Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2246
Like Tree508Likes

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

I don't know about the official bumper case, and as you know I don't have a phone yet but I purchased $3 case from eBay, just to protect the phone from some problems.

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by desertflame View Post
    I can't wait!
    Tell me about it! I know when it's arriving, but I still keep checking the UPS tracker hoping that the date somehow miraculously changes to an earlier time. lol. I just want that phone!

I've got a feeling that I'm not in this batch. No shipping email plus credit card isn't charged. The credit card should have at least been charged, right? 6-7 weeker.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4!

Quote Originally Posted by alexc9r View Post
    I've got a feeling that I'm not in this batch. No shipping email plus credit card isn't charged. The credit card should have at least been charged, right? 6-7 weeker.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    If it was shipped your card would have been charged. Sorry.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Android Central Forums

There are a few drop tests on the N4 on youtube right now

Quote Originally Posted by Owen188 View Post
    There are a few drop tests on the N4 on youtube right now
    Till a week or so back there was only 1 drop test... it was some Russian thing... guess the phone was so unavailable people either couldn't get it to drop, or didn't want to break the only one they could get their hands on...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q
    Thanked by:
    Owen188 likes this.

Hmmm did any of you guys get an update on location this weekend at all? My Nexus is stuck in Lexington with the Arrival Scan since Friday Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Neelaksh Bhatia View Post
    Hmmm did any of you guys get an update on location this weekend at all? My Nexus is stuck in Lexington with the Arrival Scan since Friday Night.
    Same here man, mine stuck in Hodgkins IL since saturday

Mine is stuck in Ohio. I'm guessing you won't start seeing updates until Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrebello View Post
    Mine is stuck in Ohio. I'm guessing you won't start seeing updates until Wednesday.

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    Tell me about it! I know when it's arriving, but I still keep checking the UPS tracker hoping that the date somehow miraculously changes to an earlier time. lol. I just want that phone!
    Mine is due on Monday, hopefully you won't have to wait any longer than that Are you planning to root immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Owen188 View Post
    exactly
    I got a status update on Saturday. The quote is below:
    Code:
    Last Location:
    Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Saturday, 29/12/2012
    USPS doesn't ship on Sundays so expect an update on Monday.

I got a status update on Saturday. The quote is below:
    Code:
    Last Location:
    Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Saturday, 29/12/2012
    USPS doesn't ship on Sundays so expect an update on Monday.
    I read from someone here that ups is closed new years eve, which is why I thought Wednesday.

My ups hasn't updated since the 29th. Says its still in Columbus, Ohio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mine is due on Monday, hopefully you won't have to wait any longer than that Are you planning to root immediately?
    Sorry buddy but you won't be seeing it Monday or Tuesday... earliest by a miracle is Wednesday night...

I read from someone here that ups is closed new years eve, which is why I thought Wednesday.

Yea you read correctly... its closed new years eve AND new years... you can check the official ups holidays site if you wish... shipments resume Wednesday...

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkFux View Post
    Sorry buddy but you won't be seeing it Monday or Tuesday... earliest by a miracle is Wednesday night...

Yea you read correctly... its closed new years eve AND new years... you can check the official ups holidays site if you wish... shipments resume Wednesday...

Just curious if that means they don't move cargo of if they just don't deliver. It would make some sense to not be delivering given how many businesses will probably remain closed.

Interestingly enough, ups US lists new years Eve as a holiday but canada doesn't seem to. However, if the package is sitting in the US, that wouldn't matter.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Interestingly enough, ups US lists new years Eve as a holiday but canada doesn't seem to. However, if the package is sitting in the US, that wouldn't matter.
    What constitues New Years Eve? Just the latter part of the day? I work until Noon here, maybe there's half a day of transport to be had on Monday.

I doubt they would do half a day of transport, but who knows really.

I wish there were some people who work in UPS, or Google, or LG, who spend some time on these forums. Would be much better...

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkFux View Post
    Can you blame them...? :P
    why not call them... can't ignore your call can they...?

But I think I had read Jan 30th over here only... in this thread...

But as for us whose phones have been shipped but stuck... this extra 3 day wait sucks... what a wasted new years :P
    Butttttt... better 3 days late than 4 days or 5 days or more later :P
    So close yet so far...

By the way... so many people are complaining about cracked screens its making me paranoid... I hate cases... but better a $20 case than a $140 screen... but watched some reviews for the official bumper... it seems the rubber on the front screen kills the feel for the curved edges... its not even properly a close fit... rather loose floppy plastic... but otherwise it looks and feels like its actually part of the phone they say...

Opinions...?

I really like the look of the bumper and will likely pick one up if ever available. In the mean time I picked up four 2 dollar cases from eBay to try out.

Key word, "ever" :P It seems Google has royally screwed up this launch with their marketing schemes. The sad part is that the scheme worked (there is a lot of buzz about the Nexus 4 now) and that these customers that are getting the phone late will still buy future devices from Google. A win-win situation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neelaksh Bhatia View Post
    Key word, "ever" :P It seems Google has royally screwed up this launch with their marketing schemes. The sad part is that the scheme worked (there is a lot of buzz about the Nexus 4 now) and that these customers that are getting the phone late will still buy future devices from Google. A win-win situation for them.
    I wouldn't call it a scheme so much as just Google having no idea how to properly sell actual products. Very poor demand projections is my assumption. It will be interesting to see how many units they have actually sold... either they really produced too few or the demand was incredible. I'm betting on them producing too few. Outisde of our little world of android on forums like this no one has any idea what a nexus handset is.

I wouldn't call it a scheme so much as just Google having no idea how to properly sell actual products. Very poor demand projections is my assumption. It will be interesting to see how many units they have actually sold... either they really produced too few or the demand was incredible. I'm betting on them producing too few. Outisde of our little world of android on forums like this no one has any idea what a nexus handset is.

Yeah probably, but they had a phone information on their website for about 10 day before selling it. Maybe there was really a lot of people who saw the price and decided to buy such a great phone.
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

If they were smart about it they would have had a pre-order to see how much interest there was. Not just put them up for sale and do a pre-order 1.5-2 weeks prior.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD
Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273 ... LastLast