Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2246
Like Tree508Likes

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalGreen View Post
    Ok, it's been a little over a week now and the yellow spots don't look any better (unlike what some people predicted with the "glue drying"). Also, still no sign of Google having sent out the RMA replacement despite having assured me it wouldn't take longer than a week...going to call them tomorrow!
    Update: the RMA phone was sent today, ETA is Wednesday!

Default Re: Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by alexc9r View Post
    Got LTE. No APN needed on Bell. Got awesome speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nice! I'm on Telus, but work off Bell towers. I'll try it out. In fact, I can't believe I haven't, yet. Lol.

Glad to see you guys got your phones. After saying it was in Air Transit to Richmond, BC for the longest time, it arrived in Spokane, WA. Once again, it read Air Transit to Richmond, but has recently arrived in Redmond, WA. Strange. But it's only a 3 hour drive away. Monday or Tuesday. I am waiting.
    Nexus 4 16GB Order Date: December 3rd, 2012
    Estimate: 7-8 weeks
    Hopefully waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    Nice! I'm on Telus, but work off Bell towers. I'll try it out. In fact, I can't believe I haven't, yet. Lol.

Just note that the signal strength is lower than hspa. I only use it when I need speed. But it depends on where you are. Right now I'm getting 3 bars which is pretty good. But sometimes I only get 1.

Nexus 4!
    Thanked by:
    avenuePad likes this.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

The Nexus 4 Toolkit worked great for me.

Hi.. everyone,
    Can anyone suggest the better Protective Case for Nexus 4 and where can I order?

7-8 weeker still waiting..

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by senthilada View Post
    Hi.. everyone,
    Can anyone suggest the better Protective Case for Nexus 4 and where can I order?

7-8 weeker still waiting..
    Check out the Spigen case. Skip the Poetic Atmosphere case. It looks horrible. The bumper is supposed to be okay. I have the Nillikin case which is pretty nice. A bit slippery at first but gets better after a while.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Love my phone so far... Just got it on Friday... Today is my first day of heavy use... so besides general web surfing, checking email and texting, I've also watched a couple of videos been listening to some streaming radio and I had the GPS on the way to work... so I've used my battery from full charge this morning 10 hours so far and I still have 37% battery left... so I'm pretty happy with that...

Still waiting to see what I can find for a case, but I think I'm defiantly getting the ZAGG Front & Back clear shield, and I'll probably hold out for a bumper when they are back in stock...

Have fun with your new phones everyone...
    Thanked by:
    avenuePad and quicksilver53 like this.

I'm getting mine tomorrow. I'm quite excited.
    Hopefully waiting...
    Thanked by:
    jimrebello and rudeshko like this.

did anybody manage to get LTE working with Fido on Nexus 4?

Not Fido, but I found with Bell I always have at least 3-4 bars of LTE. Not bad, Nexus 4, not bad. Didn't drain too much battery either.
    Hopefully waiting...

Try this APN:

NAME: FIDO LTE
    APN: LTEMOBILE.APN
    MMSC:
    MMS PROXT: 205.151.11.13
    MMS PORT: 90
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 370
    APN TYPE: INTERNET + MMS
    APN PROTOCOL IPV4
    BEARER: UNSPECIFIED

Then go to dialer and punch in *#*#4636*#*# and change the network to let only or lte/gsm

I'm on Rogers and lte coverage is quite good for me. Fido should be similar I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalGreen View Post
    Update: the RMA phone was sent today, ETA is Wednesday!

*sad face*

P.S. anyone know how to setup a nexus 4 to be able to receive MMS without having data constantly active?

this is bs man... waiting all day for this phone and got this status update a few minutes ago...

"The receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date. UPS will attempt delivery on date requested."

EDIT -- wow so get this. the UPS driver came within 2-3 houses of my place, but because the road was blocked at the time (just my luck eh) he turned around and skipped me. The house next door is under construction and I guess one of the dump trucks or machinery was taking up the road so he couldn't get by. He didn't want to wait or even get out of his damn vehicle and walk wtf...
    Last edited by kimapz; 01-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrebello View Post
    Try this APN:

NAME: FIDO LTE
    APN: LTEMOBILE.APN
    MMSC:
    MMS PROXT: 205.151.11.13
    MMS PORT: 90
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 370
    APN TYPE: INTERNET + MMS
    APN PROTOCOL IPV4
    BEARER: UNSPECIFIED

Then go to dialer and punch in *#*#4636*#*# and change the network to let only or lte/gsm

I'm on Rogers and lte coverage is quite good for me. Fido should be similar I would think.

It did not work...I tried....

Quote Originally Posted by dbss View Post
    It did not work...I tried....
    Do you have an LTE SIM and LTE compatible plan? It should be the same band as Rogers.

Mine arrived January 23 but I'm currently in Honolulu. Something to look forward to when I get back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by isGuy View Post
    Mine arrived January 23 but I'm currently in Honolulu. Something to look forward to when I get back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Lucky!

I have to say, this phone is amazing. I am yet to encounter any lag and LTE works surprisingly well. No regrets with this one. Just make sure you put a case on it.
    Hopefully waiting...
    Thanked by:
    avenuePad and alexc9r like this.

wow, so after I decided not to RMA this phone (rattle when shaking/moving/putting on a table), the sound because louder and more annoying. I guess I will need to RMA...

Really? Mine rattles a tiny bit, which is normal. I can pretty much only hear it when I hold it to my ear. If its much louder than that, probably wouldn't hurt to RMA but the new one will likely rattle a bit too.

I mean rattle when shaking it or just slightly moving. For me the sound from the earpiece is not a problem at all, doesn't bother me, but that shaking sound is just annoying...

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Not the earpiece. Its just the autofocus on the camera rattling. Again, mine is only noticeable if I really listen, but you will likely have some rattle on the replacement. What I find is that if I shake the phone sort of side to side there's not rattle, but if I shake it front to back (if that makes sense) it rattles a little bit.

I have never had any sound from the earpiece.

Hopefully your replacement is better. Let us know!

I'm still not sure if I should RMA it. Yeah it kinda bothers me and I know its only a camera focus but then again, next phone I'll most likely have the same problem or even something worse than that. Also I will probably have to wait for a new phone long. My main concern is that it can get worse, and I will not be able to sell it after. I said it got worse, well, maybe its not, maybe its just in my head. I don't know...

I requested an RMA. Guys I have a quick questiong for those who had RMA process before. Did you use the same box from the newly arrived device to send it back? And was there a UPS sticker inside so that you could use that? Thanks.
Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 858687888990 LastLast