Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnaby View Post
    Do the customs process deliveries during weekend?
    I believe they do. If packages move during the weekend then customs have to work. They cant afford to close for 2 days otherwise on Monday they will have TONS of work.

Think about it, courier companies keep working, airlines keep working and bring cargo.

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Not necessary, I'm in this industry. Holidays like Christmas, couriers have a over load problem. Shipments can be delayed due to many factors, air cargo space can be rerouted by land transport, then weather, etc..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Yes, customs work on weekends..

has anyone ever received their package early from ups?

my package when from KY to IL and is now FLYING to Richmond (airport city near Vancouver). Chances are, if you're all right, then by Monday morning, it would have already arrived in BC and checked through customs. I don't know where the sorting facility is (the logical place would be Richmond though, no?) but I live in downtown Van, and I was given a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 20th 2012. Richmond is a 25-30min drive. I doubt my package will take 4 days to get to Vancouver from Richmond/the sorting facility!

Lower Mainland'ers... chime in here please.

Below are my tracking details so you can see my logic..

Location Date Local Time Activity
    RICHMOND, BC CA Dec 14, 2012 10:46 AM IN TRANSIT TO
    HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 10:45 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 7:23 AM LOCATION SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 5:21 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 4:31 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 3:36 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 11:38 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 9:58 PM ORIGIN SCAN
    US Dec 13, 2012 2:36:46 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Quote Originally Posted by vancitypharaoh View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. My package shows it left Maumee, OH (about 2 hours from me) this morning at 1:07am. Assuming it gets to Detroit today and clears customs overnight, I could see it being out for delivery here Monday.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

How do you know the package is flying? I thought it was suppose to be ground shipping.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJDigitized View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. My package shows it left Maumee, OH (about 2 hours from me) this morning at 1:07am. Assuming it gets to Detroit today and clears customs overnight, I could see it being out for delivery here Monday.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though.
    I'm hoping the same thing. Maumee to Detroit is a very short distance and from there to me (Toronto) is 4 hours. The package left very early so i do believe it's there already and being handled to cross the border and clear customs. No reason for it not to arrive on Monday unless it will sit in customs until Monday and only then move.
    JJDigitized likes this.
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

my package when from KY to IL and is now FLYING to Richmond (airport city near Vancouver). Chances are, if you're all right, then by Monday morning, it would have already arrived in BC and checked through customs. I don't know where the sorting facility is (the logical place would be Richmond though, no?) but I live in downtown Van, and I was given a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 20th 2012. Richmond is a 25-30min drive. I doubt my package will take 4 days to get to Vancouver from Richmond/the sorting facility!

RICHMOND, BC CADec 14, 201210:46 AMIN TRANSIT TO
    HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 201210:45 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20127:23 AMLOCATION SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20125:21 AMARRIVAL SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20124:31 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20123:36 AMARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 201211:38 PMDEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 20129:58 PMORIGIN SCAN
    USDec 13, 20122:36:46 PMBILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    You would be surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if the hold it in a counter till the 20th. I'm in the same boat as you. Dec 20 is the date for me with the same track. Customs will take a day or two.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    How do you know the package is flying? I thought it was suppose to be ground shipping.
    where does it say that?

and i was going by this website:

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

where does it say that?

and i was going by this website:
    It doesnt, that's why i wrote "I thought....".
    Just thought that Standard Shipping with UPS means ground shipping in North America. Of course i may be wrong.

Does it actually say anywhere that it's flying?

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I seriously doubt we'll receive our 4s before the scheduled delivery day. I've ordered from the states many times, almost always end up using UPS and they have always delivered on the date stated in tracking info. Shipments from California have reached the border in two days and then take 3 more days to get to Ottawa. Quite ridiculous if you think about it.

Customs will definitely take their sweet *** time. :|

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzo1976 View Post
    Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I seriously doubt we'll receive our 4s before the scheduled delivery day. I've ordered from the states many times, almost always end up using UPS and they have always delivered on the date stated in tracking info. Shipments from California have reached the border in two days and then take 3 more days to get to Ottawa. Quite ridiculous if you think about it.

Normally you would be right about the customs thing because when you order something from another country it has to clear customs but in this case it's something that you ordered in and from Canada and already paid tax for it so it should be a fast process.
    vancitypharaoh likes this.

Normally you would be right about the customs thing because when you order something from another country it has to clear customs but in this case it's something that you ordered in and from Canada and already paid tax for it so it should be a fast process.
    That could be the case but I think it's basically in line so even though we've paid Canadian taxes on it, they still have to get to the packages. Maybe there is a separate line/process for duty paid deliveries but I have my doubts that UPS would separate them like that, from the rest of their shipments.

With that being said, I hope your theories are right!

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

That could be the case but I think it's basically in line so even though we've paid Canadian taxes on it, they still have to get to the packages. Maybe there is a separate line/process for duty paid deliveries but I have my doubts that UPS would separate them like that, from the rest of their shipments.

With that being said, I hope your theories are right!
    I don't know I'm trying tonthink logically.

If I were customs I would for sure make different line for packages that don't need the actual customs handling, saves time.
    And as UPS, knowing that customs has a line like that I would put those packages in a different place for easy access.

This is what I would do hope it works like this.

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

Agreed. My Nexus 10 for to the border early but it still showed up on the listed delivery date a few days later

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Anyone else having trouble with the UPS tracking system? I have the N4 and the screen protector both coming with UPS and on both I get an error when trying to track them.

Update -
    never mind, I guess they had a small problem. All works now.
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

RICHMOND, BC CADec 14, 201210:46 AMIN TRANSIT TO
    HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 201210:45 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20125:21 AMARRIVAL SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20124:31 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20123:36 AMARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 201211:38 PMDEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 20129:58 PMORIGIN SCAN
    USDec 13, 20122:36:46 PMBILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    Mine is in the same route but my tracking doesn't show that it has left Hodgkins. I'm in Abbotsford.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by culture View Post
    good news, my date was updated to the 15th from the 3rd and there's now a charge on my cc as well. hopefully ill get a shipping notice shortly.
    me too my cc got charged and the status changed to the 15th but still pre-ordered

Like many of the people here who were left in the dust, my credit card was also charged! Woohooooooo...still no shipping notice though. I'd be surprised if I receive it before I have to leave the province though. Prove me wrong, Google!!!
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

Quote Originally Posted by wwoo View Post
    Like many of the people here who were left in the dust, my credit card was also charged! Woohooooooo...still no shipping notice though. I'd be surprised if I receive it before I have to leave the province though. Prove me wrong, Google!!!
    Check Google wallet. Your tracking might be there.

Quote Originally Posted by c_86 View Post
    Check Google wallet. Your tracking might be there.

Nothing! Maybe tomorrow (today).

RICHMOND, BC CA Dec 14, 2012 10:46 AM IN TRANSIT TO
    HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 10:45 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 5:21 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 4:31 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
    HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 3:36 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 11:38 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 9:58 PM ORIGIN SCAN
    US Dec 13, 2012 2:36:46 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    From my experience with two Nexus 7s being ordered, all that information shows you is the destination facility. It's more than likely in a truck, travelling across the US. Assuming this will follow the same UPS routes as my Nexus 7 orders, in a few days you'll see the truck arrive at Spokane or Redmond, then be sent to Richmond. It'll clear customs in a few hours then be sent out to the local distribution facility, probably on Annacis Island, then it gets delivered the following day. If it were really by air, this is what it would look like:

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

It doesnt, that's why i wrote "I thought....".
    Just thought that Standard Shipping with UPS means ground shipping in North America. Of course i may be wrong.

Does it actually say anywhere that it's flying?
    You're actually correct V-Tech, and it does say "Ground Shipping", at least on mine. Perhaps it's different for people farther from their warehouse, though I doubt it.

From the Google Wallet pricing summary :

Item Price
    Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. CA$359.00
    Shipping (Ground): CA$16.99
    Tax: CA$46.67
    Total: CA$422.66
    Last edited by Salinger; 12-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.

It doesn't take over a day to drive from Maumee to Detroit... unless someone jacked the UPS truck our N4's are on LOL.

My N4 departed from East Syracuse, NY, United States 12/15/2012 1:16 A.M. .....What are the customs doing!....gosh this is frustating
Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast