Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Look at the status every night. And keep an eye on whats going on with your CC.
What happened with me and others is that on google play orders page our date and status changed (status changed to pre-order; the date went from Dec 3 to Dec 12th). The status changed about the same time as Google made a transaction to hold the funds on my CC. Then with in 48 to 60 hours we received an email saying our order had been shipped.

And to add to this - we receive a notice that the item was shipped when actually it was shipped the day before we receive the email.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay... this weekend was sucky on the Nexus info front. Basically what transpired was Google charged my debit visa like a credit, and since debit visas cant have autherizations... when they pre-auth'd me it was actually a charge, so they have taken my money while thinking the bank still has it in a Pre-auth. SO, now I have 7 days to update my account, but I wont have my money returned from Google that soon, and they cancelled my order... so no Nexus 4 for Spuffy. :(

haywung

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that the date on my Google Play status page says Dec 15, 2012 with a pre-ordered status. So I'm probably looking at getting the shipment email in the next day or so.

Thanks for your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnaby View Post
Look at the status every night. And keep an eye on whats going on with your CC.
What happened with me and others is that on google play orders page our date and status changed (status changed to pre-order; the date went from Dec 3 to Dec 12th). The status changed about the same time as Google made a transaction to hold the funds on my CC. Then with in 48 to 60 hours we received an email saying our order had been shipped.
And to add to this - we receive a notice that the item was shipped when actually it was shipped the day before we receive the email.

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay... this weekend was sucky on the Nexus info front. Basically what transpired was Google charged my debit visa like a credit, and since debit visas cant have autherizations... when they pre-auth'd me it was actually a charge, so they have taken my money while thinking the bank still has it in a Pre-auth. SO, now I have 7 days to update my account, but I wont have my money returned from Google that soon, and they cancelled my order... so no Nexus 4 for Spuffy. :(

This is not a good situation. But maybe they took it and it is your actual charge now? Or are you saying they took it as pre-auth, then refunded and are going to take it again before the original refund comes through? If so is the issue that you wont have enough money in the account?

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Man that is awful! Sorry to hear about your situation - shame they don't have some sort of warning on their order pages about this type of situation with Visa debit!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Ohh man, sorry to hear that!
Did you try to talk with them over the phone maybe and see if anything can be done?

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I used my debit visa as well but got my $$ back as a "Visa debit" on the 12th when everyone started getting moved into pre-ordered status (I'm in pre-order status with 3-4 weeks delivery time). I have not received any other email from Google with regards as to what is happening. I may send a follow up to see how it works with the debit Visa either Wednesday or Thursday.

freek4iphone

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
UPS has trouble delivering to my building because it is secured, but they are never ready to help. Mine has reach just 5 miles from away from me at a UPS center. I called UPS, but they wouldn't let me pickup until Wednesday.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
UPS has trouble delivering to my building because it is secured, but they are never ready to help. Mine has reach just 5 miles from away from me at a UPS center. I called UPS, but they wouldn't let me pickup until Wednesday.

What do you mean? They have the package and wont let you pick it up?! Did they say why?

freek4iphone

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
yes they have the package, they didn't give me a reason, just told me that if you want to pickup, you can only pickup on wednesday otherwise they will attempt first delivery tomorrow.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
yes they have the package, they didn't give me a reason, just told me that if you want to pickup, you can only pickup on wednesday otherwise they will attempt first delivery tomorrow.

That's just insane! No logic behind it! It's less work for them if you pick it up instead of delivering the package to you.

fub4r3d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
At least some of you guys got your package beyond Maumee, OH... My N4 seems to have missed the truck and has been sitting there since Saturday morning. Last update using PackageMapping.com was "LOCATION SCAN" at 11:42am this morning and my delivery date was rescheduled to 2012/12/19 instead of 2012/12/18.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
At least some of you guys got your package beyond Maumee, OH... My N4 seems to have missed the truck and has been sitting there since Saturday morning. Last update using PackageMapping.com was "LOCATION SCAN" at 11:42am this morning and my delivery date was rescheduled to 2012/12/19 instead of 2012/12/18.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

You spoke with UPS about it? How do you know it missed the truck and all the other info?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I havent had an update since friday, last location was in Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/14/2012 10:45 A.M. Departure Scan SAD FACE

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Man Spuffy, that sucks!

I had a similar deal, but not a Debit Visa, normal Visa, got declined the first time they tried to charge my CC, also gave me the 7 days to update my info, which I did, and it seems it is back on track, but I don't know if my order got pushed back now :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance