1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does at&t have anything similar to T-Mobile's sim only plan?

I'm currently testing the T-Mobile network out on my n4, and so far it sucks at home and work... I had planned to go with T-Mobile's sim only plan, which would end up costing me around 80 a month with the discounts we get.

Obviously if the T-Mobile network doesn't work well for me my only other option would be at&t. I've thought about straight talk, but I've read in multiple places they watch your data usage very closely. At&t prepaid plans suck pretty hard too considering 65 bucks only gets you a gig of data. So ideally I would like the 4 gb shared data plan with unlimited talk and text, but why should I pay the same price if I'm not buying a subsidized phone.

Does anyone know of other options?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: Does at&t have anything similar to T-Mobile's sim only plan?

Quote Originally Posted by cltatenza View Post
    I'm currently testing the T-Mobile network out on my n4, and so far it sucks at home and work... I had planned to go with T-Mobile's sim only plan, which would end up costing me around 80 a month with the discounts we get.

Obviously if the T-Mobile network doesn't work well for me my only other option would be at&t. I've thought about straight talk, but I've read in multiple places they watch your data usage very closely. At&t prepaid plans suck pretty hard too considering 65 bucks only gets you a gig of data. So ideally I would like the 4 gb shared data plan with unlimited talk and text, but why should I pay the same price if I'm not buying a subsidized phone.

Does anyone know of other options?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not an expert but from what I hear you can get straight talk which runs on at&ts network for 45 unlimited everything and they throttle you but no one really knows what's the limit it may vary

ROM
    Stock / Stock

nope... they dont here is a thread on the subject.... (No Contract) BYOP at AT&T for Nexus 4

Nice little recap of current options here:

T-Mobile Monthly 4G: $30 for 100 mins, unlimited text, and 5 GB data
    Straight Talk SIM: $45 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and “unlimited” data
    Solavei: $49 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 4 GB data
    Simple Mobile: $50 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and “unlimited” data
    T-Mobile Monthly 4G: $60 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 2 GB data
    AT&T: $65 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 1 GB data
    Verizon: $80 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 1 GB data

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

at&t DOES offer a SIM only option but getting the sales person to offer it is very difficult.

As I understand things the at&t sales people are not able to make a comission off the SIM only option, thus they push a device along with a contract as that is what they get commissions on.

It is just a matter of insisting on a SIM only option and eventually you should be able to walk away with a SIM and a post-paid plan.

Dan

Pay attention to roaming capabilities also. T-Mobile plans include voice roaming but not data roaming. Straight Talk plans have NO roaming at all.