Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default Accessing Device Play Shop outside of US

Maybe this should be in a different section, but it's about the Nexus so I'll put it here..anyways, I'm an American living in Brasil. Most probably aren't aware of this, but the prices of retail products are INSANE down here (for example, a base Samsung GSIII with a 2-year contract will cost you about $600 USD along with having to pay about $150 USD per month for service)...so I'm planning on having my parents bring some stuff down here when they visit in a few months in order to avoid paying the Brasilian taxes. One of the things I'd like them to bring me is a Nexus...but when I try to access the website it says this isn't available in my country yet...is there a way to bypass this through the settings?

Default Re: Accessing Device Play Shop outside of US

I was on a business trip in Germany and tried to buy a book in English.
    The play store showed German books in Euros instead of what I wanted - English books in UK pounds.

I asked support and the answer was the store uses your sim card country, or the actual country you are in to decide what you can see.

Roger

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Im going to presume you have internet access from a Computer.

First you need to trick the Store into thinking you are inside the US to access the US google play store, you can do this with a neat program called TunnelBear if you are new to VPN i would advise this as your first introduction
    Really simple apps for private access to the global internet.

Install the program, Register (ITS FREE BTW) Run
    then open your browser and go to the google store! EASY (NOTE: Google US only ships to US addresses)
    Thanked by:

And you'll need a US-issued credit card (prepaid/reloadable credits apparently aren't acceptable, either.)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
    Maybe this should be in a different section, but it's about the Nexus so I'll put it here..anyways, I'm an American living in Brasil. Most probably aren't aware of this, but the prices of retail products are INSANE down here (for example, a base Samsung GSIII with a 2-year contract will cost you about $600 USD along with having to pay about $150 USD per month for service)...so I'm planning on having my parents bring some stuff down here when they visit in a few months in order to avoid paying the Brasilian taxes. One of the things I'd like them to bring me is a Nexus...but when I try to access the website it says this isn't available in my country yet...is there a way to bypass this through the settings?
    1mobile.com
    Not sure if it works in brazil and i'm not sure how it works but people have said that it's a play store alternative, might work. Give it a shot
    Thanked by:

FYI Brazil just got books and movies Google Now Offering Up Play Books And Movies In Brazil
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Great, thanks for all the fantastic responses everyone! I'm about ready to ditch my iPhone 4 at this point. Not that it's a bad phone/OS...I just think Android is more suited for me. I appreciate all the help!