Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry buddy but you won't be seeing it Monday or Tuesday... earliest by a miracle is Wednesday night...

Yea you read correctly... its closed new years eve AND new years... you can check the official ups holidays site if you wish... shipments resume Wednesday...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

Just curious if that means they don't move cargo of if they just don't deliver. It would make some sense to not be delivering given how many businesses will probably remain closed.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Android Central Forums

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, ups US lists new years Eve as a holiday but canada doesn't seem to. However, if the package is sitting in the US, that wouldn't matter.

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, ups US lists new years Eve as a holiday but canada doesn't seem to. However, if the package is sitting in the US, that wouldn't matter.

What constitues New Years Eve? Just the latter part of the day? I work until Noon here, maybe there's half a day of transport to be had on Monday.

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you blame them...? :p
why not call them... can't ignore your call can they...?

But I think I had read Jan 30th over here only... in this thread...

But as for us whose phones have been shipped but stuck... this extra 3 day wait sucks... what a wasted new years :p
Butttttt... better 3 days late than 4 days or 5 days or more later :p
So close yet so far...

By the way... so many people are complaining about cracked screens its making me paranoid... I hate cases... but better a $20 case than a $140 screen... but watched some reviews for the official bumper... it seems the rubber on the front screen kills the feel for the curved edges... its not even properly a close fit... rather loose floppy plastic... but otherwise it looks and feels like its actually part of the phone they say...

Opinions...?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

I really like the look of the bumper and will likely pick one up if ever available. In the mean time I picked up four 2 dollar cases from eBay to try out.

Neelaksh Bhatia

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Key word, "ever" :p It seems Google has royally screwed up this launch with their marketing schemes. The sad part is that the scheme worked (there is a lot of buzz about the Nexus 4 now) and that these customers that are getting the phone late will still buy future devices from Google. A win-win situation for them.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Key word, "ever" :p It seems Google has royally screwed up this launch with their marketing schemes. The sad part is that the scheme worked (there is a lot of buzz about the Nexus 4 now) and that these customers that are getting the phone late will still buy future devices from Google. A win-win situation for them.

I wouldn't call it a scheme so much as just Google having no idea how to properly sell actual products. Very poor demand projections is my assumption. It will be interesting to see how many units they have actually sold... either they really produced too few or the demand was incredible. I'm betting on them producing too few. Outisde of our little world of android on forums like this no one has any idea what a nexus handset is.

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a scheme so much as just Google having no idea how to properly sell actual products. Very poor demand projections is my assumption. It will be interesting to see how many units they have actually sold... either they really produced too few or the demand was incredible. I'm betting on them producing too few. Outisde of our little world of android on forums like this no one has any idea what a nexus handset is.

Yeah probably, but they had a phone information on their website for about 10 day before selling it. Maybe there was really a lot of people who saw the price and decided to buy such a great phone.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If they were smart about it they would have had a pre-order to see how much interest there was. Not just put them up for sale and do a pre-order 1.5-2 weeks prior.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
^this.. they clearly had no idea what was going on or we would all already have the phone in our hands. Selling out in 10 minutes like it did in the first round is just crazy. Not to mention their site crashing and giving errors non stop.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish there were some people who work in UPS, or Google, or LG, who spend some time on these forums. Would be much better...
I'm sure there are. This is the cheapest feedback statistics available. For a billion dollar company to not be reading forums would be stupid. They could spend less than $100, 000 a year to get a pretty dammed good report on the and whine of their customers. Same goes for YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ruslan Nikolaev

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered my my nexus on Dec 3rd at 4:40:57 pm UTC-5 and i still haven't received any notification E-mails or anything like that. The biggest mystery for me is that when I go online in order to check my order status, it says that the phone was ordered on December 27th which is incorrect. And now i have no clue when the phone will be shipped to me.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's order date changed. What was your shipping estimate? Based on the time of your order I would guess it was something like 6-7 or 7-8 weeks? If so, you've still got a bit of a wait ahead of you.

Once your credit card is charged (not just pre-authed), you should expect a shipping email.

desertflame

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I read from someone here that ups is closed new years eve, which is why I thought Wednesday.

My ups hasn't updated since the 29th. Says its still in Columbus, Ohio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The status should be updated by now, so don't worry :)
I got another this morning too.

Code:
Hialeah, FL, United States, Monday, 31/12/2012

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered my my nexus on Dec 3rd at 4:40:57 pm UTC-5 and i still haven't received any notification E-mails or anything like that. The biggest mystery for me is that when I go online in order to check my order status, it says that the phone was ordered on December 27th which is incorrect. And now i have no clue when the phone will be shipped to me.

I'm in the same situation but my date says December 29. I think the date changing is an update to when it will ship. What's weird is that some other 6-7 weekers got thier's shipped while others didn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same situation but my date says December 29. I think the date changing is an update to when it will ship. What's weird is that some other 6-7 weekers got thier's shipped while others didn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Seems like the 6-7 orders that shipped may be because they are going to the same address as another earlier order. I have heard of this happened in a few instances.

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the 6-7 orders that shipped may be because they are going to the same address as another earlier order. I have heard of this happened in a few instances.

But it seems that there are more then just a few 6-7 orders being shipped. And by earlier order, do you mean a previous Nexus 4 order?

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Maybe they just placed their order ahead of you, and Google is now processing orders on a first come-first serve basis. If they had stock to cover the 3-4 Weekers and started moving into the 6-7 week estimates, these people may have just had their order in before you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith