Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2246
Like Tree508Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2126  

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by niagarawalls View Post
    That's pretty crappy. I hope you get it soon! Are you enjoying the phone otherwise?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    You will always have a few very unlucky people that get a defective phone. It happens with iPhones, Blackberries, Nokias etc.
    I have had the phone since December 14th. I have had no problems.
    The sound quality during a call is best out of any Nexus device or any other phone I have ever used.
    The battery is perfect, it lasts 24 hours easily.
    The screen is amazing. The glass on the back has not cracked, (I have dropped it twice already, but I am not willing to push my luck with that)

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnaby View Post
    You will always have a few very unlucky people that get a defective phone. It happens with iPhones, Blackberries, Nokias etc.
    The sound quality during a call is best out of any Nexus device or any other phone I have ever used.
    The screen is amazing. The glass on the back has not cracked, (I have dropped it twice already, but I am not willing to push my luck with that)
    I don't get that kind of battery life, but I do get up to 12 hours heavy usage with screen on 75%. I'm sure I could get more if I wasn't on my phone so much and went easy on the screen brightness.

It's good to hear your N4 hasn't shattered when dropped. Too much has been made of the glass back. Phones aren't meant to be dropped, period. Even with cases your still relying on luck when you drop your phone.

Anyway, great news that the 7-8 weekers are finally getting their phones. :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

What he said. The screen is like a smooth polished diamond. I love it. No troubles at all.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Could someone check if you can still install the box.net app and still get the 50gig free storage? My phone won't arrive for a couple of days and I'm curious if that offer is still available... Thx

Quote Originally Posted by vicar204 View Post
    Could someone check if you can still install the box.net app and still get the 50gig free storage? My phone won't arrive for a couple of days and I'm curious if that offer is still available... Thx
    Just install it and you will get the 50GB. I installed mine just last Thursday

Thanked by:
    vicar204 likes this.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I use my Box.net account for off-site backups using Titanium Backup Pro. Works great.

Package mapping shows that the beauty is in air on it's way to Richmond, BC. Only a 20 minute drive from where I live. It seems I might get it Friday instead of the estimated Tuesday.
    Nexus 4 16GB Order Date: December 3rd, 2012
    Estimate: 7-8 weeks
    Hopefully waiting...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2133  

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    I don't get that kind of battery life, but I do get up to 12 hours heavy usage with screen on 75%. I'm sure I could get more if I wasn't on my phone so much and went easy on the screen brightness.

It's good to hear your N4 hasn't shattered when dropped. Too much has been made of the glass back. Phones aren't meant to be dropped, period. Even with cases your still relying on luck when you drop your phone.

Anyway, great news that the 7-8 weekers are finally getting their phones. :beer:

I can't keep the brightness at 75%, its way to bright for my eyes (unless I am outside) :P
    But i think if I did use my phone like you do, I would probably get around 12 hours of battery. Which is perfect, cause when most heavy users get home, the phone will be around 10% battery.

Packagge Mapping says it is in Maumee, OH. How do I know if it is flying?
    Nexus 4!

Quote Originally Posted by alexc9r View Post
    Packagge Mapping says it is in Maumee, OH. How do I know if it is flying?
    Mine is in Mumee too. Right now it's still there and not moving because you (probably) get location scan. If it were on a plane there'd be wings on the package picture, the one on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeshko View Post
    Mine is in Mumee too. Right now it's still there and not moving because you (probably) get location scan. If it were on a plane there'd be wings on the package picture, the one on the map.
    Yup, I have a location scan in Mumee. Looks like we won't see any movement until tomorrow.

Nexus 4!

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (rooted)

Does anyone know if the Nexus 4 is presently sold in Canada? Each time I go on the Playstore, it shows as being "backorder". Does that mean that it's not available for purchase? If that is the case, does anyone know when it will become available for purchase in the near future ? And how did you guys knew about its availability in the first place when you did buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by le_prof View Post
    Does anyone know if the Nexus 4 is presently sold in Canada? Each time I go on the Playstore, it shows as being "backorder". Does that mean that it's not available for purchase? If that is the case, does anyone know when it will become available for purchase in the near future ? And how did you guys knew about its availability in the first place when you did buy it?
    Currently, the Nexus 4 is sold out from the Play store. It might be a few weeks until it is back for order. When it was first announced back in October, you could subscribe for when it will be available. On December 3, the people who subscribed got emails from Google saying it will be back on sale, while other people checked news and forums.

Nexus 4!
    Thanked by:

tells you that stock of Nexus 4s. There is also an app on the Playstore called Nexus 4 stock checker that notifies you when it is back in stock.

Nexus 4!
    Thanked by:

got my shipping email earlier today! was in the 7-8 estimation I believe... I know I ordered around 1:10pm PST Dec 3rd. Vancouver BC btw

woot woot!
    rudeshko likes this.

Mine is also in Maumee.

I have a question regarding the shipping time, back when I first ordered the phone and they just started shipping to the 1-2 weekers a few of them complained about how Google makes you pay for 2 day shipping but the phone shipped on Friday and they wouldn't get it till Tuesday so it was a waste of money. If it really is 2 day shipping shouldn't we be getting our phones tomorrow instead of Friday.

I'm not complaining about the shipping time, I already waited 6 weeks so another day wont matter. I'm just curious if it really is 2 day shipping or if I miss-understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad21 View Post
    Mine is also in Maumee.

I have a question regarding the shipping time, back when I first ordered the phone and they just started shipping to the 1-2 weekers a few of them complained about how Google makes you pay for 2 day shipping but the phone shipped on Friday and they wouldn't get it till Tuesday so it was a waste of money. If it really is 2 day shipping shouldn't we be getting our phones tomorrow instead of Friday.

I'm not complaining about the shipping time, I already waited 6 weeks so another day wont matter. I'm just curious if it really is 2 day shipping or if I miss-understood.
    There's no 2-day shipping for Canadians, only for US. Those who complained, didn't know that it's not just 2 days, it's 2 business days.
    Thanked by:
    Vlad21 

Quote Originally Posted by rudeshko View Post
    There's no 2-day shipping for Canadians, only for US. Those who complained, didn't know that it's not just 2 days, it's 2 business days.
    Thanks to everyone who was posting on this thread. I've been following it since just before the holidays. I'm a 7-8 weeker and I got my email Tuesday night from Google and it's currently on schedule to arrive by Friday afternoon. It's currently in NY waiting to cross the border to come to Montreal. So 2 day shipping became 3 day since it was sent out late in the day.

Looking forward to a weekend of testing it out.
    rudeshko likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Good to hear this is still available

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Robxrob View Post
    Thanks to everyone who was posting on this thread. I've been following it since just before the holidays. I'm a 7-8 weeker and I got my email Tuesday night from Google and it's currently on schedule to arrive by Friday afternoon. It's currently in NY waiting to cross the border to come to Montreal. So 2 day shipping became 3 day since it was sent out late in the day.

Looking forward to a weekend of testing it out.
    You will love it, its worth the wait!

Thanked by:

Awesome. yeah there is no 2 day shipping for Canada, so 3 days ain't bad. Mine was stuck in Ohio for like 4 days due to new years.

Got my shipping email today. Yes! Was also in the 7 - 8 week range. Located in Vancouver.

rudeshko likes this.

I can't keep the brightness at 75%, its way to bright for my eyes (unless I am outside) :P
    But i think if I did use my phone like you do, I would probably get around 12 hours of battery. Which is perfect, cause when most heavy users get home, the phone will be around 10% battery.
    Lol! You know what? You're absolutely right about the brightness. I use the power control widget that I was guessing the brightness. Turns out I was only on about 25-35%. Hehe. But yeah, I can get 12 hours on moderate to heavy usage, which is more than adequate.

Mine is flying now. Package Mapping says it's in transit to Windsor, ON.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4!
    rudeshko likes this.

Hi All...
    If you are like me, and are currently obsessively checking your shipping status on PackageMapping.com, here is a trick if you are checking the status from a device.
    Use this . It's basically the right hand iframe of the status page where you enter your tracking number... I was having issues viewing it on my iPad, since the javascript on the main site (that's used to show the map) was blanking out the screen...
Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889 ... LastLast