 with at&t's HSPA network , it's not like it was deathly slow, but my other 2 devices are a GS3, and iPhone 5...Both of which are super speedy using LTE.

However, if your completely sold on the N4, and aren't interested in the DNA, which honestly is a killer device, even with Sense on board. Then I'd really investigate trying out at&t, I can vouch by saying I'm a former VZW customer and have never looked back after leaving for at&t....But that's here in NYC, it really depends on how coverage is in your area.

Ahhhh , decisions, decisions....
    gone down south likes this.

A little late to this party, I'm sure I would regret it if I did.

Absolutely love my S3 with LTE and unlimited data. Yes, I had to pay a substantial amount more for it, but it's a great device.

Frankly, I think the "Nexus Experience" is over-rated. If you are an app developer, there's not doubt it's a must have -- but for most folks, I think you actually sacrifice hardware and software features to go Nexus.*

*In no way do I mean that be offensive to anyone who chooses and prefer Nexus devices...just my own opinion. (And yes, I have owned a few).
    Last edited by paintdrinkingpete; 12-06-2012 at 03:49 PM.

try tmo prepaid with your phone and tmo $30 online plan. 5gb 4g, unltd text, 100 min talk. you can always add more min. try that while still on verizon and see what works for you. works great for me with a galaxy s3 on tmo prepaid. tmo is much better than what it use to be

buying your phone outright and going prepaid is ALWAYS cheaper than contract. ask the thousands converting everyday

verizon is overpriced all the way around no matter what plan or phone. page plus is good for 3g but since affiliated with verizon and obsolete phones(lest you bring your own ) is still on the high side. even verizons prepaid is nothing more than 3g
    Thanked by:
    The Hustleman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Droid View Post
    ..... I've NEVER had a Verizon rep try to sneak in charges that I didn't specifically ask to have added to my account. I guess that's why they continue to dominate the customer service awards every year.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but if Verizon dominates the customer service awards every year, there needs to be an "Oversight Committee" investigation started immediately becuz SOMEONE is definitely on the take...

If u've never had one of their Reps try to strongarm, intimidate, look down upon or be less than interested in ur business, consider urself lucky. they have the absolute worst collective attitude of ANY "consumer product" i have E-V-E-RRRRRRRR encountered. (and i been "consuming" for 50+ years : ) As for T-Mo, i get the "ghetto" observation, but i think a better choice of words would have been "no frills"....

And the sales experience you had is definitely not the norm, they are very nice, helpful & informed, by & large, but i have terrible T-Mo service in my area and am enjoying the Note II on Straight Talk with At&t's towers for 50 bucks a month and never going back, but T-Mo was definitely the most pleasant customer service i have ever received, time after time...and at the time i had them their phones were sub par, but since SGSIII and Note II and now Nexus 4 have arrived on their network, i think if u r in a good coverage area, they are a great cell phone company to have these days....

BTC
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol

I'm in a decent coverage area (HSPA+ 42) and I don't regret slashing my bill in half or no longer having to deal with 3g/4g hand offs (though that may be device related). I've had a good experience with Verizon overall but T-mobile doesn't seem to be any different so far.
    nickacs likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You should do your research before making silly statements.
    What's up NOW smart guy?

T-Mobile to stop subsidizing handsets in 2013 | Android Central

Looks like my T-Mobile store must have just been a little ahead of the rest of their pack. They definitely weren't offering subsidization when I was in there last Wednesday (11/28) on any of their plans.

But I won't hold my breath waiting for you to pull your foot out of your mouth.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSY TEXAS CHICK View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but if Verizon dominates the customer service awards every year, there needs to be an "Oversight Committee" investigation started immediately becuz SOMEONE is definitely on the take...

If u've never had one of their Reps try to strongarm, intimidate, look down upon or be less than interested in ur business, consider urself lucky. they have the absolute worst collective attitude of ANY "consumer product" i have E-V-E-RRRRRRRR encountered. (and i been "consuming" for 50+ years : ) As for T-Mo, i get the "ghetto" observation, but i think a better choice of words would have been "no frills"....

And the sales experience you had is definitely not the norm, they are very nice, helpful & informed, by & large, but i have terrible T-Mo service in my area and am enjoying the Note II on Straight Talk with At&t's towers for 50 bucks a month and never going back, but T-Mo was definitely the most pleasant customer service i have ever received, time after time...and at the time i had them their phones were sub par, but since SGSIII and Note II and now Nexus 4 have arrived on their network, i think if u r in a good coverage area, they are a great cell phone company to have these days....

BTC
    I'm sorry, are you saying you think J.D. Power and Associates is "on the take" from Verizon for ?

lolololol

Yeah, good luck with that "Oversight Committee". I get that Verizon is probably too expensive for you (as I add babies to my family and my monthly costs go up, they're getting that way for me too) but don't be silly. They dominate these awards every year for good reason. They have have the best coverage, most reliable network, and best customer service of any carrier out there. That's why they can charge more than everyone and STILL have the highest number of post-paid subscribers. It's not rocket science.

It's really hard to regret leaving any service for the N4 in my opinion.. Saving $55 a month using Straight Talk and having unlimited everything? Brilliant. I'll take the slower speeds and just count my money while waiting for something to load.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

That's a great outlook. And I agree. I can live with the slower speeds, but I'm having trouble getting any signal at all in places where I'm very used to having full LTE/CDMA signal with Verizon. Dead zones all over the place with T-Mobile. Will probably try the AT&T ST plan to see if that is any better. If the coverage is solid, and I can still get over 3 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up, I'll be a happy camper. Although I do feel dirty teaming up with Walmart. Talk about "ghetto".
    guinnkevinr likes this.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Droid View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is. This is obvious. The difference (to me) is the $150+ markup from T-Mobile.
    And the one from Google Play can be used on AT&T w/o an ETF...
    Highland Droid likes this.

I just left vz yesterday and it feels like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    I regret it ONLY for vz's excellent speed (lte) and coverage. The beauty of ST and unlocked gsm is, if I don't like att, I can switch to tmo anytime I like.
    It's all about money for me. Even though the initial $360 hurt, I know I'll be saving major dollars in the long run. Plus no stinkin contract.
    guinnkevinr likes this.

T-mo was always spotty for me when I had them a couple years ago. ATT ST gives me all almost all bars anywhere I go. Even at my house which is a dead zone for sprint, t-mo and spotty with verizon.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Sounds like I'll be testing out AT&T ST when my N4s arrive.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Blows my Verizon signal outta the water

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does anyone REGRET leaving Verizon for the N4?-uploadfromtaptalk1354918476862.jpg  
    I'm a superuser

I am wanting to leave Verizon, but I am nervous about giving up unlimited data. I only have another year on my contract and I wonder what Verizon will do then.

I have five lines on Verizon, but I will be the only one leaving. At least for now. I really love this phone and all the freedom it offers but I used over 17gbs of data last month on my Rezound with Verizon...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123