Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Its nothing really, just different time zones. What matter is the number that follow XX:???

im a 3:08'er... with almost 2 weeks down... seems i have another 2 weeks to go... supposedly... this wait is horrendous...
and whats strange is in the US it seems people who are ordering now are getting their phones shipped in 2 days even tho its estimated at 6-7 weeks... so ppl are cancelling their old orders and trying again OR just trying again... and if they get the shipped phone, then cancel the old orders... dont think thats gonna help the backload...

azmahkiani

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Slimports Google Nexus 4 Case w/Screen Protector - 2 Styles (Black & Clear): Amazon.ca: Electronics

thoughts?

It seems that this exact same generic case is being sold by a bunch of different amazon/ebay stores. reviews aren't horrible.
thats the best deal ive seen yet.

Personally I find these cases ugly and fat. Also they tend to get a lot of scratches on the glossy surface (the curve on the back). You don't want to cover the beautiful
nexus 4 with that piece of plastic. You should check out diztronic cases. At least they have some integrity when it come to style. A bit expensive but hey what would you rather
have on your nexus, a case that makes your phone look like an iphone3g or a case that outlines the unique nexus 4 design

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I find these cases ugly and fat. Also they tend to get a lot of scratches on the glossy surface (the curve on the back). You don't want to cover the beautiful
nexus 4 with that piece of plastic. You should check out diztronic cases. At least they have some integrity when it come to style. A bit expensive but hey what would you rather
have on your nexus, a case that makes your phone look like an iphone3g or a case that outlines the unique nexus 4 design

Yeah, I wasn't sold on the look or design to be honest - that's why I thought I'd canvass the forum first.
There's not too many cases out there just yet - and a lot that ARE out there, are carbon copies of each other with different brand-names but same cheap quality.

I figured for $6 and free shipping to Canada - it wouldn't hurt to be a back up case or an initial case until some more start coming out.

first time hearing of these diztronic cases. $15 + tax (including shipping to anywhere in canada) isn't bad. at all actually.
just don't know if i'm totally sold on it yet. it seems like an average case. usually, at least in my mind, average cases go from $5-$10 while the REALLY good cases, the ones that stand out are usually $15-$20....

the important thing is this is gonna be a VERY fragile phone, so a case is a must...

freek4iphone

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
for some reason google checkout is not working for last 2 hours. That is the only hope for me to check activity on my account in the absence of email and play store at work.

Seabass7857

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke with CC company and they have confirmed that a charge of CA$422.66 from Google pending since the 12th so at least that's a bit of a reassurance since I had called them on the 12th and they didnt have any pending charges at the time.

kayimi

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine still hasn't gone through my credit card yet, but there is an authorization apparently. I have a feeling today or tomorrow/monday may be the day. I'm hoping because it's a 2-3 day processing. I'm thinking because mine is already at pre-ordering.. it should be out soon. One can only hope.

In case anyone is wondering, here's a thread for questions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-accessories/228484-what-best-case-n4-4.html
And a helpful site with a list going on for accessories and cases: The Best LG Google Nexus 4 Cases and Accessories

culture

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had an authorization on my cc from Dec 3 until Tuesday or so when I noticed the authorization was no longer visible and the balance that was placed on hold was added back to my credit limit. Any others notice that?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had an authorization on my cc from Dec 3 until Tuesday or so when I noticed the authorization was no longer visible and the balance that was placed on hold was added back to my credit limit. Any others notice that?

Yes, they did that to everyone. They did it to make sure your credit has the needed funds to buy the phone. It is strange because online it said it would do $1. Everyone here had the pre-auth of the full amount. Mine dropped off last friday, but then on the 12th it was back. We are hoping this second charge is the real deal!

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Yep. If you read the posts early on in this thread you will notice its something Google does to check if you have enough funds.

jlstee

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I wasn't sold on the look or design to be honest - that's why I thought I'd canvass the forum first.
There's not too many cases out there just yet - and a lot that ARE out there, are carbon copies of each other with different brand-names but same cheap quality.

I figured for $6 and free shipping to Canada - it wouldn't hurt to be a back up case or an initial case until some more start coming out.

first time hearing of these diztronic cases. $15 + tax (including shipping to anywhere in canada) isn't bad. at all actually.
just don't know if i'm totally sold on it yet. it seems like an average case. usually, at least in my mind, average cases go from $5-$10 while the REALLY good cases, the ones that stand out are usually $15-$20....

the important thing is this is gonna be a VERY fragile phone, so a case is a must...

The Diztronic cases are nice cases. Had one for my Galaxy Nexus. However, the only issue I have is finding a case that doesn't cover up the back of the phone....if only those bumpers would become available again.....

alberthynek

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my shipping notice at 9:32AM PST!
Also, according to the tracking number, my nexus was shipped at the exact same time as those who posted here yesterday. So, it would appear no matter when you get your shipping notices, if you got charged in the last couple of days, your nexus will have shipped! YAY! :D

gzLzU.png

Isaiah Copon

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Omg, one minute ago I just got a shipping email, I'll post it in a sec! I live in the Brampton area so that's right around Toronto! Ordered at 3:03 EST, I'll post the email in a sec, looks like GTA might get theirs soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish