Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 79808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2246
Like Tree508Likes

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

My 16gb Nexus 4 that I ordered on December 14th just shipped this morning. UPS tracking doesn't have details, but that means I should be getting it on Friday!

:-D
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    My 16gb Nexus 4 that I ordered on December 14th just shipped this morning. UPS tracking doesn't have details, but that means I should be getting it on Friday!

:-D
    How did you order December 14? Canadians could only buy it on December 3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4!
    Thanked by:
    jimrebello likes this.

Today is my delivery date for the phone and still no UPS update past diepe new brunswick.... Ugh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkFux View Post
    Considering the way the CSR's are, and their lack of information, I don't think I'll believe anything they just verbally say... need to see it in writing somewhere to be legit news in my opinion...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q
    a one year warranty is pretty standard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    a one year warranty is pretty standard.

It showed up, it showed up!!!!!! My partner sent me a picture of him with the phone. And my nexus 4 cases also showed up. Can't wait to get off of work in an hour. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

maxod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by niagarawalls View Post
    It showed up, it showed up!!!!!! My partner sent me a picture of him with the phone. And my nexus 4 cases also showed up. Can't wait to get off of work in an hour. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

!!!!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Awesome. That's great news. You are gonna love it.

Android Evangelist

True, but a 1 year warranty is very different from a 1year replacement/return policy...

Omg I love this phone!! No yellow spots, not ringing or hissing, or anything else!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    rudeshko likes this.

Hey Guys

Did anyone of you try to use the tethering option in Nexus 4....I can connect to the phone but there is no internet access on my laptop...I am able to use the internet on my phone...the tethering used to work on my friend's android last time i checked months ago...I am with Fido...any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by dbss View Post
    Hey Guys

Did anyone of you try to use the tethering option in Nexus 4....I can connect to the phone but there is no internet access on my laptop...I am able to use the internet on my phone...the tethering used to work on my friend's android last time i checked months ago...I am with Fido...any ideas??
    If you APN set up correctly?

Hey Guys

Did you try it this evening? Rogers/fido has been wonky in my area tonight..

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkFux View Post
    True, but a 1 year warranty is very different from a 1year replacement/return policy...

True. I think Google only offers 21 days for a return or something don't they?

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Hey Guys

I tether all the time but I am on Telus. Just go to Settings / More then set up the password then turn it on. Data must be on and wifi off.

Android Evangelist

Anyone with telus have a small "H" next to the signal strength? Is that supposed to be there? It just appeared this morning.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Anyone with telus have a small "H" next to the signal strength? Is that supposed to be there? It just appeared this morning.

That is the HSPA+ signal. It will show up when you are on data. You can also activate LTE by going to your dial pad and typing *#*#4636#*#* then click on phone information. Scroll down until you see the set preferred network type (right above the turn radio off button) select LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (prl). Then back out of the program and you have LTE. It works well if you are in a good signal area. But uses more battery and your phone will default back to the HSPA setting when you reboot.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

OMG... I can't wait anymore. it's killing me...
    senthilada, vicar204 and Tarenz like this.

7-8 weeker.. Still no updates.. Heard rumors about batches being sent every 3 weeks. If true hopefully will be in next batch Jan 14 or 15

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Ok folks.....1 week with the Nexus 4....keep this in mind....

DO NOT DROP IT.

I got mine last Thursday and friday evening it slid off the arm of my couch 18" to laminate flooring. Shattered the back glass.

The glass is very slick. Personally, having owned an iPhone for several years with similar drops, I'm surprised it broke. It landed perfectly flat, so no marks or dents on the bezel. I've called Google and they are sending me a replacement and I will ship mine back. I'll likely be charged for the cost of replacing the back case which, I'm expecting to be over $100 given it houses the NFC & wireless charging components (compare to the iPhone 4S back which is $25).

All that sadness said...I love this phone.

G

Quote Originally Posted by ggelinasbrown View Post

DO NOT DROP IT.

I got mine last Thursday and friday evening it slid off the arm of my couch 18" to laminate flooring. Shattered the back glass.

The glass is very slick. Personally, having owned an iPhone for several years with similar drops, I'm surprised it broke. It landed perfectly flat, so no marks or dents on the bezel. I've called Google and they are sending me a replacement and I will ship mine back. I'll likely be charged for the cost of replacing the back case which, I'm expecting to be over $100 given it houses the NFC & wireless charging components (compare to the iPhone 4S back which is $25).

G
    That's unfortunate!!! I received the case I ordered today. Still waiting on the screen protectors I orderer. I put it on right away, hoping to avoid what happened to you.

Yeah, this phone needs a case. Most phones do, anyway. My One S is anodized aluminum but it took a fall. Nothing shattered, but one of the Wi-Fi antennae came loose, which meant I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi unless I was directly next to a modem. That was a $200 fix. :/

As much as I love the look and feel of naked phones it's too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    Yeah, this phone needs a case. Most phones do, anyway. My One S is anodized aluminum but it took a fall. Nothing shattered, but one of the Wi-Fi antennae came loose, which meant I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi unless I was directly next to a modem. That was a $200 fix. :/

As much as I love the look and feel of naked phones it's too risky.

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by ggelinasbrown View Post

DO NOT DROP IT.

G
    That really sucks. I read in another forum that the cost to replace the back was $65 so hopefully it won't get up to the $100 mark with shipping and whatnot.

Did you get it back

Rumors saying LG has stopped producing the nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 79808182838485 ... LastLast