Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok folks.....1 week with the Nexus 4....keep this in mind....

DO NOT DROP IT.

I got mine last Thursday and friday evening it slid off the arm of my couch 18" to laminate flooring. Shattered the back glass.

The glass is very slick. Personally, having owned an iPhone for several years with similar drops, I'm surprised it broke. It landed perfectly flat, so no marks or dents on the bezel. I've called Google and they are sending me a replacement and I will ship mine back. I'll likely be charged for the cost of replacing the back case which, I'm expecting to be over $100 given it houses the NFC & wireless charging components (compare to the iPhone 4S back which is $25).

All that sadness said...I love this phone.

G
if you ever wondered why screen replacement can cost a few bucks this video makes sense of it. I personally would never remember where to put everything back in place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_70-W9JjVjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So my poor heart nearly stopped a few minutes ago. I was cooking supper and I accidentally knocked my nexus 4 on the floor. I had my case on it but was terrified that my screen or the back was broken. It fell about 4ft to the hardwood floor. Thankfully no broken glass! There is hope!! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So my poor heart nearly stopped a few minutes ago. I was cooking supper and I accidentally knocked my nexus 4 on the floor. I had my case on it but was terrified that my screen or the back was broken. It fell about 4ft to the hardwood floor. Thankfully no broken glass! There is hope!! :)

Yah! Science in action. Let's add math. People without cases that drop their phones break their screens. Smart people like you drop their phone with a case and magically it doesn't break. :thumbup:

CASE +1
NO CASE - 1

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Yup. A case will usually make the difference between heartbreak and sweet relief.

That must have been a heart wrenching few moments as you examined the phone after the fall. Lol :beer:

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I was relieved when I turned the phone over and say the front was fine. But was terrified that when I took the case off the back would be cracked.

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope the next batch of phones comes soon for you all who are waiting.

Many pages ago on this forum, someone asked if this phone was better than the Samsung S3. I've had my nexus 4 for a few weeks now (it's amazing), and decided to get my wife a new phone too. I have read some great reviews of the S3 so that's what I got her. Oh my what a difference. Her phone is quite a bit slower than the N4 and in comparison seems laggy. personally she likes touchwiz and I don't. But it makes things feel slow. There is a longer wait for apps to open and for operations to take place (ie pop out videos). I read some ideas of settings to change that might speed it up, but honestly the N4 just works well out of the box. You shouldn't have to "fix" a brand new phone to make it work well. She hasn't played with my phone much, so hopefully she will only see improvement from her last phone. Anyhow, enjoy your sweet N4s when they arrive!

Tarenz

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any idea when the next batch would be going out? Been almost 2 months of waiting.. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I know, it's hard right? I'm still waiting too. It should be this or next week for sure.

Well the deadline for shipping is the first half of next week, so fingers crossed. I can't believe how other 6-7 weekers got it shipped 2 weeks ago and we have no clue to when it will ship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If you guys remember what happened with the last batch - date updated to Dec. 27 after a long wait, and on Dec. 29 orders were shipped, so maybe (I really hope) that in two days our phones will be out for delivery!

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Pre-Order date has been changed.. to Jan 14..,status is still Pre-Order,,what can this mean.. did anyone else get there dates change?

It happened to all of us when we got our phones in the last shippment. That's normal. It means your phone is getting ready to ship. Your cc will probably soon be charged again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It happened to all of us when we got our phones in the last shippment. That's normal. It means your phone is getting ready to ship. Your cc will probably soon be charged again!

But then again, our dates changed many times and no shipping emails or CC charges. I'm hoping shipment this week. *Fingers Crossed*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995