Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I know its curious that Google... They already took the 429$ out of my account, so I'm just hopping that I'll get the email and it'll have already been on the move shipping wise.
I am really confused now. Some 3-4 weekers getting shipping notices but spuff and others havent? What on earth is going on at google...

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I did see just a few people with 3-4 weeks who got the shipped email... im unfortunately not one of them :(

wow... my order was 3:08:47 and im in the 3-4 weeks... apparently every second counts :p

V-tech, sorry I just woke up a few mins ago, I just read this comment. Cannot confirm that this is the case, I was reading too fast. Still, I wonder where drunkfux read it?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I know its curious that Google... They already took the 429$ out of my account, so I'm just hopping that I'll get the email and it'll have already been on the move shipping wise.

Is this the second time they have removed funds from your available credit? - If so I think you are golden and most likely have your phone en route :)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
V-tech, sorry I just woke up a few mins ago, I just read this comment. Cannot confirm that this is the case, I was reading too fast. Still, I wonder where drunkfux read it?

Interesting, i wonder how accurate the info is. If it's true then it's very upsetting, just keep showing how Google is messing up this whole process...
But i wonder if in any case the 3-4 weeks will get their shipping before, maybe because more stock will arrive and they will start shipping it earlier. Hope for the people :)

Spuffy - I really hope your device is en route and on Monday you will receive a shipping notice and actually see that your device will get to your home somewhere between Tuesday and Thursday.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I asked the teller at my bank if they payment was a pre auth or a charge and they said it was charged, so I am going to assume that it must be en route and that the confirm email is just lagging behind :)
Is this the second time they have removed funds from your available credit? - If so I think you are golden and most likely have your phone en route :)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
They do in the good old US of A.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I believe they do it in Canada as well. I wrote here before -
"I ordered a screen protector yesterday and it ships with UPS as well, according to the tracking the departure scan of this item was tonight - 15th of December and it's coming from BC. The ETA is monday. The distance to Toronto from Richmond, BC is over 4000km so it means that they keep moving packages."

As long as it's in transit the package keeps moving until it arrives to the closest sorting facility to your location and then it will wait until the weekend is over.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I did see just a few people with 3-4 weeks who got the shipped email... im unfortunately not one of them :(

wow... my order was 3:08:47 and im in the 3-4 weeks... apparently every second counts :p
The 1-2 weeks orders sold out right around the 5min mark.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe they do it in Canada as well. I wrote here before -
"I ordered a screen protector yesterday and it ships with UPS as well, according to the tracking the departure scan of this item was tonight - 15th of December and it's coming from BC. The ETA is monday. The distance to Toronto from Richmond, BC is over 4000km so it means that they keep moving packages."

As long as it's in transit the package keeps moving until it arrives to the closest sorting facility to your location and then it will wait until the weekend is over.
Sorry, that is probably true. But I know the US mail still moves on weekends too.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I asked the teller at my bank if they payment was a pre auth or a charge and they said it was charged, so I am going to assume that it must be en route and that the confirm email is just lagging behind :)
There was a post on XDA that said that Googles system is only now just catching up and processing orders in the time they arrived. Apparently when it goes from pending to pre ordered it is in transit or something. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email confirming that it's shipped but it shows it left on Friday.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
There was a post on XDA that said that Googles system is only now just catching up and processing orders in the time they arrived. Apparently when it goes from pending to pre ordered it is in transit or something. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email confirming that it's shipped but it shows it left on Friday.

I hope that Google will do some work on all the order/sale/shipping process for next time. The whole N4 sale made a lot of people upset. A big company like Google really has to do a better job at stuff like this.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope that Google will do some work on all the order/sale/shipping process for next time. The whole N4 sale made a lot of people upset. A big company like Google really has to do a better job at stuff like this.
Ya, I'm not sure why they have blundered this as much as they have. They are not Amazon yet but the process should be much better. The N7 was also a nightmare. They will blame high demand but it makes no sense how their computer system can be so weak as to not handle the high demand and choke so badly. This is Google for crying out loud. I bet that they subcontracted the entire process out to a different company and they just butchered it with the high demand. There is no other explanation.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the Info! That makes me feel more optimistic. I would just like to have a cell phone again. Sold my iPhone last week so I could afford the Nexus 4.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I'm not sure why they have blundered this as much as they have. They are not Amazon yet but the process should be much better. The N7 was also a nightmare. They will blame high demand but it makes no sense how their computer system can be so weak as to not handle the high demand and choke so badly. This is Google for crying out loud. I bet that they subcontracted the entire process out to a different company and they just butchered it with the high demand. There is no other explanation.

Ye, think about it, how many searches Google handle every second around the world and yet handling a purchase of a device which i believe had less queries than Google search.
Then they stated handling the reservations in a weird order that no one still understand.

Totally weird!