Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with the UPS tracking system? I have the N4 and the screen protector both coming with UPS and on both I get an error when trying to track them.

Update -
never mind, I guess they had a small problem. All works now.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
has anyone ever received their package early from ups?

my package when from KY to IL and is now FLYING to Richmond (airport city near Vancouver). Chances are, if you're all right, then by Monday morning, it would have already arrived in BC and checked through customs. I don't know where the sorting facility is (the logical place would be Richmond though, no?) but I live in downtown Van, and I was given a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 20th 2012. Richmond is a 25-30min drive. I doubt my package will take 4 days to get to Vancouver from Richmond/the sorting facility!

Lower Mainland'ers... chime in here please.

Below are my tracking details so you can see my logic..

Location Date Local Time Activity
RICHMOND, BC CADec 14, 201210:46 AMIN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 201210:45 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20127:23 AMLOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20127:23 AMLOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20125:21 AMARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20124:31 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20123:36 AMARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 201211:38 PMDEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 20129:58 PMORIGIN SCAN
USDec 13, 20122:36:46 PMBILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Mine is in the same route but my tracking doesn't show that it has left Hodgkins. I'm in Abbotsford.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

wwoo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Like many of the people here who were left in the dust, my credit card was also charged! Woohooooooo...still no shipping notice though. I'd be surprised if I receive it before I have to leave the province though. Prove me wrong, Google!!!

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Like many of the people here who were left in the dust, my credit card was also charged! Woohooooooo...still no shipping notice though. I'd be surprised if I receive it before I have to leave the province though. Prove me wrong, Google!!!

Check Google wallet. Your tracking might be there.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2

Phalonx

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
has anyone ever received their package early from ups?
Location Date Local Time Activity
RICHMOND, BC CA Dec 14, 2012 10:46 AM IN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 10:45 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 7:23 AM LOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 7:23 AM LOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 5:21 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 4:31 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 3:36 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 11:38 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 9:58 PM ORIGIN SCAN
US Dec 13, 2012 2:36:46 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

From my experience with two Nexus 7s being ordered, all that information shows you is the destination facility. It's more than likely in a truck, travelling across the US. Assuming this will follow the same UPS routes as my Nexus 7 orders, in a few days you'll see the truck arrive at Spokane or Redmond, then be sent to Richmond. It'll clear customs in a few hours then be sent out to the local distribution facility, probably on Annacis Island, then it gets delivered the following day. If it were really by air, this is what it would look like:

Jeacg.jpg

Salinger

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt, that's why i wrote "I thought....".
Just thought that Standard Shipping with UPS means ground shipping in North America. Of course i may be wrong.

Does it actually say anywhere that it's flying?

You're actually correct V-Tech, and it does say "Ground Shipping", at least on mine. Perhaps it's different for people farther from their warehouse, though I doubt it.

From the Google Wallet pricing summary :

Item Price
Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. CA$359.00
Shipping (Ground): CA$16.99
Tax: CA$46.67
Total: CA$422.66

Last edited:

azmahkiani

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My N4 departed from East Syracuse, NY, United States 12/15/2012 1:16 A.M. .....What are the customs doing!....gosh this is frustating

Don't worry be happy! :)
You will get yours on tuesday i bet.
I am not checking my gmail until monday night. Its really helpful to take a break and focus on something else once in a while

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt, that's why i wrote "I thought....".
Just thought that Standard Shipping with UPS means ground shipping in North America. Of course i may be wrong.

Does it actually say anywhere that it's flying?

Nope - you were right. I assumed it was flying because that packagemapping.com website had an avi of a package with wings and noted that it was enroute to BC Canada from IL, USA. Simple case of me not paying attention to details - my bad.

Anyways - I googled it - should only be a 32 hour drive. And if left IL on Friday at 10am... LOL. I have no reason to be impatient at this point.
I just want my new toy :)

cleveralias

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My N4 departed from East Syracuse, NY, United States 12/15/2012 1:16 A.M. .....What are the customs doing!....gosh this is frustating

I'm assuming you're from Montreal as well? I'm on the same boat as you. Same timing. Guess our phones are together, lol. I doubt we'll get any update before Monday. UPS doesn't usually deliver earlier than expected either. So we'll get our phone by Tuesday.

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered my N10 they never fully tracked my order. Tracking showed it was in Ohio, and it showed up at my door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cricardol

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you're from Montreal as well? I'm on the same boat as you. Same timing. Guess our phones are together, lol. I doubt we'll get any update before Monday. UPS doesn't usually deliver earlier than expected either. So we'll get our phone by Tuesday.

Quebec city actually....today is my birthday and i kinda hoped it would be here today and delivered tomorrow morning

Vortex13

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else pay with Visa Debit? My phone has been shipped and all but they charged me twice for it, one for the day i sent the order, and the other the day it shipped. I contacted google a few days ago and they said the authorization expired and the money would be refunded, but it seems the first time they charged me wasn't just an authorization they actually billed me for it, I still have not gotten refunded.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else pay with Visa Debit? My phone has been shipped and all but they charged me twice for it, one for the day i sent the order, and the other the day it shipped. I contacted google a few days ago and they said the authorization expired and the money would be refunded, but it seems the first time they charged me wasn't just an authorization they actually billed me for it, I still have not gotten refunded.

Usually they only block the amount on your card to make sure you have funds and after some waiting period (for most of us) the funds were released and after that we were actually charged.

I'm sure they will give you a refund for the amount. Keep bugging them if you dont see the money in a day or two.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been lurking on this thread for the past few days. What a torture test this waiting game is! lol!

I managed to place my order at 12:10 PST (I'm actually in Halifax, so 4:10 AST) on Dec 3 and got the 3-4 week estimate. My Google Play order status is now showing pre-ordered, while my Google Wallet status is still showing pending. It's just great to see people finally getting their phones shipped. I was hoping to get it by Christmas, but it won't kill me if it comes around the new year.

I ordered a kickstand case and a screen protector so I have something to protect it when it arrives. It's not the nicest case, but it was less than five Loonies and is just to hold me over until some nicer ones come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool