power button

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My power button seems harder and harder to press. It almost flush against the phone. Any ideas of what I can try? Ultimately how does it get repaired? I can't be without a phone.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My power button seems harder and harder to press. It almost flush against the phone. Any ideas of what I can try? Ultimately how does it get repaired? I can't be without a phone.

My volume down button did this recently. I made a post about it and some one suggested it was a piece of dirt or lint behind the button. So I tried some keyboard duster. It didn't work but a couple days later it started working again. So I'm still thinking it was dirt or some thing. Anyway my point it try that compressed air keyboard duster. It might work for you

Sent from my Nexus 4

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My volume down button did this recently. I made a post about it and some one suggested it was a piece of dirt or lint behind the button. So I tried some keyboard duster. It didn't work but a couple days later it started working again. So I'm still thinking it was dirt or some thing. Anyway my point it try that compressed air keyboard duster. It might work for you

Sent from my Nexus 4
The only reason I would be reluctant to do that is because that much forced air could potentially break the button.

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I would be reluctant to do that is because that much forced air could potentially break the button.

Well this is no good, you probably just got the phone too :/. Well I don't know if you can but access the back of the Nexus 4 through the screw drivers and see if there is dirt (not sure if you can see it from there)