Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by c_86 View Post
    OK.... and?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry forgot to quote reply the guy asking how I knew my card had been charged. Yes it hasn't been posted but it's charged under pending transactions.

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Hi all!

Long time AndroidCentral reader, but new to the forums.

Wanted to add my status to help out - ordered at 3:03 EST on the 3rd with 1-2 weeks shipping time, and mine is still showing as pending in Google Play as well.

I'll be sure to let everyone know when it ships.

Hoping ours come soon - I've seen elsewhere that some in the UK who ordered when they went back on sale on the 4th have shipping notices alread! Let's hope their Canadian operations are almost as fast.

Ordered mine at 12:04:37 PM (UTC-8) as per my order confirmation which is still pending.

As a note I posted in another thread: I received a call from my bank last night concerning payments which were being held and it turns out they were holding a payment of 422.66$ from Google Play so that could be something to check with your banks to ensure they don't block those payments.

First post.

Order date: Dec 3, 2012 3:04:22 PM EST

Still Pending...

I'll admit that I wanted this phone more because it was hard to get. This will be my first Android phone coming from an iPhone 4. Hopefully no regrets.
    jlstee likes this.

Well i'm in the UK England. I ordered it at 7pm on the 4th December, got my shipping notice yesterday on the 5th and since i'm in London on a trip instead of home in Newcastle, they tried to deliver it TODAY. Mine said it would take 4-5 weeks, but i'm guessin only two days!
    Here is what TNT said.
    "06 Dec 2012 14:03:32 DURHAM Receiver not home. Follow up action underway."

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by cleveralias View Post
    This is a stupid question, but where did you go exactly to see "Pending"? I've checked everywhere on Google Wallet but there's nothing about a pending order.
    Ya mine doesn't say that either. Just that it has been received by Google.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Ya mine doesn't say that either. Just that it has been received by Google.

From the Play website, click "My Orders and Settings" at the bottom. I see my Nexus 4 order listed there with a status of 'pending' with a link to the Wallet receipt.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Rike255 View Post
    Sorry forgot to quote reply the guy asking how I knew my card had been charged. Yes it hasn't been posted but it's charged under pending transactions.
    Ya they process the amount and hold it to guarantee they get paid but you won't see it on a final bill until it's shipped.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by JJDigitized View Post
    From the Play website, click "My Orders and Settings" at the bottom. I see my Nexus 4 order listed there with a status of 'pending' with a link to the Wallet receipt.
    Got it now. I was linking from my email to Google Wallet and it wasn't listed. See it in the link off the Play store. Thanks.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Got it now. I was linking from my email to Google Wallet and it wasn't listed. See it in the link off the Play store. Thanks.

No problem, I wondered the same thing earlier!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by c_86 View Post
    Well no. Its like gas stations. When you swipe your card they lte authorize and check to see if you have money. So what they might do is check you account for 420 and then its stay spending. Hotels do the same thing. They take the amount off your card and it remains pending till check out. Am I making sense.... cuz my credit card has $420~ missing as well but not posted. Trick is to see your available balance.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2
    Just check, my credit card is missing about 440$ in credit.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Ye, same here... My CC is missing the amount i purchased the N4 but it doesnt actually show as a purchase.

My order for the 16 Gig went through on Dec 03, 3:08:56
    The play store lists it as pending.
    The bottom line was $ 422.66
    Nothing shows as charged on my Credit Card but my credit limit has been reduced by $ 424.00

Quote Originally Posted by jmatyi View Post
    My order for the 16 Gig went through on Dec 03, 3:08:56
    The play store lists it as pending.
    The bottom line was $ 422.66
    Nothing shows as charged on my Credit Card but my credit limit has been reduced by $ 440.00
    Why so much? Mine only came to $393.94

mine was $422.66 as well

Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play.
    CA$359.00
    Shipping (Ground):
    CA$16.99
    Tax:
    CA$46.67
    Total:
    CA$422.66

Tax will vary from province to province.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJDigitized View Post
    Tax will vary from province to province.
    Haha can't believe I forgot that...
    badbrad17 likes this.

Haha can't believe I forgot that...
    Don't worry - I was stumped the other day when I saw someone with a different total than me. Don't know why, but it finally hit after a while.

So after a series of back-to-back email to Google Support, this is what I got from them:

"Hey again, thanks for replying. Since this amazing device is on high demand there is a small back order on them. The best estimate I can give is it should be there in 5-6 weeks."

So I went from 1-2 weeks ETA to 5-6 weeks. Great.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

So after a series of back-to-back email to Google Support, this is what I got from them:

"Hey again, thanks for replying. Since this amazing device is on high demand there is a small back order on them. The best estimate I can give is it should be there in 5-6 weeks."

I wouldn't quote that. They don't know what's going on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Why so much? Mine only came to $393.94
    What province do you live in? I am moving there. lol
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

I agree with Tanson1011. Plus not to be rude or anything, its only been 3 days since we ordered it, we all (especially me) need to practice patience. That is why I have not contacted Google about this yet because so far its on schedule.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tanson1011 View Post
    I wouldn't quote that. They don't know what's going on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Thanks. I thought they'd be on top of this launch, so I went with the Support Team's words.

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnaby View Post
    I agree with Tanson1011. Plus not to be rude or anything, its only been 3 days since we ordered it, we all (especially me) need to practice patience. That is why I have not contacted Google about this yet because so far its on schedule.
    Oh I agree with you completely. The reason I emailed them is because I am actually gifting this phone to someone before they leave the country. So I needed a rough estimation to see if I'd have to spoil the surprise or not. Some of my buddies in the US were told their order was back-ordered though so hopefully we get a better experience. On a side note, you weren't rude at all! Thanks for the reply.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Oh I agree with you completely. The reason I emailed them is because I am actually gifting this phone to someone before they leave the country. So I needed a rough estimation to see if I'd have to spoil the surprise or not. Some of my buddies in the US were told their order was back-ordered though so hopefully we get a better experience. On a side note, you weren't rude at all! Thanks for the reply.
    I see. You are in a totally different boat then the most of us.
    I hope it does get to you with in 1-2 weeks as stated.
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast