Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Been tracking this thread since it opened - first post here.

Ordered on 3 December 2012 12:04:24 UTC-8
Wallet still says 'Pending'
Play Store went to 'PreOrdered' as of yesterday.
CC has not been charged but there IS a discrepancy for the cost of the phone (even though my unbilled deferred amount is $0 -- they usually put holds under this category, no?)

I live in Vancouver as well and clearly ordered before the other two Vancouverites (go west coast!), I'm in the same boat as VTech and ImmenseBrick.

I mean WTH?! Lol. There seems to be NO logical order to this. I wish they sent the phones in regard to need - I hear many of you still have top of the line functioning phones (someone mentioned that this is their 3rd phone...? lol). I've been using a 3GS for 4 years now and it's in absolute shambles. Half the touchscreen doesn't work - none of the hardware buttons work and I have absolutely no reception unless I'm standing outside in a park. Ya. That bad. I'm DESPERATE for this to come in.... ya ya, first world problems... I don't care. I have a lifestyle that includes a functioning smartphone, if that makes me entitled, so be it? I don't know. I'm just sick of using workarounds to send a text, make a call, or check something on the internet (my n4 shipping status maybe? :p ) I need this phone here now. And Google (and it now seems UPS) are bastards for playing with our hearts like this. ImmenseBrick said it best - such an emotional rollercoaster ending in pure devastation every. single. time.

Google and UPS need to battle it to the death because of this terrible process. With the winner earning a bullet to the head. .... after we all get our phones that is.

Anyways. Here's hoping more of us get some shipping notifications throughout the day...meaning we receive Monday, I guess?

And it's been said, but thank you to all of you on this forum. you've kept me sane.

I absolutely loved your rant dude. DAMNIT, I just got another email in from freaking bestbuy. I need to set a filter so only google shows up on my phone alerts :(

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely loved your rant dude. DAMNIT, I just got another email in from freaking bestbuy. I need to set a filter so only google shows up on my phone alerts :(

Listen I get an email every like 10 minutes because of my work and other stuff I work on online. Believe me I get crazy here :)

kayimi

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Listen I get an email every like 10 minutes because of my work and other stuff I work on online. Believe me I get crazy here :)

I totally know what you mean. I just got my chrome to send me a desktop notification for emails at work, but luckily I see the header and a bit of the content. I luckily don't have to freak out when I see the notification. :p But, arg! I hope it comes todayyyy.

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting really anxious. I see the transaction on my credit card but that's it. Still on pre-order in Play Store but Pending on Google Wallet. Seems like only a few people received their shipping confirmation. Anyone received it from Qu?bec province?

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums

ckl_88

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Shipping Notice Received :D!

Shipping Time Frame: 1 - 2 Weeks
Pending(Dec 3 - 12) to Pre-order (Morning of Dec 12)
Google Play Status: Shipped - Evening of Dec 12 PST
Google Wallet: Shipped - Evening of Dec 12 PST
Credit Card: Charged - ~8:40pm Dec 12 (PST) - TRANSACTION NOT YET POSTED

West Coast Love.

http://s7.postimage.org/fjf84j8ij/Untitled.png

And so it begins... Again!

Umm... I'm in the Vancouver area and ordered a full 3 minutes before you did (Order Date: December 3, 2012 12:03:35 PM UTC-8 )... and you got yours shipped first? Congrats.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Took me 3 hours to fall asleep haha. Although it's partly because of the nasty cold I have and couldn't stop coughing, I still blame the Nexus 4-related stress for some part of it.

My wife says to me this morning. Wow you had a restless sleep. Twitching and talking in your sleep. Snoring (and I rarely do that). I even remember having a dream where a bear was swimming in my pool. The funny part is I don;t have a pool. LOL. If my sleep was like this after getting my shipping notice I can imagine how horrible it was for you guys. Rooting for all of you today!

flxstr

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife says to me this morning. Wow you had a restless sleep. Twitching and talking in your sleep. Snoring (and I rarely do that). I even remember having a dream where a bear was swimming in my pool. The funny part is I don;t have a pool. LOL. If my sleep was like this after getting my shipping notice I can imagine how horrible it was for you guys. Rooting for all of you today!

HAHAHAHAHA. Wow, that's excitement!

BoostC

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on December 3, 12:03:33.
On 'My Orders' it now says pre-ordered and the date has changed to December 12 but on my Google Wallet it still says pending.
My CC was charged but it hasn't showed up yet (There's a 1-2 day delay usually) But I can tell because my available credit has gone down by about 393,94.
I'm in Alberta and I reeeeally can't wait to get that shipping notice! Every email is making me jump.

*edit to fix the amount charged.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is exact or not but after clicking and refreshing my UPS link at least every 30 min without any success, I noticed that it says United States at the top. Not sure if this is an indication that it is shipping from the US or not, but probably is considering everything else has.

UPS.jpg

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Umm... I'm in the Vancouver area and ordered a full 3 minutes before you did (Order Date: December 3, 2012 12:03:35 PM UTC-8 )... and you got yours shipped first? Congrats.

Welcome to the club... VTech, ImmenseBrick and myself have been asking that... what's up west coast? we never get things first. i want a freakin' shipping confirmation email already!

Here's a random question - was touched upon but barely - did anyone order the $20 bumper? I was tempted but I figured more would start popping up at little cell phone shops (if you're from Vancouver, I'm thinking Richmond or Crystal Mall in Burnaby... you know what I'm talking about).

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from a new BC government job that I recently landed - this is a HUGE step in my career.... however, upon opening it, I was disappointed that it wasn't a N4 shipping confirmation.... Is that normal? Am I letting this consume my life? Lol.

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from a new BC government job that I recently landed - this is a HUGE step in my career.... however, upon opening it, I was disappointed that it wasn't a N4 shipping confirmation.... Is that normal? Am I letting this consume my life? Lol.

Welcome to the "Until I have my Nexus 4, life is basically on hold" club!

EDIT: Also, congrats!

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the "Until I have my Nexus 4, life is basically on hold" club!

EDIT: Also, congrats!

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one!

And thanks JJ! :)

Hey guys. It seems that three UK has nexus 4 in stock just like they promised. Why on Earth do we Canadians have to suffer?

Yes, I read that about the UK stock earlier this morning... they also get it in white! I normally prefer white phones, but at this point, I could care less.

azmahkiani

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one!

And thanks JJ! :)

Yes, I read that about the UK stock earlier this morning... they also get it in white! I normally prefer white phones, but at this point, I could care less.

Hmmm. I don't know how the glittery back would look with a white nexus...and ya I agree, I could care less