Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the US and my order changed to preorder on the 6th and I haven't seen any activity since. So don't assume it means anything. Nobody knows what it means as far as I can tell, even Google has given me no clear answer.

What was the shipping estimate that google gave you?

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was 6-7 weeks for an 8GB ordered on Nov 27th. Suddenly on the 6th it changed to preorder. No reason or explanation why on that date it changed has been given to me.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was 6-7 weeks for an 8GB ordered on Nov 27th. Suddenly on the 6th it changed to preorder. No reason or explanation why on that date it changed has been given to me.

Well, you got 6-7 weeks, we got 1-2 weeks which will be over on Monday. It's kinda different i think.

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, you got 6-7 weeks, we got 1-2 weeks which will be over on Monday. It's kinda different i think.

Exactly my point though. I still have a month to go by google's estimate and was switched to pre-order, this proving that the designation itself means very little.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my point though. I still have a month to go by google's estimate and was switched to pre-order, this proving that the designation itself means very little.

You have a point but look at the other side of this, since yesterday when the status for Canadians was change people started getting shipping notice emails.

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
To those who ordered early as eff yet still don't have a shipping confirmation:

Get your shipping refund request ready! I highly doubt our devices can be delivered by 19th December.

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

It seems to be a glitch.
I called Google today. And the guy says on their end the system says that the order is still "pending".

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
To those who ordered early as eff yet still don't have a shipping confirmation:

Get your shipping refund request ready! I highly doubt our devices can be delivered by 19th December.

They email that Google sent to the people with shipping time of 1-2 weeks and asked for shipping ETA said that the item will be shipped by December 19th. Not arrive by December 19th.

So i guess you cant ask for shipping refund before that time.

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I do not understand why people who ordered after other people are getting shipping notices first. Google has really gone and balls'ed this up. Not impressed at all with how they handled it.

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
They email that Google sent to the people with shipping time of 1-2 weeks and asked for shipping ETA said that the item will be shipped by December 19th. Not arrive by December 19th.

So i guess you cant ask for shipping refund before that time.

I asked the CSA, he says I can.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I do not understand why people who ordered after other people are getting shipping notices first. Google has really gone and balls'ed this up. Not impressed at all with how they handled it.

Who ever gets the most posts on AC gets picked first. I forgot to tell you that little secret. Google wants the biggest mouths to get theirs first so they will tell everyone else about it and create pandemonium.

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Who ever gets the most posts on AC gets picked first. I forgot to tell you that little secret. Google wants the biggest mouths to get theirs first so they will tell everyone else about it and create pandemonium.

I should be up there, I have been whining like a baby for days now :p

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I know but tomorrow is Friday and then the weekend, it means that there is a very small chance that it will actually arrive between the 1-2 weeks shipping they said.
I bet $5 that monday will come and go, and then wednesday will. We will call and they will say "1-2 business weeks until your product ships" ....I can smell this type of terrible service coming our way V-tech.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I bet $5 that monday will come and go, and then wednesday will. We will call and they will say "1-2 business weeks until your product ships" ....I can smell this type of terrible service coming our way V-tech.

With all the sadness in this i have a feeling that you are correct. What sucks even more is that on the 20th i need to travel for a week which wont matter anyway because on the 21st we are all going to die anyway :(

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Wish all the sadness in this i have a feeling that you are correct. What sucks even more is that on the 20th i need to travel for a week which wont matter anyway because on the 21st we are all going to die anyway :(

I am flying to Toronto in the middle of Jan for business. If I do not have my phone by then I will go firebomb google HQ....I kid, I will break in and try grab my nexus 4, then leave my receipt showing I paid for it :D