Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick semi-unrelated question. I'm currently with Tel us, and plan to stay with the, at least for the time being. My current phone is using a regular tell us hspa+ sim card, and I understand the nexus 4 uses a micro sim or nano sim?? So I obviously need to get a new sim card. My question is, I've read a lot about ppl activating the LTE chip inside the phone and using it with LTE. I'm guessingyou need a LTE sim to do this? Has anyone who has already received their phone done this, and if so is it worth it? Pros/Cons?

I think I read that Brad did this with his, perhaps he can answer my question.

Cheers,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I don't have my Nexus 4 yet, but yes you need a micro LTE sim card for the LTE to work. I've seen some videos where people reached over 20 mb/s. Looks like it's worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I love that we are like crack heads waiting for our dealer to show up... where are you, how far is that from me, can you get here earlier?? Lol

As has been stated before, I hope this phone is amazing because I'm way too obsessed if it isn't.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Android Central Forums

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
WTF?!?!? According to Packagemapping, mine is still idiling in Winterpeg when I think it should be in the same truck as yours.
Perhaps it is slow in updating. Mine says it left Winnipeg at 10:30 last night. I must be in Calgary by now. Calgarians are slow but not that slow. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I love that we are like crack heads waiting for our dealer to show up... where are how far is that from me, can you get here earlier?? Lol

As has been stated before, I hope this phone is amazing because I'm way to obsessed if it isn't.

Lol tote.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Depends on which phone you have. I currently have an iPhone 4 and it uses the same sized micro-sim BUT you need a v3 sim to utilize LTE (I talked to someone at the Telus store as well as confirming with a Telus CSR).

Do you know if they will sell me the LTE sim even though the phone is techinically is hpsa?

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I love that we are like crack heads waiting for our dealer to show up... where are you, how far is that from me, can you get here earlier?? Lol

As has been stated before, I hope this phone is amazing because I'm way too obsessed if it isn't.

Haha totally. Gonna miss all the posting once the phones show up. Gonna have to stick around the forums I guess!

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if they will sell me the LTE sim even though the phone is techinically is hpsa?

Yes they will (I bought one over the lunch hour in anticipation of getting the N4 soon). Just told them a story of buying an unlocked LTE capable phone and need a new sim card that can get onto LTE. Cost was $10 plus tax. I also confirmed that I can switch back and forth between the N4 and iPhone 4 with the new v3 sim and they said no problem.

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
When was your delivery scheduled for?

It was scheduled for delivery by end of day tomorrow (Jan 4th). Because no signature was required, the driver left it between the storm door and main door of my house. The status in UPS went from "Destination Scan" to:

Winnipeg, MB, Canada 01/03/2013 12:54 Package was driver released

Man..this phone is absolutely stunning. Feels far better in build quality than my Galaxy SII LTE. Now all I need is the LTE SIM. May have to wait until tomorrow for it.

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you have a "Location scan" around 10:19 PM in Winnipeg as well before departure?

I did not. Here is my schedule:
Winnipeg, MB, Canada 01/02/2013 10:30 P.M. Departure Scan
01/02/2013 2:31 P.M. Arrival Scan
Minneapolis, MN, United States 01/02/2013 5:05 A.M. Departure Scan
Minneapolis, MN, United States 01/01/2013 6:52 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/29/2012 12:01 A.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/28/2012 10:40 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/28/2012 11:29 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
How much time has passed since last batch? You guys got your phones shipped on Dec. 29, right? When was the previous one?

Shipped on 12/28. They seems to have sent out all of the 3-4 and some of the 6-7. Most of the 1-2 week orders shipped right at the end of the 2 weeks.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My tracking has updated! Departure Scan from Windsor at 2pm. That should mean it's at the depot any time now and then out for delivery tomorrow. Usually UPS delivers to my neighbourhood at night, and I'm hoping that's the case tomorrow so it won't sit on the porch all day....in the freezing cold/snow.

erodenero

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My tracking has updated! Departure Scan from Windsor at 2pm. That should mean it's at the depot any time now and then out for delivery tomorrow. Usually UPS delivers to my neighbourhood at night, and I'm hoping that's the case tomorrow so it won't sit on the porch all day....in the freezing cold/snow.

are you seein the departure scan on the ups website? or packagemapping? mine shows a location scan and a transparent package, no idea what this means.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
are you seein the departure scan on the ups website? or packagemapping? mine shows a location scan and a transparent package, no idea what this means.

Says departure scan on ups and packagemapping says on route to concord.

Owen188

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes they will (I bought one over the lunch hour in anticipation of getting the N4 soon). Just told them a story of buying an unlocked LTE capable phone and need a new sim card that can get onto LTE. Cost was $10 plus tax. I also confirmed that I can switch back and forth between the N4 and iPhone 4 with the new v3 sim and they said no problem.

Thank you. That is exactly what i wanted to know also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae